The Greenwood Tradition is being DESTROYED!!!

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: The Greenwood Tradition is being DESTROYED!!!

Postby eagle93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 8:32 am

[quote=“region2”]Don’t know much about the coach’s style at Greenwood, but he was fairly successful before he got to Greenwood. Could it be that Greenwood is just going through one of those cycles where the talent just isn’t there like it used to be? Considering the talent on hand down the street at Emerald (and it boggles the mind as to how they have lost so many games) one would think Greenwood would have it’s share also, but you never know.[/quote]

There is no lack of talent in Greenwood. Ever! If you know the town you know this. The best talent isn't even playing at Greenwood. They've said they don't like the coach. I like him personally, but I also like to see my school be successful. There are neighborhoods that you can just pull kids from that neighborhood only and be very successful. Look at the middle school records. All very successful. Even the Greenwood JV goes undefeated. Success at North Augusta doesn't equate to success at Greenwood. Different opponents played etc. And what happened every time they met Greenwood in the playoffs?
eagle93
All-American

Postby JaySmoove » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:07 am

There's no excuse for this type of loss I don't care who the opponent is! No excuse! Pippin needs to be fired!
2006 Class 4A D2 Champs
JaySmoove
Freshman

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:25 am

52 to 0 is a disgrace to the Greenwood program. Pinky Babb would be highly upset with this.

Win or Loss.....Coach Cathcart would definitely made it a competitive game for sure.
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Postby DHSCavsFan » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:31 am

[quote=“StateChampsGHS”]52 to 0 is a disgrace to the Greenwood program. Pinky Babb would be highly upset with this.

Win or Loss.....Coach Cathcart would definitely made it a competitive game for sure.[/quote]

The guys on Dorman's radio was kind of making fun of how bad Greenwood was. I never thought that Greenwood could field a team that bad. Also remember this is a very good Dorman team.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby eagle93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:10 am

[quote=“DHSCavsFan”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]52 to 0 is a disgrace to the Greenwood program. Pinky Babb would be highly upset with this.

Win or Loss.....Coach Cathcart would definitely made it a competitive game for sure.[/quote]

The guys on Dorman’s radio was kind of making fun of how bad Greenwood was. I never thought that Greenwood could field a team that bad. Also remember this is a very good Dorman team.[/quote]

Thank you for telling the truth. See, if anyone knows how Greenwood usually is it's Dorman folks. We were always a tough out win or lose. We at least competed. We aren't back to Martin days exactly, but we're right behind it.
eagle93
All-American

Postby 3-3 Stack » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:13 am

[quote=“eagle93”][quote=“region2”]Don’t know much about the coach’s style at Greenwood, but he was fairly successful before he got to Greenwood. Could it be that Greenwood is just going through one of those cycles where the talent just isn’t there like it used to be? Considering the talent on hand down the street at Emerald (and it boggles the mind as to how they have lost so many games) one would think Greenwood would have it’s share also, but you never know.[/quote]

There is no lack of talent in Greenwood. Ever! If you know the town you know this. The best talent isn’t even playing at Greenwood. They’ve said they don’t like the coach. I like him personally, but I also like to see my school be successful. There are neighborhoods that you can just pull kids from that neighborhood only and be very successful. Look at the middle school records. All very successful. Even the Greenwood JV goes undefeated. Success at North Augusta doesn’t equate to success at Greenwood. Different opponents played etc. And what happened every time they met Greenwood in the playoffs?[/quote]
Thanks for acknowledging that:
1. Your talent level is down.
2. Your "athletes" are a bunch of spoiled crybabies.
3. That the parents of said "athletes" don't have a clue how to parent.
Now the athletes I'm talking about are those quitters that aren't playing because they "don't like" the coach. Did he hurt their feelings? Did he not provide safe spaces for their fragile egos? I am sick of the me, me, me attitude in high school athletes today. Guess what? I wouldn't want those losers on my team.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:38 am

The answer to the problem is hire a championship coach from Georgia, North Carolina or Florida and pay him the money.

Look how TL Hanna and Dutch Fork turned around after making the right move.
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Postby eagle93 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:00 am

[quote=“3-3 Stack”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“region2”]Don’t know much about the coach’s style at Greenwood, but he was fairly successful before he got to Greenwood. Could it be that Greenwood is just going through one of those cycles where the talent just isn’t there like it used to be? Considering the talent on hand down the street at Emerald (and it boggles the mind as to how they have lost so many games) one would think Greenwood would have it’s share also, but you never know.[/quote]

There is no lack of talent in Greenwood. Ever! If you know the town you know this. The best talent isn’t even playing at Greenwood. They’ve said they don’t like the coach. I like him personally, but I also like to see my school be successful. There are neighborhoods that you can just pull kids from that neighborhood only and be very successful. Look at the middle school records. All very successful. Even the Greenwood JV goes undefeated. Success at North Augusta doesn’t equate to success at Greenwood. Different opponents played etc. And what happened every time they met Greenwood in the playoffs?[/quote]
Thanks for acknowledging that:
1. Your talent level is down.
2. Your “athletes” are a bunch of spoiled crybabies.
3. That the parents of said “athletes” don’t have a clue how to parent.
Now the athletes I’m talking about are those quitters that aren’t playing because they “don’t like” the coach. Did he hurt their feelings? Did he not provide safe spaces for their fragile egos? I am sick of the me, me, me attitude in high school athletes today. Guess what? I wouldn’t want those losers on my team.[/quote]

Good for you. The previous leadership did a good job retaining these players and they are good kids. Either way you look at it, it starts with leadership. And 52-0 is below standards. I'm sure it is for whomever your team is also.
eagle93
All-American

Postby Manigo*ERA » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:19 am

So far under the Pippin regime.......

losing to multiple teams that haven't beat us in 10/15 years.

missing the playoffs

finishing the season with a losing record

no region titles

no state titles

no state title appearances

In other words......HE GOTS TO GO! Nice dude I'm sure but changes need to be made. The tradition has already been ruined I'm afraid. Gotta start from the bottom and earn it all back with a new coach.
Introducing the 99,00,06,and 2012 Class 4A Division II State Champions ..........Ladies and Gentlemen ......THE GREENWOOD EAGLES !
Manigo*ERA
Freshman

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:36 pm

[quote=“Manigo*ERA”]So far under the Pippin regime.......

losing to multiple teams that haven’t beat us in 10/15 years.

missing the playoffs

finishing the season with a losing record

no region titles

no state titles

no state title appearances

In other words......HE GOTS TO GO! Nice dude I’m sure but changes need to be made. The tradition has already been ruined I’m afraid. Gotta start from the bottom and earn it all back with a new coach.[/quote]

I agree!
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A