Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by thedoctor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:06 am

GCRVT16 wrote:
rebelyell88 wrote:Three names if Miller wants the job byrnes is willing to make him the highest paid coach in the state.t.g.is a strong name that knows the program inside and out but if t.g.gets the job it will be more about who he surrounds himself with then just him.Trey elder is a name but would be a mistake cause he is not ready.I've heard steps from Lexington and early but their altitudes will most likely keep them out of the race also the guy from Grayson and one more coach from Georgia I don't remember if it was valdasta or north gwennith have shown intrest


That would be the coach from Colquitt County who coached at Hoover 88. Lexington is a no go and you know why. If Gillespie gets it which no one in Rebel Nation wouldn't have any problems with him getting it. The coaches he surrounds himself with would be Srock, Kelly, Bailey brothers, Cross, Mags is a must keep. I'd be on the fence with the O-Line coach good guy but that unit needs alot of polishing. I'd say Rollins has to go and the rest of the Woodruff crowd that came with him. If Miller comes there is no telling who he would bring with him and who he would retain from the Byrnes staff. Just a little tidbit Lane's name is being thrown around at Wade Hampton.



Also JL Mann as well. Need to get Howard back on the sidelines coaching the oline.
thedoctor
Varsity
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by GCRVT16 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:15 am

Also the coach from Abbeville from what I've been told is also interested in the Byrnes job. He's a proven winner and he runs a very tight program.
GCRVT16
Freshman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by thedoctor » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:20 am

GCRVT16 wrote:Also the coach from Abbeville from what I've been told is also interested in the Byrnes job. He's a proven winner and he runs a very tight program.


The A-Bone won't be ran at Byrnes.
thedoctor
Varsity
 
Posts: 670
Joined: Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:06 am

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by GCRVT16 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:23 am

thedoctor wrote:
GCRVT16 wrote:
rebelyell88 wrote:Three names if Miller wants the job byrnes is willing to make him the highest paid coach in the state.t.g.is a strong name that knows the program inside and out but if t.g.gets the job it will be more about who he surrounds himself with then just him.Trey elder is a name but would be a mistake cause he is not ready.I've heard steps from Lexington and early but their altitudes will most likely keep them out of the race also the guy from Grayson and one more coach from Georgia I don't remember if it was valdasta or north gwennith have shown intrest


That would be the coach from Colquitt County who coached at Hoover 88. Lexington is a no go and you know why. If Gillespie gets it which no one in Rebel Nation wouldn't have any problems with him getting it. The coaches he surrounds himself with would be Srock, Kelly, Bailey brothers, Cross, Mags is a must keep. I'd be on the fence with the O-Line coach good guy but that unit needs alot of polishing. I'd say Rollins has to go and the rest of the Woodruff crowd that came with him. If Miller comes there is no telling who he would bring with him and who he would retain from the Byrnes staff. Just a little tidbit Lane's name is being thrown around at Wade Hampton.



Also JL Mann as well. Need to get Howard back on the sidelines coaching the oline.


Coach Howard Wow that would be a great addition. Coach Simmons would be my choice as the HC of the C Team. I'd let Coach Kelly and the oldest Bailey brother have full hands on of the guys on the JV team. Byrnes has all the pieces in place just lose the family and clowns hanging around bringing down the Byrnes name and trying to get a paycheck. I'd also redo the Jr High HC positions.
GCRVT16
Freshman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by GCRVT16 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:24 am

thedoctor wrote:
GCRVT16 wrote:Also the coach from Abbeville from what I've been told is also interested in the Byrnes job. He's a proven winner and he runs a very tight program.


The A-Bone won't be ran at Byrnes.



No he wouldn't bring his offense him just as a football coach with the pedigree and how he runs his team would get him a deep interview.
GCRVT16
Freshman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by SPARTANVILLE VI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:27 am

GCRVT16 wrote:
Blue&Gold#1 wrote:When did they allow kids to freely transfer the way it seems to be happening.

Didn't Byrnes have an issue with a transfer this season?

