OT: walking dead

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: OT: walking dead

Postby DeCavelier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:23 pm

Speaking of which, how do you get your eye shot out without having a hole in the side or back of your head, or losing brain mass for that matter???

I mean don't get me wrong...he wasn't any stupider than before he lost his eye but still.

I reckon he'll die a virgin unless some other female gets bit soon and they make the best of a situation.
“Ambition is a dream with a V8 engine.”- Elvis Presley
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:27 pm

Don't ya love how they phoned in the whole part about Eugene helping them escape the Sanctuary?

I guess we'll find out in another mind-bending time jump to open the second half premiere where they go back and tell the story about how Negan escapes instead of following something as time honored as an actual story arc.
DeCavelier
All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:40 pm

What’s this, no love for Carl? Is Eugene our hero now, the orchestrator of the Saviors reprieve. Rick’s group is in a world of $hit now, literally.
    Wait... Didn’t Negan say that he was going to bring down a $hit Storm on Rick. :lol:
      That wasn't too graphic, was it? Don't ya just love Negan's whistling?
      Image3A State Champions
      1 CAT FAN
      All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Mon Dec 11, 2017 1:39 pm

I never did like Carl. Got Dale killed. And how is sitting on a house eating chocolate pudding even a thing?

And it isn’t as if he got bit protecting his little half sister. Went out to help the homeless guy in the woods. Awesome. Only Carl could find a way to screw that up too. Ritualistically killing zombies in the forest to free their souls? Umm, I’d say you’ve bonded enough by saving the guy’s life.

Darwin Award, good riddance. Maybe the real cop can has his hat back now instead of the wanna be. Strap a suicide vest to Carl and send him to Negan. Come Carl, make your existence mean something.

And what if Carl did actually manage to do the dew with a girl and knock her up?

Assuming she survives and unlike Maggie actually has a baby, then Rick would be a grandfather too. Would probably start to sympathize with Brad Pitt.
      DeCavelier
      All-American

Postby WarPaint74 » Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:04 am

The shocking truth about Carl:
      Remember this scene from season 1?
      CDC Dr. Edwin Jenner had taken blood samples from everyone in the group.
      As the group is leaving Dr. Jenner whispers something to Rick Grimes.

“Carl’s midi-chlorian readings are off the chart. Over 20,000. Even Master Yoda doesn’t have a midi-chlorian count that high.”

Rick never tells the group the truth because he fears the group might try to murder Carl before his Jedi powers fully develop.
      WarPaint74
      All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:45 am

LMAO!

Wasn't sure where you were going with that. Thought for a second there you were gonna imply that they could re-clone Carl using the blood samples.

I have to say after letting it all sink in that TWD really whiffed the first half of the season. Hope the second half is even a little better.
      DeCavelier
      All-American

Postby WarPaint74 » Thu Dec 14, 2017 5:11 pm

I read an interview with Chandler Riggs where he said that he had just been told that his character was quaranteed at least three more seasons and then a few days later Scott M. Gimple fired him.
      He also said that he and Andrew Lincoln had discussed the situation and both believe that the Rick character will be killed off by the end of the season.

I probably won’t waste my time with another season.
      WarPaint74
      All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Wed Feb 28, 2018 10:34 am

Goodbye Carl
        Image3A State Champions
        1 CAT FAN
        All-American

Postby DeCavelier » Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:16 pm

Good riddance to CARRLLLL!

Geez! If these are the survivors, how stupid were the zombies in real life. Ughh.

Finally the 3rd episode kinda hit a stride. Good dialogue! And someone listened when we said, "NO MORE FACE MONTAGES!!! WE KNOW WHAT CHARACTERS LOOK LIKE!"

Watched another zombie movie. French Canadian movie called Ravenous. Dumb movie with dumb dumb survivors. Would be nice to watch a film where you're not going, "Well now why the hell are they doing that??? That type of decision making ability deserves and quick and painful death."

But, there was a single scene that made Ravenous almost worth watching.

Litterally the movie could have been shortened to a Funny Or Die length and would have been as good but I did get a good laugh out of the one scene.
        DeCavelier
        All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:30 am

What’s your story?
          Morgan - “I lose people, then I lose myself.”
          Image3A State Champions
          1 CAT FAN
          All-American

Previous

Return to Class 5A