What's the skinny on Boiling Springs?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: What's the skinny on Boiling Springs?

Postby daCoacher » Mon Oct 29, 2018 7:32 pm

[quote=“NuclearCav90”]Maybe so, but Boiling Springs is not the greatest coached team out there either. I lean towards the Trojans at District 3. Of course I realize I am responding to a T.[/quote]

Please humor me. NW will not beat BS I do not think. The difference is the NW coach cant get out of his own way, while the BS coach stays out of the way of his folks.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby DHSCavsFan » Tue Oct 30, 2018 8:45 am

Couple of things

First, I agree with the Gaffney fan, BS has been known for dirty play for the last 3 or 4 years. Ask any coach from Dorman, Byrnes, Spartanburg or Gaffney.

Second, Northwestern has team speed over Boiling Springs, Boiling Springs will lose the game. Just think Dorman, Gaffney, and Byrnes all had their games against BS won before halftime.

One more thing, it looks like Tate might retire after the year is over. I know he is thinking about it. So, Spartanburg and Boiling Springs could both have openings from coaches retiring. I think Gutshall will retire in 2 years. And if Gaffney wins it all this year their coach could very well retire. Lots of coaching turn over, and the thing of it all, it will be hard to replace those coaches now. The upstate no longer are the better paid coaching jobs. That goes to the Columbia and Anderson area schools.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby PurpleandOrange » Tue Oct 30, 2018 10:10 am

What does BS have on the defensive line?
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby Beanie » Wed Oct 31, 2018 9:14 am

[quote=“Coach125”]BS is the worst when it comes to playing dirty or fighting. Those rich kids are so entitled they can’t accept that they are not as good as thier parents tell them they are. That goes for all of BS sports...not just football. I have watched it for many years. Coaching and discipline could change that but........[/quote]

But they ran Bruce Clark out of town because he had the nerve to try to bring a little discipline. Community didn’t like that.
Beanie
Freshman

Postby Colbyc36 » Wed Oct 31, 2018 3:03 pm

As long as they keep OWNING Spartanburg...I am cool with them...ain't that right Byrd????

OWNING!
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby Trojan//magnum/xl » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:34 am

[quote=“daCoacher”]NW cannot beat Boiling Springs. NW is a poorly coached joke.[/quote]
Lol really?????
Trojan//magnum/xl
Freshman

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 12:44 am

Well we got the win. Too many penalties and no run stopping ability. Jamario showed why if he had decent coaching and a quarterback that's consistent why he'd be the best player in the state. Anyway I will take the win over a loss. Oh yeah coaches you guys need to be better, it's late in the season.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby daCoacher » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:20 am

Oh well- I missed one. Still very poorly coached team!.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:08 pm

Anyone have the stats from last night's game. I think Jamario had five touchdowns.
Trojanlatex
JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A