Tell us more about this Miller to Byrnes deal that you keep talking about GCRVT62!!!


Spartanburg has alot of baggage more baggage than what you Spartanburg fans even know. Miller had just as much building the Byrnes program as Bentley did. He doesn't like the way the Byrnes program is being ran right now and he will tell anyone of any fanbase that right now. Spartanburg is back on the map yall have let the entire upstate know that. Miller would come back to Byrnes and work to get things back to the pinnacle it once was with Mike Srock and they will hand the keys over to Marcus, Trey, or Willy within the next 4 years. Miller said anything and everything is negotiable... So believe it if not that is your prerogative. Btw it's GCRVT16 I'd appreciate it if you would get it right because I haven't disrespected you or your name. It's really childish on your part.




Spartanburg has more baggage than we know? Please tell Spartan High fans what we don't know about our coach andour team??? If Miller did just as much building as Bentley did then D5 sure does a great job of recognizing achievement. Make him answer to Bentley even after he's Head Coach and winning titles back to back? Is it any mystery why Miller returned to SHS? Miller is a hero here at Spartanburg- we appreciated everything hes done for Spartan High, he never had that appreciation at Byrnes so why would he want it now? When Byrnes is back to missing the playoffs and its clear Bentleys not gonna return?

This is the house Bill Carr built, Doc Davis took to glory and Chris Miller returned to glory- but I'll be the first to say Miller's job isn't over yet. This is Miller's Viking Ship, and Miller has a few titles left in him, his defense is better than ever and nobody's gonna ask when is Bentley coming back.
Miller is making 15k more than he ever made at Byrnes. As a retiree Miller will get 51% of his salary every year for life so retiring at SHS will pay Miller literally for the rest of his life. Miller has a better job at SHS, period. If Miller goes to Byrnes he's back to a 3A stadium, he'll have to ask D5 for a stadium that fans declined by a 2 to 1 margin and you think D5 can keep up with our salary offer? Maybe y'all will try and pay Miller like y'all paid Bobby when Miller was the one winning titles for Byrnes.

If Miller goes back to Byrnes he'll have less talent, less support and aging facilities. At Spartanburg he's got his talent, your players transfer to our program, we get a brand new school and stadium and we pay Miller more. Miller is at a school that wins titles once again because of his work, where he gets the credit for his work and hes gonna go back to a school that can't win a title without him and now wants him back?

Byrnes didn't make the playoffs and Miller's Vikings are playing tomorrow night. Miller going to Byrnes isnt even logical.

Also Sparty told this board for years that Miller would go home to SHS and win a title. Byrnes fans disagreed and have been proven wrong. In 2013 I posted that in the next five years Byrnes would have a losing season in the next five years and not win a title for at least five years. Byrnes was a much more lucrative job in 2012, separated from a title by a single season than it is now- you picked Bentley and then he left. Picking Bentley again was the mistake, not hiring Lane. The time to move in a different direction was 2012 as it stands now you have to keep hiring from essentially a shrinking pool of Bentley assistants.
Spartanburg High School State Champions
1932, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2014

Vikings Football- Simply The Best Since 1970

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
User avatar
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American
 
Posts: 5576
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 pm
Location: SPARTANBURG, SC

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by GCRVT16 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:12 am

SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:
GCRVT16 wrote:
Blue&Gold#1 wrote:When did they allow kids to freely transfer the way it seems to be happening.

Didn't Byrnes have an issue with a transfer this season?

Tell us more about this Miller to Byrnes deal that you keep talking about GCRVT62!!!


Spartanburg has alot of baggage more baggage than what you Spartanburg fans even know. Miller had just as much building the Byrnes program as Bentley did. He doesn't like the way the Byrnes program is being ran right now and he will tell anyone of any fanbase that right now. Spartanburg is back on the map yall have let the entire upstate know that. Miller would come back to Byrnes and work to get things back to the pinnacle it once was with Mike Srock and they will hand the keys over to Marcus, Trey, or Willy within the next 4 years. Miller said anything and everything is negotiable... So believe it if not that is your prerogative. Btw it's GCRVT16 I'd appreciate it if you would get it right because I haven't disrespected you or your name. It's really childish on your part.




