Clover's Hee Haw

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Clover's Hee Haw

Postby hamp1234 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:03 pm

Where ole where, was your mind Friday night?
Why did you lose the game alone?
They searched the state over,
And thought they found a good one
But ops, they’ve hired the wrong one again

Hey, Y’all Lane phoned me a-sobbin’ and cryin’ the other night, About what he was going to do. Well being the good ole boy I am I just had to tell him. Don’t worry Coach there’s are a ton of coaching jobs out there, Just no one looking to hire YOU NOW! And Phht! you were gone.

Gloom, despair, and agony on Lane,
Deep, dark depression, If it wasn’t for bad luck, He would have no luck at all
they figured he was great and could coach the pants off a mule
but the proofs on the field when you see the flags flying and hear those whistles blowing,
You know they are moving the ball back once again
But how many times do I have to sing it to you,
Being disciplined and executing is the only way to go.

Who ole Who are they losing to next,
he doesn’t want to be in the nest alone
so we will see him running for his life this Friday
as the Bearcats attack the eagle’s nest.
:lol:
That’s all folks till next time
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Re: Clover's Hee Haw

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 11:14 am

so instead of supporting your team and it's players (who are high school students btw) you take pleasure in their failures because you don't like the coach (who btw has improved your school's team a good bit from what it was)

the coach is not the team. Clover H.S. will be there long after your coach has gone

Fan interest and attendance to games is up from what I hear.

you don't have to personally approve of the coach to support the players and the school
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:22 pm

First where does it say in this post Clover is my team? Secondly I have said in serveral post the players aren’t the ones losing the games. Bad play calling and decision making is costing these kids games. Third you are correct I don’t have to like that idiot and DONT but it’s a shame that Clover findly as some good athletes but no coaching staff.
hamp1234
JV

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:13 pm

You mostly post about Clover so that's where I got the idea that they are your team, and that you are from Clover

if you're not a fan or from there, you are spending a lot of energy thinking about them for whatever reason

as to your second point that it's not just the players losing games but is in fact the coaching, I'm a little confused as to your point

MY point was that you should support the players and your school no matter who the coach is. If you only support them when they have great success, what if they never do like many/most SC high schools?
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby clovereaglefan » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:09 pm

best thing to do is not feed a t roll, I’ve found out that you cannot out t roll a t roll no matter how hard you try.
Last edited by clovereaglefan on Tue Oct 09, 2018 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't think you are....Know you are"
clovereaglefan
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:30 pm

Ok looks to be that your a NEWBEE jumping around from 5A to 4A and trying to get your post count up.
So let’s school you a little, Clover has NEVER really been known for having athletes running the cup over. This year Clover has around 14 what I would call would be GREAT athletes if they were coached correctly. These kids are very undisciplined and mismanaged by the coaching staff. With the correct staff, these kids would be undefeated right now and these games would not have been decided by a few points. They are big and strong on both side’s of the ball but have no clue what to do. The defensive coordinator Pealer has made a big difference with Clover defense over the past few years and has kept them in games they should have been put away early due to offensive mistakes which Lane controls. Fans and parents have also been blaming the officiating crews for causing them to lose the games. Which is total BS!
Lane’s pass teams have been known for being undisciplined and as a few have called Clover this year “Thuggish”. YOU CANT BEAT top 5A team’s like Northwestern, Nation Ford, and Rock Hill which are in their conference by hiring your family and friends, nor can you win with local pop warner coaches, sideline babysitter’s, ex-gamecock players and so forth. These athletes need real coaches to help them improve and be ready for the next level if that’s what they want to achieve or if that’s the only way for them to further their education. Smurfette, pop warner, parking lot man and a few others need to ride the Lane train on down the road.
I will give you an Example, Lane went to Wake Forest Saturday to watch a freshman kicker named Sciba that played from Clover, which by the way scored the only Wake Forest Points in the game against Clemson. Lane had nothing and I mean nothing to do with this kids talent nor his success, neither did any of the other coaches which try to make it look like they did. Heck, they hardly ever practice kickoffs and kick off returns. (Now wonder why someone fumbled Friday night twice, HINT HINT.) This kids parent’s sent him with their own money to every kicking camp they could and traveled across the country on their own time and dime with NO help from any of the school district, touchdown club, booster club, coaching staff or Coach Lane. But they sure like riding this kids coattail. In saying this I think there are a few decent coaches at Clover but Lane is the one with all the say of yea and nay.
Now if you or anyone else want to call beating 3A and 4A NC teams an improvement, then please show me where they improved. Clover has been beating Gaston County since 1997. They Have won 29 out of 40 games I think.
But over the past serval years when Clover gets to conference play, they just can’t seem to finish. Those non-conference games do not matter when it comes down to the bottom line. By what I have seen and heard about the Bearcats Clover will not be able to stay with them, so that leaves having to beat Fort Mill to make playoffs which are having their own problems also. They are no better off than when Smith was Coaching I actually think worst because Smith had gotten it turned around and headed in the right direction. So part of Lane success is him riding Coach Smith’s coattails.
Last edited by hamp1234 on Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
hamp1234
JV

