gaffney was challenged to a game in miami this coming season

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: gaffney was challenged to a game in miami this coming se

Postby Victory6 » Thu Mar 30, 2017 4:03 pm

FireWater wrote:
1CANNON wrote:While I agree it's great to have a Shaq, & Hyleck Ayers,, Bobby Bentley showed you how to win without a super star.
With the right preparation
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

None of which Gaffney has had since Strickland left.

I have no hate for Dan or Dummy Littlejohn but, give these young men the best opportunity,, get them a coach.

You nailed it! It takes preparation, game planning and coaching. Bentley didn't always have the most talented team on the field but they knew how to win with the players they had. As much as I dislike Byrnes and Bentley I will never take anything away from what he did there. They were the dominant team in South Carolina for a little over a decade and that didn't happen by accident. He provided the blueprint but for some reason the people over here in Gaffney have no interest in trying to follow it.

I believe you nailed it.... preparation, game planning and good coaching is the key to success (BUT) i wouldn't give ALL the credit to Bentley. byrnes started their dominance when coach Miller injected his defensive scheme into the mix. Coach Miller proved he could win in the highest classification without Bentley. Bentley could not do it without Miller!! Also if Bentley provided the blueprint for success what's wrong with byrnes now? Did Bentley take the blueprints with him after his last year coaching there? :?
Last edited by Victory6 on Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:40 pm

Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
1CANNON wrote:While I agree it's great to have a Shaq, & Hyleck Ayers,, Bobby Bentley showed you how to win without a super star.
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

I have no hate for Dan or Dummy Littlejohn but, give these young men the best opportunity,, get them a coach.

You nailed it! It takes preparation, game planning and coaching. Bentley didn't always have the most talented team on the field but they knew how to win with the players they had. As much as I dislike Byrnes and Bentley I will never take anything away from what he did there. They were the dominant team in South Carolina for a little over a decade and that didn't happen by accident. He provided the blueprint but for some reason the people over here in Gaffney have no interest in trying to follow it.

I believe you nailed it.... preparation, game planning and good coaching is the key to success (BUT) i wouldn't give ALL the credit to Bentley. byrnes started their dominance when coach Miller injected his defensive scheme into the mix. Coach Miller proved he could when in the highest classification without Bentley. Bentley could not do it without Miller!! Also if Bentley provided the blueprint for success what's wrong with byrnes now? Did Bentley take the blueprints with him after his last year coaching there? :?

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Byrnes blueprint is just fine and it will show this fall. Also, Byrnes won in 2002 and 2003 before Chris came back to Byrnes. Look at Chris record at Brooke, he was average at best. Bobby showed him the ropes and bam, now he has taken it to Spartan High.

Sorry that another post turned into a Byrnes one, I'm just defending the person that changed the game in SC and that's Bobby Bentley.

I wish Gaffney would venture out of western NC and play other states, it would open their eyes and other states' eyes about Gaffney as well.
thedoctor
JV

Postby Vikings89 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:22 am

thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

I believe you nailed it.... preparation, game planning and good coaching is the key to success (BUT) i wouldn't give ALL the credit to Bentley. byrnes started their dominance when coach Miller injected his defensive scheme into the mix. Coach Miller proved he could when in the highest classification without Bentley. Bentley could not do it without Miller!! Also if Bentley provided the blueprint for success what's wrong with byrnes now? Did Bentley take the blueprints with him after his last year coaching there? :?

Hate to burst your bubble, but the Byrnes blueprint is just fine and it will show this fall. Also, Byrnes won in 2002 and 2003 before Chris came back to Byrnes. Look at Chris record at Brooke, he was average at best. Bobby showed him the ropes and bam, now he has taken it to Spartan High.

Sorry that another post turned into a Byrnes one, I'm just defending the person that changed the game in SC and that's Bobby Bentley.

I wish Gaffney would venture out of western NC and play other states, it would open their eyes and other states' eyes about Gaffney as well.

Hate to burst your bubble, but Byrnes is DONE......
2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.
Vikings89
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:27 am

Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

Not going to allow you or your bud to hijack another thread. Plenty of Byrnes thread to discuss this.
thedoctor
JV

Postby Victory6 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:34 am

Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

I agree Vikings89......byrnes fans are delusional!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Until they prove they can get into the playoffs, imo they're going to be everyones homecoming opponent!! :D Gaffney proved they are on their way back, they won a playoff game last year!!
**ONCE A VIKING, ALWAYS A VIKING**
Victory6
All-American

Postby thedoctor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:10 am

Victory6 wrote:
Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

I agree Vikings89......byrnes fans are delusional!! :lol: :lol: :lol: Until they prove they can get into the playoffs, imo they're going to be everyones homecoming opponent!! :D Gaffney proved they are on their way back, they won a playoff game last year!!

You know Byrnes is the most hated team when certain people say our run is over, but can not stop talking about Byrnes. Clearly, we are still a force and they are worried we may start another run. If Byrnes is so bad, how come you turn or hijack every thread and start bashing Byrnes.
thedoctor
JV

Postby 1CANNON » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:04 am

Victory6 wrote:
Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

Get your facts straight clown Gaffney won 2 playoff games. The first game was against N.W.
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby Vikings89 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:06 am

thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

You know Byrnes is the most hated team when certain people say our run is over, but can not stop talking about Byrnes. Clearly, we are still a force and they are worried we may start another run. If Byrnes is so bad, how come you turn or hijack every thread and start bashing Byrnes.

I personally don't hate Byrnes. As I have been saying for the last couple
of years: ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED. Byrnes has taken its rightful
place in the Region standings -DEAD LAST. No matter how you or your
COMRADES want to spin it the run the Rebels had has been over. It is
now 2017. Will the rebels improve this year??? POSSIBLY An improvement
could possibly mean instead or finishing 3 - 7 , they finish 4 - 6....
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Vikings89
Varsity

Postby thedoctor » Fri Mar 31, 2017 11:51 am

Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
Vikings89 wrote:
thedoctor wrote:
Victory6 wrote:
FireWater wrote:
With the right game plan
With the right Coaching

2002 - 2012 RIP REBELS.

I personally don't hate Byrnes. As I have been saying for the last couple
of years: ORDER HAS BEEN RESTORED. Byrnes has taken its rightful
place in the Region standings -DEAD LAST. No matter how you or your
COMRADES want to spin it the run the Rebels had has been over. It is
now 2017. Will the rebels improve this year??? POSSIBLY An improvement
could possibly mean instead or finishing 3 - 7 , they finish 4 - 6....
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Stop your hate and dislike for Byrnes by hijacking yet another thread to try and bash Byrnes. This is supposed to be about the Indians.
thedoctor
JV

Postby Colbyc36 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 12:27 pm

Gaffney can hang with anyone in the country. A TRUE storied program. They need to get out there.
"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself." Mark Twain
Colbyc36
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A