Teams TO Take Notice of

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Teams TO Take Notice of

Postby Justin54 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:26 am

Oh and if any team gets the big head and thinks they can just show up then they should avoid west Florence yes I said it west Florence can sneak up in somebody
Justin54
Freshman

Postby All We Do Is Win » Thu Oct 25, 2018 8:06 am

[quote=“Justin54”]Oh and if any team gets the big head and thinks they can just show up then they should avoid west Florence yes I said it west Florence can sneak up in somebody[/quote]

Nah WF is an average too whose played water down competition to get the record looking good. There sole lost is to 3A Camden
We are the Best. We are Dillon. Strive for Five
All We Do Is Win
Varsity

Postby 3-3 Stack » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:57 pm

[quote=“mikey”]Sumter......quietly unbeaten ...[/quote]
And whipped Spring Valley pretty easily.
3-3 Stack
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Thu Oct 25, 2018 6:00 pm

[quote=“Justin54”]Oh and if any team gets the big head and thinks they can just show up then they should avoid west Florence yes I said it west Florence can sneak up in somebody[/quote]

They go as their RB goes. If you stack the box and limit their offensive possession they won’t stand a chance. They give up too many points on defense there is no way they stay on the field with Elite teams.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Justin54 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:22 am

I agree that elite teams would beat them but I'm saying if first round a team looks and see west Florence they probably saying oh we got this and that's the wrong mentality if a team gets off the bus thinking like that then a team like west Florence can sneak up and beat them but they won't go far
Justin54
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Fri Oct 26, 2018 1:09 pm

[quote=“Justin54”]I agree that elite teams would beat them but I’m saying if first round a team looks and see west Florence they probably saying oh we got this and that’s the wrong mentality if a team gets off the bus thinking like that then a team like west Florence can sneak up and beat them but they won’t go far[/quote]

Why would a first round team overlook them? They will be a #1 seed and will have home field advantage taking on a #4 seed. I don’t think anyone will overlook them. I don’t think they are a strong team they have a couple players but I highly doubt they make it far at all.
silverfox92
JV

Postby bbrown1240 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 4:50 pm

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Justin54”]I agree that elite teams would beat them but I’m saying if first round a team looks and see west Florence they probably saying oh we got this and that’s the wrong mentality if a team gets off the bus thinking like that then a team like west Florence can sneak up and beat them but they won’t go far[/quote]

Why would a first round team overlook them? They will be a #1 seed and will have home field advantage taking on a #4 seed. I don’t think anyone will overlook them. I don’t think they are a strong team they have a couple players but I highly doubt they make it far at all.[/quote]

Probably looking at Spring Valley if WF secures a 1 seed. That game would probably be a barn burner as Spring Valley has issues stopping the run.
bbrown1240
JV

Postby bbrown1240 » Sat Oct 27, 2018 5:12 pm

[quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“mikey”]Sumter......quietly unbeaten ...[/quote]

Opponents may have something to do with that record.

Sumter’s opp record is 32-42. In comparison, Byrnes is 46-42, Dorman 39-49 and Gaffney 44-47.[/quote]

Felt like I had to respond to this because Sumter has earned every bit of their record.

1. Quality wins: Rock Hill, Blythewood, Spring Valley, Irmo
2. Beat 2 region champions and possibly a 3rd depending on what happens this Friday with Conway and WF.
3. Last time the Sumter defense allowed two touchdowns in a game...Game 2 vs Crestwood.
4. Game against Northwestern cancelled and will not be made up. Byrnes, Gaffney, and Dorman all played 10 games.
5. Sumter plays whoever is willing to play them. We had to schedule Bluffton this year to fill our schedule. Would have been nice to schedule a Byrnes, Gaffney, or Dorman in place of Bluffton.
bbrown1240
JV

Postby tomahawk97 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:07 am

[quote=“bbrown1240”][quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“mikey”]Sumter......quietly unbeaten ...[/quote]

Sumter’s opp record is 32-42. In comparison, Byrnes is 46-42, Dorman 39-49 and Gaffney 44-47.[/quote]

Felt like I had to respond to this because Sumter has earned every bit of their record.

2. Beat 2 region champions and possibly a 3rd depending on what happens this Friday with Conway and WF.
3. Last time the Sumter defense allowed two touchdowns in a game...Game 2 vs Crestwood.
4. Game against Northwestern cancelled and will not be made up. Byrnes, Gaffney, and Dorman all played 10 games.
5. Sumter plays whoever is willing to play them. We had to schedule Bluffton this year to fill our schedule. Would have been nice to schedule a Byrnes, Gaffney, or Dorman in place of Bluffton.[/quote] I would like to see my Indians schedule you guys we should have a open either week 0 or week 3 because I dont see us playing Harding out of Charlotte again next year.
tomahawk97
JV

Postby tomahawk97 » Mon Oct 29, 2018 1:11 am

[quote=“tomahawk97”][quote=“bbrown1240”][quote=“thedoctor”][quote=“mikey”]Sumter......quietly unbeaten ...[/quote]

5. Sumter plays whoever is willing to play them. We had to schedule Bluffton this year to fill our schedule. Would have been nice to schedule a Byrnes, Gaffney, or Dorman in place of Bluffton.[/quote] I would like to see my Indians schedule you guys we should have a open either week 0 or week 3 because I dont see us playing Harding out of Charlotte again next year.[/quote] But you could also get your wish this year by seeing 3 region 2 teams in back to back weeks with Hillcrest or Mauldin whoever gets the at large bid, Byrnes and if you get by them Gaffney
tomahawk97
JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A