Clover losing players

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Clover losing players

Postby hamp1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 10:09 am

My scorce and also from social media the word is Clover is losing 3 to 4 starters to Hunter Huss. My understanding is that the clover coaching staff isn’t coaching the players up, not helping to get kids in college and as of last night basketball is over and they only have 1 conference win between football and basketball.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Re: Clover losing players

Postby OnionRings » Wed Feb 06, 2019 12:18 pm

ought to even out because they got 3 starters from York, and including the qb that's 4 total
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby clovereaglefan » Wed Feb 06, 2019 1:10 pm

your source? :lol:
"Don't think you are....Know you are"
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby OnionRings » Wed Feb 06, 2019 2:34 pm

they enrolled at Clover after Christmas break
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby Beanie » Wed Feb 06, 2019 3:42 pm

I'm beginning to think Mr. Hamp doesnt like Brian Lane or his coaching staff. Not sure what gives me that impression, but I am starting to think that.

Anyone else?
Beanie
Freshman

Postby Colbyc36 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 4:14 pm

I am with you Bean Dog.
Colbyc36
All-American

Postby OLDFART51 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:43 pm

[quote=“Beanie”]I’m beginning to think Mr. Hamp doesnt like Brian Lane or his coaching staff. Not sure what gives me that impression, but I am starting to think that.

Anyone else?[/quote]

I have lived with Brian Lane as coach for more years than I could stand at another one of his stops. He should have won at least two state championships his first four years with the players he had but won none. The last two years he had losing records, Funny thing Byrnes hired him and thought he would take them back to the glory years. Now Clover hired him and thinks the same thing.
Defense is the name of the game, no matter what game is played. If the opposition doesn't score you can't lose.
OLDFART51
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Wed Feb 06, 2019 8:33 pm

Proof is in the pudding, He’s lost 2 starters to Hunter Huss. They signed 11 kids today Clover signed 1. These kids and parents are starting to see the BS behind the hold system. 11 kids showed up for baseball try outs and basketball had a winless conference season. The entire athletic program is failing due to good old boys club. They want have but 1 conference win between football, basketball and baseball, that’s just shameful. The proof is in the stats and records. That QB will be better off leaving Clover because he want have any receivers to throw to this season.
hamp1234
JV

Postby OnionRings » Thu Feb 07, 2019 10:06 am

Hamp it's pretty obvious you don't like Lane, we get it

You post a lot about the good ole boy system being a problem in Clover, But Lane is not a part of that system to my knowledge. (not from there, never coached or taught there)

to me the good ole boy system is promoting people that already work at the school and may not be qualified, or hiring relatives of powerful community leaders (Lane is neither)

As for 1 signing, Clover has never been a consistent hot bed of football talent. Was Smith getting a lot of players signed?

11 players at baseball tryouts is a baseball/athletic director issue, not on Lane. Also, no region wins in basketball, athletic issue, not Lane. FYI as the largest school in the region by a long shot, Clover should at least be competitive in all sports

And lastly the QB cannot transfer, one legit move is all you get

To me the football team was better this year than in any of the Smith years, and y'all gave him 5-6 years? Lane has coached 1 season

If your point is that Clover athletics need to get it together, agree, no question, but bashing Lane constantly will not get that done.
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Thu Feb 07, 2019 6:31 pm

Onion ring, not bashing just lane, his problems of not winning but one conference game would be on him some what, but not being able to pick your own coaching staff in my opinion hurts him due to he has serveral that are under minding and stabbing him in that back, which is run by the good old boys, but they act like they love him and kiss his butt so they can report info back to the boys. Now the Ad which is also the basketball coach had no conference wins this season, and he’s part of the good old boys system and doesn’t what football to make playoffs because that cuts in on his basketball and he didn’t want lane nor does he like lane. Which the Ad was one of the worst mistakes the good old boys have ever made and the kids are the ones suffering for their downfalls. Smith had gotten the program headed in the direction it needed to be not saying he was the answer thou, remember the football program couldn’t get any worse when he took over. Now for the baseball coach the good old boys run the prior coach off so they could more this kin folk into the head coach position, and that program has gone down hill from there. Softball which clover is known for is having to pull from middle school due to not enough kids coming up. The point is the good old boys plans are failing the kids.
hamp1234
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A