Spartanburg has more baggage than we know? Please tell Spartan High fans what we don't know about our coach andour team??? If Miller did just as much building as Bentley did then D5 sure does a great job of recognizing achievement. Make him answer to Bentley even after he's Head Coach and winning titles back to back? Is it any mystery why Miller returned to SHS? Miller is a hero here at Spartanburg- we appreciated everything hes done for Spartan High, he never had that appreciation at Byrnes so why would he want it now? When Byrnes is back to missing the playoffs and its clear Bentleys not gonna return?

This is the house Bill Carr built, Doc Davis took to glory and Chris Miller returned to glory- but I'll be the first to say Miller's job isn't over yet. This is Miller's Viking Ship, and Miller has a few titles left in him, his defense is better than ever and nobody's gonna ask when is Bentley coming back.
Miller is making 15k more than he ever made at Byrnes. As a retiree Miller will get 51% of his salary every year for life so retiring at SHS will pay Miller literally for the rest of his life. Miller has a better job at SHS, period. If Miller goes to Byrnes he's back to a 3A stadium, he'll have to ask D5 for a stadium that fans declined by a 2 to 1 margin and you think D5 can keep up with our salary offer? Maybe y'all will try and pay Miller like y'all paid Bobby when Miller was the one winning titles for Byrnes.

If Miller goes back to Byrnes he'll have less talent, less support and aging facilities. At Spartanburg he's got his talent, your players transfer to our program, we get a brand new school and stadium and we pay Miller more. Miller is at a school that wins titles once again because of his work, where he gets the credit for his work and hes gonna go back to a school that can't win a title without him and now wants him back?

Byrnes didn't make the playoffs and Miller's Vikings are playing tomorrow night. Miller going to Byrnes isnt even logical.

Also Sparty told this board for years that Miller would go home to SHS and win a title. Byrnes fans disagreed and have been proven wrong. In 2013 I posted that in the next five years Byrnes would have a losing season in the next five years and not win a title for at least five years. Byrnes was a much more lucrative job in 2012, separated from a title by a single season than it is now- you picked Bentley and then he left. Picking Bentley again was the mistake, not hiring Lane. The time to move in a different direction was 2012 as it stands now you have to keep hiring from essentially a shrinking pool of Bentley assistants.



Let me tell you one thing I admire your ambition. Miller loves Spartanburg and always will, and I assume you've been good to him. Now let's get to the biscuits and gravy now. Miller is so disgusted of the shape the Byrnes program he helped build. He doesn't care about a new stadium that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Your coach lives on the Westside of Spartanburg and there is a 85% chance he will be back coaching on the Westside of Spartanburg. He brought Spartanburg back to revelance and he will come back home and do it at Byrnes as well. Hey it was Miller that said anything and everything is negotiable about the Byrnes job. Money is an issue up here, and he will get paid what he asks for.
GCRVT16
Freshman
 
Posts: 64
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2016 11:33 pm

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by SPARTANVILLE VI » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:56 am

GCRVT16 wrote:
SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:
GCRVT16 wrote:
Blue&Gold#1 wrote:When did they allow kids to freely transfer the way it seems to be happening.

Didn't Byrnes have an issue with a transfer this season?

Tell us more about this Miller to Byrnes deal that you keep talking about GCRVT62!!!


Spartanburg has alot of baggage more baggage than what you Spartanburg fans even know. Miller had just as much building the Byrnes program as Bentley did. He doesn't like the way the Byrnes program is being ran right now and he will tell anyone of any fanbase that right now. Spartanburg is back on the map yall have let the entire upstate know that. Miller would come back to Byrnes and work to get things back to the pinnacle it once was with Mike Srock and they will hand the keys over to Marcus, Trey, or Willy within the next 4 years. Miller said anything and everything is negotiable... So believe it if not that is your prerogative. Btw it's GCRVT16 I'd appreciate it if you would get it right because I haven't disrespected you or your name. It's really childish on your part.




