Mauldin

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Mauldin

Postby oli3 » Mon Oct 22, 2018 12:37 pm

Or, perhaps more likely, Mauldin is ahead by 7 nearing the end of the third quarter, and scores a touchdown..... and THEY pull their kicker to go for two points and the 15 point margin!
oli3
JV

Postby DHSCavsFan » Mon Oct 22, 2018 1:11 pm

[quote=“oli3”]Or, perhaps more likely, Mauldin is ahead by 7 nearing the end of the third quarter, and scores a touchdown..... and THEY pull their kicker to go for two points and the 15 point margin![/quote]

14 points is enough for Mauldin. That would tie Spartanburg at +14, Mauldin beat the Vikings, so Mauldin gets the 5th spot.
DHSCavsFan
Varsity

Postby silverfox92 » Tue Oct 23, 2018 11:14 am

[quote=“NuclearCav90”]It looks like the Mauldin-Hillcrest game will be for a playoff spot. The winner will be the 5th seed in Region 2, and they will face TL Hanna in the first round. The loser likely misses the playoffs. I think Mauldin’s defense is the difference. And while I don’t think they can beat Hanna, that defense will allow them to keep Hanna from running away from them...they held Dorman to 22 and Gaffney to 27. And don’t give me any BS about Hanna being better than Dorman or Gaffney. Right now, just as I predicted earlier, Dorman and Gaffney are the best teams in the upstate and will meet for the upper state title, with only Byrnes perhaps having a chance to stop this from happening.

Hanna will likely play Northwestern or Boiling Springs in the second round. I think it will end up being NW and the Trojans will take care of Hanna before meeting their fate against Dorman the following week. Hanna is overrated and will bow out early just like last season.[/quote]

Not sure if you are unaware but Sumter is in the Upstate this year. I’m not so sure I would say Dorman or Gaffney are better than them at this point. They have a very stout defense and a potent offense. They would also have home field advantage until the semifinal so I wouldn’t sleep on them.
silverfox92
JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A