Gaffney rumor

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Gaffney rumor

Postby cutiger1900 » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:47 am

[quote=“daCoacher”]Actually, Earley is living with an asst. Principal, has no home to sell, ex wife got that. He hates Anderson and would jump ship if he could. I am sure $120,000.00 and the power to hire and fire at will may make him think twice. He is no longer top dog in A5, just as the super planned. Heck if the Anderson Titans would evolve, he would be a position coach at best. Hanna has the stroke now.[/quote]

Again I have no dog in this fight but your facts are wrong. I know for a fact Earley bought a house in Anderson this past year, you can check public records fo that

The "Titans" are a thought in the wind, will NEVER happen. Have to admit that one intrigued me however I think BOTH sides of town were not too amused with it, basically would have made the 1 HS way too large in the long run .

Still would not surprise me to see him take that job IF offered it, I know a LOT of pressure comes with the Gaffney job however some guys thrive on that . Just amazes me to see on here how quick those fans turn on a coach afterall it is still just HS sports and the main reason kids are there is for an education

Now I saw someone mentioned that Jones may not retire but I was told this is done deal .

On another note, my brother has a neighbor that moved to Anderson couple years ago and was a long time Gaffney resident so we talk with him a good bit. He was telling us that Gaffney has a "parent committee" that has to approve the coach??? Is this correct . He also mentioned that he thought Littlejohn would be next HC for some reason but admitted he was kind of out of the "loop" since moving

I also have heard BHP coach name mentioned but never see that happening
cutiger1900
Freshman

Postby notabyrnesfan » Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:20 pm

the gaffney current staff plays the play lil johnny because of who his dad or uncle is game and that is a major part of the problem! it is also important to note that jones was not this cherokee county superintendents hire (mrs. moore played sports and wants a big winner program on the field) and half of the school board also is new since jones was elevated to head coach with no search done back in the spring of 2010. littlejohn is really close to getting his masters degree and being elevated from assistant principal to the main dog if not in gaffney then at some school so that is the real reason he wont be considered for this imminent coaching vacancy.

[quote=“cutiger1900”][quote=“daCoacher”]Actually, Earley is living with an asst. Principal, has no home to sell, ex wife got that. He hates Anderson and would jump ship if he could. I am sure $120,000.00 and the power to hire and fire at will may make him think twice. He is no longer top dog in A5, just as the super planned. Heck if the Anderson Titans would evolve, he would be a position coach at best. Hanna has the stroke now.[/quote]

Again I have no dog in this fight but your facts are wrong. I know for a fact Earley bought a house in Anderson this past year, you can check public records fo that

The “Titans” are a thought in the wind, will NEVER happen. Have to admit that one intrigued me however I think BOTH sides of town were not too amused with it, basically would have made the 1 HS way too large in the long run .

Still would not surprise me to see him take that job IF offered it, I know a LOT of pressure comes with the Gaffney job however some guys thrive on that . Just amazes me to see on here how quick those fans turn on a coach afterall it is still just HS sports and the main reason kids are there is for an education

Now I saw someone mentioned that Jones may not retire but I was told this is done deal .

On another note, my brother has a neighbor that moved to Anderson couple years ago and was a long time Gaffney resident so we talk with him a good bit. He was telling us that Gaffney has a “parent committee” that has to approve the coach??? Is this correct . He also mentioned that he thought Littlejohn would be next HC for some reason but admitted he was kind of out of the “loop” since moving

I also have heard BHP coach name mentioned but never see that happening[/quote]
notabyrnesfan
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:03 pm

I was just wondering a few weeks ago. What if I hung a taunt at the gaffney game over the wall that said, "Dorman love jones/littlejohn"

Would gaffney fans love me? Would Dorman coaches find that annoying?
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby fbarraza28 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:58 am

Fjallraven Kanken Backpack
Red Valentino
Nike Cortez
Longchamp Outlet
Pandora Charms
Red Bottom Heels
Air Max 98