Spartanburg has more baggage than we know? Please tell Spartan High fans what we don't know about our coach andour team??? If Miller did just as much building as Bentley did then D5 sure does a great job of recognizing achievement. Make him answer to Bentley even after he's Head Coach and winning titles back to back? Is it any mystery why Miller returned to SHS? Miller is a hero here at Spartanburg- we appreciated everything hes done for Spartan High, he never had that appreciation at Byrnes so why would he want it now? When Byrnes is back to missing the playoffs and its clear Bentleys not gonna return?

This is the house Bill Carr built, Doc Davis took to glory and Chris Miller returned to glory- but I'll be the first to say Miller's job isn't over yet. This is Miller's Viking Ship, and Miller has a few titles left in him, his defense is better than ever and nobody's gonna ask when is Bentley coming back.
Miller is making 15k more than he ever made at Byrnes. As a retiree Miller will get 51% of his salary every year for life so retiring at SHS will pay Miller literally for the rest of his life. Miller has a better job at SHS, period. If Miller goes to Byrnes he's back to a 3A stadium, he'll have to ask D5 for a stadium that fans declined by a 2 to 1 margin and you think D5 can keep up with our salary offer? Maybe y'all will try and pay Miller like y'all paid Bobby when Miller was the one winning titles for Byrnes.

If Miller goes back to Byrnes he'll have less talent, less support and aging facilities. At Spartanburg he's got his talent, your players transfer to our program, we get a brand new school and stadium and we pay Miller more. Miller is at a school that wins titles once again because of his work, where he gets the credit for his work and hes gonna go back to a school that can't win a title without him and now wants him back?

Byrnes didn't make the playoffs and Miller's Vikings are playing tomorrow night. Miller going to Byrnes isnt even logical.

Also Sparty told this board for years that Miller would go home to SHS and win a title. Byrnes fans disagreed and have been proven wrong. In 2013 I posted that in the next five years Byrnes would have a losing season in the next five years and not win a title for at least five years. Byrnes was a much more lucrative job in 2012, separated from a title by a single season than it is now- you picked Bentley and then he left. Picking Bentley again was the mistake, not hiring Lane. The time to move in a different direction was 2012 as it stands now you have to keep hiring from essentially a shrinking pool of Bentley assistants.



Let me tell you one thing I admire your ambition. Miller loves Spartanburg and always will, and I assume you've been good to him. Now let's get to the biscuits and gravy now. Miller is so disgusted of the shape the Byrnes program he helped build. He doesn't care about a new stadium that's one of the craziest things I've ever heard. Your coach lives on the Westside of Spartanburg and there is a 85% chance he will be back coaching on the Westside of Spartanburg. He brought Spartanburg back to revelance and he will come back home and do it at Byrnes as well. Hey it was Miller that said anything and everything is negotiable about the Byrnes job. Money is an issue up here, and he will get paid what he asks for.


A new stadium is a very big deal- a stadium has been a goal for many Spartanburg fans and Miller's winning ways helped get support in our community. In fact the failed referendum to build a new stadium likely led to the lack of attendance at Byrnes games as of late.

Well if you would elaborate on the issues we Spartanburg fans don't know about it would be a great help. As for Miller saying anything is negotiable, how do you know its not hearsay? Also D7 pays Miller the most of any coach that is not also an Athletic Director- if you can't even fund a new stadium how can you keep up with SHS? D5 can't outspend us- in the case of Miller himself they never have.

Your prediction is rooted in much speculation. Also I would expect many Byrnes fans to chime in supporting your statements on Miller. Clearly quite a few Byrnes fans would know this wouldn't they? B1 says its Gillespie. Im inclined to agree.
Spartanburg High School State Champions
1932, 1991, 1994, 1995, 1996, 2001, 2014

Vikings Football- Simply The Best Since 1970

"Momentum is only a play away"- Doc Davis
User avatar
SPARTANVILLE VI
All-American
 
Posts: 5576
Joined: Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:15 pm
Location: SPARTANBURG, SC

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by Pride and Tradition » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:32 am

SPARTANVILLE VI wrote:
GCRVT16 wrote:
Blue&Gold#1 wrote:When did they allow kids to freely transfer the way it seems to be happening.

