Future is bright as a brunt out light bulb

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Future is bright as a brunt out light bulb

Postby hamp1234 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 3:56 pm

All these parents and school administrators thanking Lane for a great season. What did he improve that had not already been improved and achieved by Smith, NOTHING. If not mistaken, Pickens made playoffs last year and Clover didn’t, and Pickens made playoffs again this year, and with a long shot could end up playing York in second round. Would that be something? Clover can’t get out of their own way to win.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Re: Future is bright as a brunt out light bulb

Postby NuclearCav90 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:22 pm

With fans like this, who needs a rival?
NuclearCav90
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 2:21 pm

You sit back and watched, cheer, and supported for years and nothing changes. All the games have been poorly coached. It’s as simple as that. For the amount of money, we pay for his services he’s not holding up his end. The administrators made the wrong choice and now the players and fans are paying the price. No way in HELL do we have any business just beating 4A York by 5points and almost lost that game and really should have, losing to 3A Hunter Huss in OT, only beating 2A South Point (Belmont) by 9 points, and if it wasn’t for the defense not sure they would have won those games. Clover will NEVER, and I will repeat it, NEVER be competitive in their region in the 5A class. The only 5A team Clover beat was 1-9 Fort Mill and the only game Fort Mill won this year was against 0-10 5A Lugoff-Elgin. This program has been in bad shape due them basically running Turner off and them not being able to hire a competitive Coach to take his place. Devine was a good choice but never had a chance due to the administration nor did the public ever get behind him from the start and then the broomstick deal sealed his doom. Smith was young and had a learning curve but had gotten the program headed back in the direction it needed to be, but again the administration had other ideas and basically showed him the door. Yes, I am tired of not winning games in our class, and not making at least first round playoffs with a chance to make the second round. It’s a shame year after year to have to go watch other teams play after the regular season. Clover does not have the athletes to run the spread year after year and it’s going to bite them hard before its over.
In Football, Basketball and Baseball Clover only won a total of 3 region games last year, now that says something about the Coaching staff across the board.

the truth hurts, but the truth is in the pudding
hamp1234
JV

Postby Colbyc36 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:01 pm

C’mon Hamp. Really?
I mean...I feel what you are saying, but your enthusiasm borders on rabid. Lane isn’t known for discipline. Look at it like this...if y’all suck as bad as you say....the sky is the limit, right? Nothing but upwards! A good time for rejoice!
Don’t go to a game with Panty Hose on your head. Relax big guy.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:56 pm

The only sports they are good at is softball and soccer and that’s because they have good coaches coaching those teams, I just am not a fan of soccer but do go watch softball some. It’s nice to go to a game and think you have a chance to win.
hamp1234
JV

Postby Colbyc36 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:11 pm

You startin’ to give us a peek at your hand. Is it “They”...or “We”?
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby hamp1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 9:25 am

Starting to be they not going to waste my money nor time going to games when you know they are going to lose before the game is played. To many other good teams around to go watch and support that will win or have a chance to win.
hamp1234
JV

Postby clovereaglefan » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:30 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Starting to be they not going to waste my money nor time going to games when you know they are going to lose before the game is played. To many other good teams around to go watch and support that will win or have a chance to win.[/quote]

Stop talking about it and do us all a favor. Please. This dude has never been a "we" , always a "they"
"Don't think you are....Know you are"
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 1:59 pm

You one to jump in look back a few years in your post and how was complaining also, at least I complain all the time you jump on and off the train when things are fair and bad, I only stop complaining when they good to great which isn’t happen in about 8 years I beleive. The Turner year was the last good to great coach and coaching staff Clover had. But again the administration didn’t like people in the community knew him and liked him and talked to him and hated them so the helped him out the door.
hamp1234
JV

Return to Class 5A