How could Clover make playoffs

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: How could Clover make playoffs

Postby DHSCavsFan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:39 am

[quote=“hamp1234”]No none have quality wins. Clover should not think that win last night was one either, Fort Mill held them in first quarter, they fumbled 4 or 5 times one player ejected in first quarter, and only was up by 6pts at half time. Not a very well play first half, if they were playing a good team they would’ve been in trouble. This at large spot is Bull in my opinion. Clover doesn’t deserve it. Not seen Hillcrest play so can’t say but by schedule I would say no also.[/quote]
Spartanburg is claiming that Nations Ford as Quality win, but it is not.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby clovereaglefan » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:45 am

Still got the win and it just eats at you D/A
"Don't think you are....Know you are"
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:33 am

DHSCavsFan In my opinion Nation Ford isn’t a win to hang your hat on either. Rock Hill depending on who they will be playing may make second round but that’s it, Northwestern and Nafo will be out in first round.

Clovereaglefan 1 region win give me a break, brag when you have something to brag about, one of Clover’s pop warner teams could have beat Fort Mill this year. If they had been playing anybody other than Fort Mill those fumble’s would have cost them the game.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 11:45 am

Clovereaglefan willing to go out on a limb and say that between Football, Basketball and Baseball Clover will not have more than 6 region wins in these 3 sports. Remember last school year they only had 3 that’s just plain shameful. So you keep hanging your hat on these losing Good ole boy coaches and kin. These kids are getting no justice when it comes to hiring coaches and AD’s.
hamp1234
JV

Postby region2 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 12:48 pm

And in the end it really doesn't matter. No matter who gets in, they merely become a practice sacrifice for a No 1 seed. I guess more football is better. I know they want the extra gate, and I suppose it gives even a lot of sorry teams a way to brag that they are a "playoff" team. But to the extent that the playoffs has expanded is a joke. Yea, you get a one off every so often to make it a bit more interesting, but mostly isnt a nice ending
region2
All-American

Postby hamp1234 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:10 pm

Hillcrest wins 6 to 4 in a very sorry game by my understanding
hamp1234
JV

Postby king of the 16 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 8:02 am

It’s just sad what they’ve done with the playoffs to appease the schools that just aren’t very good. A 9-1 Gaffney team travels to play at a team that is 5-5. The playoffs should be about who the best teams are and this setup for sure doesn’t do that. I personally liked the cross bracketing but that made for long rides for really bad teams that shouldn’t have been in the playoffs to start with in the first round. I guess just beat the teams you play but this for sure is a bad setup.
king of the 16
JV

Postby spudd72 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 2:42 pm

So let’s look at this.
Won vs York 4A
Won vs Forestview 3A
Lost vs Huss 3A
Won vs South Point NC 2A
Won vs Ashbrook 3A
Lost vs Irmo 5A
Lost vs NAFO 5A
Lost vs Northwestern 5A
Lost vs Rock Hill 5A
Won vs Fort Mill 5A

Clover is 1-0 vs 2A...........2-1 vs 3A..........1-0 vs 4A....and 1-4 vs 5A....that’s terrible. I don’t want to hear the excuses that they were in every game, at the kickoff, everyone is in the game. The bottom line is, they can’t win the 5A conference games needed to be in the playoffs. What a joke
spudd72
Freshman

Postby Colbyc36 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 pm

WTF? Why all the belly aching about Clover?.
Last edited by Colbyc36 on Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby bbrown1240 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:32 pm

It’s going to be hard to leave Spring Valley out of this conversation. The Chapin/Spring Valley game should play a factor. Spring Valley is more likely than not taking one of those at large spots. Absolute best resume and record for an at large spot. Which at large spot they take is the question. Clover should be big Spring Valley fans this coming week. A SV win would put them at 7-3 probably putting them in the lower state. A Chapin win would put them at 5-5 and probably a better resume than other teams in regions 6, 7, and 8. It may be thought about to put Chapin in the lower state, leaving Spring Valley (theoretically a region runner up) probably taking that upper state at large spot. Just something to think about.
bbrown1240
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A