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:31 pm

What's up clovereagle never got your message back
hamp1234
JV

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

lol that's a long post about a team you're not a fan of :D

don't care about post count, just a football fan commenting. Had lost my login for many years and recently found it

according to the sigs, I joined the board 10 minutes before you did on the same day
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby FootballFan4343 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:44 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Ok looks to be that your a NEWBEE jumping around from 5A to 4A and trying to get your post count up.
So let’s school you a little, Clover has NEVER really been known for having athletes running the cup over. This year Clover has around 14 what I would call would be GREAT athletes if they were coached correctly. These kids are very undisciplined and mismanaged by the coaching staff. With the correct staff, these kids would be undefeated right now and these games would not have been decided by a few points. They are big and strong on both side’s of the ball but have no clue what to do. The defensive coordinator Pealer has made a big difference with Clover defense over the past few years and has kept them in games they should have been put away early due to offensive mistakes which Lane controls. Fans and parents have also been blaming the officiating crews for causing them to lose the games. Which is total BS!
Lane’s pass teams have been known for being undisciplined and as a few have called Clover this year “Thuggish”. YOU CANT BEAT top 5A team’s like Northwestern, Nation Ford, and Rock Hill which are in their conference by hiring your family and friends, nor can you win with local pop warner coaches, sideline babysitter’s, ex-gamecock players and so forth. These athletes need real coaches to help them improve and be ready for the next level if that’s what they want to achieve or if that’s the only way for them to further their education. Smurfette, pop warner, parking lot man and a few others need to ride the Lane train on down the road.
I will give you an Example, Lane went to Wake Forest Saturday to watch a freshman kicker named Sciba that played from Clover, which by the way scored the only Wake Forest Points in the game against Clemson. Lane had nothing and I mean nothing to do with this kids talent nor his success, neither did any of the other coaches which try to make it look like they did. Heck, they hardly ever practice kickoffs and kick off returns. (Now wonder why someone fumbled Friday night twice, HINT HINT.) This kids parent’s sent him with their own money to every kicking camp they could and traveled across the country on their own time and dime with NO help from any of the school district, touchdown club, booster club, coaching staff or Coach Lane. But they sure like riding this kids coattail. In saying this I think there are a few decent coaches at Clover but Lane is the one with all the say of yea and nay.
Now if you or anyone else want to call beating 3A and 4A NC teams an improvement, then please show me where they improved. Clover has been beating Gaston County since 1997. They Have won 29 out of 40 games I think.
But over the past serval years when Clover gets to conference play, they just can’t seem to finish. Those non-conference games do not matter when it comes down to the bottom line. By what I have seen and heard about the Bearcats Clover will not be able to stay with them, so that leaves having to beat Fort Mill to make playoffs which are having their own problems also. They are no better off than when Smith was Coaching I actually think worst because Smith had gotten it turned around and headed in the right direction. So part of Lane success is him riding Coach Smith’s coattails.[/quote]

If Clover does not beat Rock Hill on Friday night, they have no chance of the playoffs. Even with a win over Fort Mill, the best they could finish would be 4th in the region (since they have already lost to Nation Ford and Northwestern). Region 3 only gets 4 teams in the playoffs. Clover could attempt for the Upper State "At-Large" berth, however that is highly unlikely since they played a majority out of state schedule and therefore their resume would lack the "big win" needed to get that "At-Large" berth.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

Postby hamp1234 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:24 pm

Read what you wrote
by FootballFan4343 If Clover does not beat Rock Hill on Friday night, they have no chance of the playoffs. Even with a win over Fort Mill, the best they could finish would be 4th in the region (since they have already lost to Nation Ford and Northwestern). Region 3 only gets 4 teams in the playoffs. Clover could attempt for the Upper State “At-Large” berth, however that is highly unlikely since they played a majority out of state schedule and therefore their resume would lack the “big win” needed to get that “At-Large” berth.

You are wrong stating they have no chance but, I agree with you region 3 only gets 4 out of 5 teams in playoffs. Region 3 consists of #1 Nation Ford with 2 wins they in #2 Rock Hill with 1 win they in #3 Northwestern with 1 win they in #4 Clover has none and will lose this week giving Rock Hill 2 wins #5 Fort Mill has none and this is their bye week.
If Clover does not beat Rock Hill, which I do not foresee happening then the winner of the Clover vs Fort Mill game will be in no matter what their non-conference schedule was or record. Win or sit the playoffs out and Clover knows how that feels. Clover has had to either beat Rock Hill or Fort Mill to get in the past 2 years. They got in under Smith in 2016 got beat in the first round by Spartanburg. Fort Mill has improved some if Clover fumbles throw interceptions and have penalty problems and don’t execute s it could turn bad and they could be sitting it out again.
hamp1234
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A