**Spartanburg Vikings -vs- Etowah Eagles Ga.**

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Who will win?

Spartanburg Vikings
36%
Etowah Eagles
64%

Total votes : 14

**Spartanburg Vikings -vs- Etowah Eagles Ga.**

Postby Victory6 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:50 am

The Spartanburg Vikings(0-2) will host the Etowah Eagles Ga.(1-1) this coming Friday. The Vikings lost to TL Hanna(2-0) last Friday by the score of 35-0. The Eagles were defeated by North Cobb Ga. 38-35. This will be the first home game for the Vikings as they look to get back on track after a dismal 0-2 start. Etowah will try to make it 2-0 against the Boys Of The Burg. The Vikings will have 6 returning players from a one game suspension, and hopefully their stud RB will see his first acting of the year. Etowah has shown they can score points but it will be a tall task against a bunch of angry Vikings. I think the Vikings get their first win of the season and start gelling as a great group.....**GO VIKINGS**

SPARTAN HIGH - 28
SPARTAN HIGH!!.jpg
SPARTAN HIGH!!.jpg (5.76 KiB) Viewed 3517 times

Etowah Eagles - 17
Etowah Eagles.png
Etowah Eagles.png (18.73 KiB) Viewed 3517 times

Date:Friday September 1, 2017
Time: 7:30pm
Admission:$6
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Re: **Spartanburg Vikings -vs- Etowah Eagles Ga.**

Postby thedoctor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:58 am

I-Formation vs the Viking's run defense. Doesn't look like a good matchup for the Burg, but we will see.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby 1st&Goal » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:13 am

The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?
If YOU cant walk it.....You prolly shouldnt TALK it!!!
1st&Goal
All-American

Postby Victory6 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:32 am

1st&Goal wrote:The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?

I was told by one of my good friends who is a faithful Calvalier fan, unlike yourself that Dormans defense is very weak. The Burg defense played pretty well considering all the mistakes caused by the revamped offense. Dorman had ALL of their weapons on offense so their defense have NO excuse!! :shock: .....now what's your point Dorman graduate!! :?
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:36 am

[quote=“Victory6”][quote=“1st&Goal”]The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?[/quote]

I was told by one of my good friends who is a faithful Calvalier fan, unlike yourself that Dormans defense is very weak. The Burg defense played pretty well considering all the mistakes caused by the revamped offense. Dorman had ALL of their weapons on offense so their defense have NO excuse!! :shock: .....now what’s your point Dorman graduate!! :? [/quote]

Nearly 400 yards rushing is not playing well. Wow, what is this dude on?
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby Vikings89 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:02 am

thedoctor wrote:[quote=“Victory6”][quote=“1st&Goal”]The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?

I was told by one of my good friends who is a faithful Calvalier fan, unlike yourself that Dormans defense is very weak. The Burg defense played pretty well considering all the mistakes caused by the revamped offense. Dorman had ALL of their weapons on offense so their defense have NO excuse!! :shock: .....now what’s your point Dorman graduate!! :? [/quote]

Nearly 400 yards rushing is not playing well. Wow, what is this dude on?[/quote]

Anyone that has EVER PLAYED or knows the GAME OF FOOTBALL should know if the offense can't maintain drives long enough for the DEFENSE
to rest, it can be a long night. The DEFENSE was worn down in this game.
The Offense T.L. Hanna runs can be tough on any High School defense.
I LOVE IT WHEN THE REBELS COUNT THE VIKINGS OUT.
Vikings89
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Mon Aug 28, 2017 11:41 am

[quote=“Vikings89”][quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“Victory6”][quote=“1st&Goal”]The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?[/quote]

Nearly 400 yards rushing is not playing well. Wow, what is this dude on?[/quote]

Anyone that has EVER PLAYED or knows the GAME OF FOOTBALL should know if the offense can’t maintain drives long enough for the DEFENSE
[/quote]

I'm not counting anyone out. Y'all were the big guys on the block, running that mouth, and now are getting ran through like a knife through warm butter. I know that defense get tired. If that's the case, two questions for you.

1. Were the Vikings tired from warm-ups, because Hanna ran it well from the first play on?

2. What is your excuse for the Summerville game? Can't blame almost 700 yards in two games on fatigue pal.
thedoctor
Varsity

Postby Vikings89 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:24 pm

thedoctor wrote:[quote=“Vikings89”][quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“Victory6”][quote=“1st&Goal”]The Viking have gave up 400+ yards per game thus far to running Os of Summerville and T.L.. You say Angry D??? Does SHS actually have a D?

Anyone that has EVER PLAYED or knows the GAME OF FOOTBALL should know if the offense can’t maintain drives long enough for the DEFENSE
[/quote]

I'm not counting anyone out. Y'all were the big guys on the block, running that mouth, and now are getting ran through like a knife through warm butter. I know that defense get tired. If that's the case, two questions for you.

1. Were the Vikings tired from warm-ups, because Hanna ran it well from the first play on?

2. What is your excuse for the Summerville game? Can't blame almost 700 yards in two games on fatigue pal.[/quote]

The Defense actually play well in the beginning. Great field position help
Hanna on a lot of drives. The Vikings punter was one of the players
suspended. Both teams gave up a lot of yards in the Summerville game.
Vikings89
Varsity

Postby wavefan70s » Mon Aug 28, 2017 12:31 pm

Spartanburgs d line has a couple of big fellas.but some are smaller with good speed.
I believe in the power game they dont match up well.you wont get the corners much.but you can power through them.open a lil daylight eat yards and clock.game films show this.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby rebelyell88 » Mon Aug 28, 2017 1:16 pm

Eagles 35 Vikings14 they will run it down spartanburg throat so hard v-6 will need some meds for a sore throat on Sat.morning
rebelyell88
Varsity

Next

Return to Class 5A