5A Contenders

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: 5A Contenders

Postby 1CANNON » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:42 pm

mikey wrote:
STChamp 92 wrote:
mikey wrote:Looks about right. .have to see how this Gaffney run game pans out..can we block for it against a strong D ?.the passing game is there I believe...back end of the D ( sophomores ) have looked solid..they will hit in the secondary..the Decker kid. DE....Hunter is name..what's up with all them kids named Hunter these days?..as a unit they have the potential to be very good...for a while :o ...well see.... ;)

I love those 10th grade Db's man... that's going to take us a long way for the next 2 years, we've had issues with coverage for a while, that's one of the biggest gifts we've finally gotten back, plus linebacker play, I feel like Jayden Clayton is the best linebacker we've had since JB .. imo.. we always have dl and de's but the lb and secondary is like "look, we finally got some"
special team play has also been an asset instead of a liability...Ardell Fuller might have been the last Indian to hit a 40 yd FG..I remember him kicking it from about 47 and 52 to win it at NW but a flag of no reason came out after the fact on both plays..He eventually missed giving the Trogans the win...he hit the top of that building from 47 if my memory serves...and that ain't no given.. :|

EyE cOnKuR
With both of you Injuns 8-)

DE #42-Hunter Decker is for real.
Mikey,, there is another Hunter, OLB #16 Hunter Wolfe.
Don't forget about OLB #8 Burris
All are head busters
YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH!
1CANNON
All-American

Postby tomahawk97 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:02 am

SilverFoxx_Maniac wrote:Upperstate:
NW
Westside
Gaffney
Boiling Springs
Spartanburg

Lowerstate:
DF
FD
Blythewood
Sumter
Summerville

This looks like the proper order only changes I would make is going with NW Boiling Springs Gaffney and Spartanburg and Westside cause there schedule been weak and then add Greenwood. This is all irrelevant right now cause all the teams in the upstate will have a chance to settle this on the field against each other.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby TrojanMan`10 » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:36 am

I think we can revisit this now. My new 5A top 5

1.DF
2.NW
3.Fort D
4.BS
5.Sparty

Who ya got?
WE ARE THE MEN OF TROY