Didn't Byrnes have an issue with a transfer this season?

Tell us more about this Miller to Byrnes deal that you keep talking about GCRVT62!!!


Spartanburg has alot of baggage more baggage than what you Spartanburg fans even know. Miller had just as much building the Byrnes program as Bentley did. He doesn't like the way the Byrnes program is being ran right now and he will tell anyone of any fanbase that right now. Spartanburg is back on the map yall have let the entire upstate know that. Miller would come back to Byrnes and work to get things back to the pinnacle it once was with Mike Srock and they will hand the keys over to Marcus, Trey, or Willy within the next 4 years. Miller said anything and everything is negotiable... So believe it if not that is your prerogative. Btw it's GCRVT16 I'd appreciate it if you would get it right because I haven't disrespected you or your name. It's really childish on your part.




Spartanburg has more baggage than we know? Please tell Spartan High fans what we don't know about our coach andour team??? If Miller did just as much building as Bentley did then D5 sure does a great job of recognizing achievement. Make him answer to Bentley even after he's Head Coach and winning titles back to back? Is it any mystery why Miller returned to SHS? Miller is a hero here at Spartanburg- we appreciated everything hes done for Spartan High, he never had that appreciation at Byrnes so why would he want it now? When Byrnes is back to missing the playoffs and its clear Bentleys not gonna return?

This is the house Bill Carr built, Doc Davis took to glory and Chris Miller returned to glory- but I'll be the first to say Miller's job isn't over yet. This is Miller's Viking Ship, and Miller has a few titles left in him, his defense is better than ever and nobody's gonna ask when is Bentley coming back.
Miller is making 15k more than he ever made at Byrnes. As a retiree Miller will get 51% of his salary every year for life so retiring at SHS will pay Miller literally for the rest of his life. Miller has a better job at SHS, period. If Miller goes to Byrnes he's back to a 3A stadium, he'll have to ask D5 for a stadium that fans declined by a 2 to 1 margin and you think D5 can keep up with our salary offer? Maybe y'all will try and pay Miller like y'all paid Bobby when Miller was the one winning titles for Byrnes.

If Miller goes back to Byrnes he'll have less talent, less support and aging facilities. At Spartanburg he's got his talent, your players transfer to our program, we get a brand new school and stadium and we pay Miller more. Miller is at a school that wins titles once again because of his work, where he gets the credit for his work and hes gonna go back to a school that can't win a title without him and now wants him back?

Byrnes didn't make the playoffs and Miller's Vikings are playing tomorrow night. Miller going to Byrnes isnt even logical.

Also Sparty told this board for years that Miller would go home to SHS and win a title. Byrnes fans disagreed and have been proven wrong. In 2013 I posted that in the next five years Byrnes would have a losing season in the next five years and not win a title for at least five years. Byrnes was a much more lucrative job in 2012, separated from a title by a single season than it is now- you picked Bentley and then he left. Picking Bentley again was the mistake, not hiring Lane. The time to move in a different direction was 2012 as it stands now you have to keep hiring from essentially a shrinking pool of Bentley assistants.


EXCELLENTLY SPOKEN!!!!!!!!! SO TRUE
Pride and Tradition
Freshman
 
Posts: 235
Joined: Fri Sep 11, 2015 8:55 am

Re: Hope you're happy Byrnes fans!

by Blue&Gold#1 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 10:45 am

I hate that this turned into a Spartanburg vs Byrnes thread.

I do however have to question, what problems are going on at Spartanburg? I understand you may not want to post them on here so I will check my PM if you care to tell me.
Blue&Gold#1
JV
 
Posts: 344
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:11 am

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests