White House welcomes Clemson Tigers

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

White House welcomes Clemson Tigers

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:20 pm

WASHINGTON -- President Donald Trump honored Clemson University’s NCAA champion football team Monday, calling its victory a title “for the ages.”

The Tigers won the national championship in January with a thrilling 35-31 victory over the Alabama Crimson Tide.

Redshirt junior defensive end Clelin Ferrell said he was one of about a dozen players who were invited into the Oval Office to meet President Trump. Ferrell said each of the players introduced themselves, and they took a group picture. President Trump asked them how they thought they were going to be next year. Ferrell described the chat with the president as “pretty chill, nothing serious.”

In the main event on the South Lawn, Trump told the team that “success is about how hard you are willing to fight in order to overcome and in order to win,” but he also kept it light-hearted. He asked for Hunter Renfrow, who caught the game-winning touchdown pass with two seconds remaining.

“Where’s Hunter?” Trump asked. “Oh, Hunter, you’re so lucky you caught that ball.” Trump noted the team’s wins over Florida State, Ohio State and South Carolina en route to the national title. He talked about Dabo Swinney’s vision for the program and said the coach “helped forge a new culture at Clemson” -- a message that didn’t go unnoticed by the players.” It was a good reflection of what most people saw us do this year, which was come together as a team to accomplish one big goal -- not just for us but the whole Clemson community,” Ferrell said. “It was good to hear that from somebody as big as him, the president of the United States, so that was just a great feeling to have that type of recognition from somebody like him.

“Being an athlete, a lot of times you don’t get to sit back and look at the accomplishments you’ve had, but today has been a great day because we got to eat White House food -- oh my gosh -- it was finger food. It was probably the best finger food I ever had. Shrimp, it was good, but just soaking it all up and just enjoying the moment you worked hard for.” President Trump said there is a tiger that looks like it’s flying upward etched into Clemson’s championship rings, with the words “a little extra.”

“That’s often the difference between winning and losing, just a little extra,” Trump said. “Isn’t that right, coach?”

Clemson brought about 180 people, said athletic director Dan Radakovich, who went to the White House with LSU in 2004.

“They had a great assortment, a lot of food. Everybody just really enjoyed the opportunity to have the East Wing of the White House as our little area for a couple of hours,” he said. “And certainly the opportunity to get into the Oval Office. It is the greatest home-court advantage in the world, there’s no question about that.“
      http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19617401/trump-welcomes-ncaa-champion-clemson-white-house
      Dillon Wildcats 08′ 09′ 12′ 13′ 14′ 15′ 17′ State Champions
      1 CAT FAN
      All-American

Re: White House welcomes Clemson Tigers

Postby Victory6 » Mon Jun 12, 2017 10:43 pm

You couldn't pay me to go to the white house with that piece of sh@t living there!!
      **ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
      Victory6
      All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:10 am

[quote=“Victory6”]You couldn’t pay me to go to the white house with that piece of sh@t living there!![/quote]

Just as you couldnt have paid me to go to the white house when that other piece of crap lived there.

Way to go Clemson, Dabo, & President Trump!!! :D
      I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
      BYRNES#1
      Heisman

Postby 1CANNON » Tue Jun 13, 2017 6:58 am

[quote=“Victory6”]You couldn’t pay me to go to the white house with that piece of sh@t living there!![/quote]

Isn't this the pot calling the kettle black :?
      YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
      1CANNON
      All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Tue Jun 13, 2017 8:37 am

Typical leftist response to a SPORTS post.
      3-3 Stack
      All-American

Postby Victory6 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:16 am

3-3 Stack wrote:[quote=“Victory6”]You couldn’t pay me to go to the white house with that piece of sh@t living there!!

Typical leftist response to a SPORTS post.[/quote]

This SPORTS post has the words WHITE HOUSE in it. That makes it political also....those fine young Clemson players do not need to be shacking hands with a p@$$y grabber, it may be contagious!! ;)
      Victory6
      All-American

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Tue Jun 13, 2017 9:35 am

Dabo Swinney’s Speech at Clemson’s White House Visit: Swinney touches on the uncommon effort with which his team prepared and played during the 2016 season.
          http://www.tigernet.com/update/WATCH-Dabo-Swinneys-heartfelt-speech-at-the-White-House-26996?ref=front
            Dillon Wildcats 08′ 09′ 12′ 13′ 14′ 15′ 17′ State Champions
            1 CAT FAN
            All-American

Postby Victory6 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 3:54 pm

I'm not a WARRIORS fan but here's a team who truly has their priorities in order!! Didn't take them 24hrs to realize that the Tramp sitting in the white house does NOT represent over half the country!! 8-)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unan ... 2pj8KAqKK/
            Victory6
            All-American

Postby BYRNES#1 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 4:34 pm

[quote=“Victory6”]I’m not a WARRIORS fan but here’s a team who truly has their priorities in order!! Didn’t take them 24hrs to realize that the Tramp sitting in the white house does NOT represent over half the country!! 8-)

http://www.ajc.com/sports/warriors-unan ... 2pj8KAqKK/[/quote]

Im betting this is fake news & if its not it then it just proves their owner is a leftist liberal that dreams of keeping the common man down & having them depend on the government. Being this is a west coast team it could be a true story, but I still think its fake news. We shall see. ;)
            I dont give em hell, I just tell them the truth & they think its hell.
            BYRNES#1
            Heisman

Postby Colbyc36 » Tue Jun 13, 2017 7:48 pm

[quote=“Victory6”][quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“Victory6”]You couldn’t pay me to go to the white house with that piece of sh@t living there!![/quote]
            Typical leftist response to a SPORTS post.[/quote]

This SPORTS post has the words WHITE HOUSE in it. That makes it political also....those fine young Clemson players do not need to be shacking hands with a p@$$y grabber, it may be contagious!! ;) [/quote]

I personally like grabbing some front bum, as long as it is consensual. If you are worried about contracting something contagious, get you five French ticklers.
            Colbyc36
            All-American

Next

Return to Class 5A