What's the skinny on Boiling Springs?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

What's the skinny on Boiling Springs?

Postby Trojanlatex » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Don't know much about them, they usually are pretty big up front on both sides of the ball. What should I expect to see from this squad on Thursday night? Been a while since these two locked horns.
Still trying to figure out what is it Northwestern is trying to accomplish on offense. We played one quarter of football against Rock Hill. In a 48 minute game, we wait until about 10 minutes left to seem as if we wanted to score.
Went into up tempo scored 21 points in about 5 minutes and had Rock Hill defense on their heels. They did what was needed to win and deserved it, but our coaching a clock management need to improve drastically.
Anyway looking forward to a good game against Boiling Springs Thursday.
Trojanlatex
JV

Re: What's the skinny on Boiling Springs?

Postby NuclearCav90 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:03 am

1) they are a tough scrappy team and they will fight you to the end. They are definitely capable of upsets.
2) but they are not lacking for ego...think they are a lot better than they actually are
3) they are prone to personal fouls/ dirty play wihen things don’t go their way

So they are a team you have to be ready for, but they are definitely beatable especially if you can frustrate them early
NuclearCav90
JV

Postby mikey » Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:21 am

[quote=“NuclearCav90”]1) they are a tough scrappy team and they will fight you to the end. They are definitely capable of upsets.
2) but they are not lacking for ego...think they are a lot better than they actually are
3) they are prone to personal fouls/ dirty play wihen things don’t go their way

So they are a team you have to be ready for, but they are definitely beatable especially if you can frustrate them early[/quote]

Yep...pretty much sums em up...
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby Trojanlatex » Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:52 am

Okay thanks for the tid bits. I didn't realize Gaffney was 9-1. I'm pretty sure you guys are jacked about that. Think Gaffney have what it takes to grab another title? I know during the playoffs Gaffney is always a threat no matter what their regular season record. Good luck going forward.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby WarPaint74 » Sun Oct 28, 2018 12:28 pm

I agree with NuclearCav90 and Mikey except I would have listed in a different order.

#1) they are prone to personal fouls/ dirty play when things don’t go their way.
ref.http://forum.palmettofootballtalk.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=135021

2) they are not lacking for ego...think they are a lot better than they actually are.

3) they are a tough scrappy team and they will fight you to the end. They are definitely capable of upsets.
So they are a team you have to be ready for, but they are definitely beatable especially if you can frustrate them early.

Trojanlatex asked: “Think Gaffney have what it takes to grab another title?”

magic-8-ball.jpg
magic-8-ball.jpg (13.09 KiB) Viewed 1247 times
GAFFNEY INDIANS 2018 time state champions
“Hoka hey, it’s a good day to die!”
WarPaint74
All-American

Postby daCoacher » Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:38 pm

NW cannot beat Boiling Springs. NW is a poorly coached joke.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby NuclearCav90 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:49 am

Maybe so, but Boiling Springs is not the greatest coached team out there either. I lean towards the Trojans at District 3. Of course I realize I am responding to a T.
NuclearCav90
JV

Postby BSRedZone » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:15 pm

It’s really comical when a Gaffney fan tries to say that BS is prone to dirty play. Wow...if that’s not the pot calling the kettle black!

Every team in the Upstate knows that Gaffney is the dirtiest team around, and has been for decades. No doubt they are talented...they have extreme athleticism, but they practically get away with murder in every game. The refs know if they call every personal foul against Gaffney, they’ll be there ’til 2:00 am.

About the “skinny” on BS -- there’s a lot of talent on the team, but the team has struggled with consistency. You might get beat by 20 or 30 (they have the talent to do so), or you might beat them by 40...it really just depends on which team shows up.

They have been hampered by injury...losing a top WR, another WR who was the backup QB, and a LB, for the year; and this past week, 4 DL’s were out against Byrnes. If at least 2 of the 4 D. Linemen are able to return next week, the defense will be a lot better.
BSRedZone
Freshman

Postby mikey » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:08 pm

[quote=“BSRedZone”]It’s really comical when a Gaffney fan tries to say that BS is prone to dirty play. Wow...if that’s not the pot calling the kettle black!

Every team in the Upstate knows that Gaffney is the dirtiest team around, and has been for decades. No doubt they are talented...they have extreme athleticism, but they practically get away with murder in every game. The refs know if they call every personal foul against Gaffney, they’ll be there ’til 2:00 am.

About the “skinny” on BS -- there’s a lot of talent on the team, but the team has struggled with consistency. You might get beat by 20 or 30 (they have the talent to do so), or you might beat them by 40...it really just depends on which team shows up.

They have been hampered by injury...losing a top WR, another WR who was the backup QB, and a LB, for the year; and this past week, 4 DL’s were out against Byrnes. If at least 2 of the 4 D. Linemen are able to return next week, the defense will be a lot better.[/quote]

Nah....Gaffney just knocks the hell outta ya so hard ...u just think it should be a personal foul..
" the only easy day, was yesterday "
mikey
All-American

Postby Coach125 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 6:34 pm

BS is the worst when it comes to playing dirty or fighting. Those rich kids are so entitled they can't accept that they are not as good as thier parents tell them they are. That goes for all of BS sports...not just football. I have watched it for many years. Coaching and discipline could change that but........
Coach125
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A