Gaffney will catch lightning in a bottle and beat DF

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Gaffney will catch lightning in a bottle and beat DF

Postby wavefan70s » Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:34 am

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Mania”]Correction to my previous post Sumter is in the upperstate this year. If anything the team that makes it to the finals from the upperstate is going to be battle-tested and that could be Dutch Fork’s only real challenge this season. The lower state appears to be able to provide little-resistance against DF. This all sets everything up to be an upset special for the state 5a finals with upperstate team being the only battle-tested team.[/quote]

To be quite honest other than Berkeley, Summerville, and Ft D the lower state is complete hogwash. There should definitely be balance between teams from all over. I’m not a fan of the two time state champs having an easy road to Willy B. I want to see DF against TLH, Byrnes, Dorman, Gaffney and such. I wish we were like the Indiana HSL and allow the best teams in the state compete for best in the state outright! Imagine a playoff system with Dorman, Greer, Byrnes, Gaffney, South Pointe, Abbeville, and Daniel all in the upstate bracket while DF, Fort D, Berkeley, Summerville, Dillon, Myrtle Beach and Hartsville compete in the lower state. That would be crazy for sure.[/quote]
No one's beating yall.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:37 am

[quote=“wavefan70s”][quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“Mania”]Correction to my previous post Sumter is in the upperstate this year. If anything the team that makes it to the finals from the upperstate is going to be battle-tested and that could be Dutch Fork’s only real challenge this season. The lower state appears to be able to provide little-resistance against DF. This all sets everything up to be an upset special for the state 5a finals with upperstate team being the only battle-tested team.[/quote]

To be quite honest other than Berkeley, Summerville, and Ft D the lower state is complete hogwash. There should definitely be balance between teams from all over. I’m not a fan of the two time state champs having an easy road to Willy B. I want to see DF against TLH, Byrnes, Dorman, Gaffney and such. I wish we were like the Indiana HSL and allow the best teams in the state compete for best in the state outright! Imagine a playoff system with Dorman, Greer, Byrnes, Gaffney, South Pointe, Abbeville, and Daniel all in the upstate bracket while DF, Fort D, Berkeley, Summerville, Dillon, Myrtle Beach and Hartsville compete in the lower state. That would be crazy for sure.[/quote]
No one’s beating yall.[/quote]

Well since Rbm says I’m getting a little too cocky, I’ll stay on the humble side of things and take it one game at a time. Lexington this week and WK the next! Looking forward to the playoffs though, that’s when the gloves comes off :evil:
silverfox92
JV

Postby Mania » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:31 pm

I am hoping Carolina Forest wins out and I get to see Dutch Fork travel and play in my back yard in the 3rd round of the playoffs.
Mania
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:19 pm

[quote=“Mania”]I am hoping Carolina Forest wins out and I get to see Dutch Fork travel and play in my back yard in the 3rd round of the playoffs.[/quote]

Region 6 gets home field advantage this year right? I didn’t know you lived in MB mania. I have a beach house out on the Lakewood Campgrounds.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Mania » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:25 am

I've been in Carolina Forest over a year now. I go out to games when I can mostly at Carolina Forest. I like their atmosphere, but the football seems to be far separated from the rest of the state. The football is getting better and more serious around here though.
Mania
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 12:58 pm

[quote=“Mania”]I’ve been in Carolina Forest over a year now. I go out to games when I can mostly at Carolina Forest. I like their atmosphere, but the football seems to be far separated from the rest of the state. The football is getting better and more serious around here though.[/quote]

Good to know! If the brackets hold true that would be a good matchup! CF reminds me of a better version of RB. Solid running game with a few athletic play makers.
silverfox92
JV

Postby Mania » Tue Oct 09, 2018 11:57 pm

It appears that Berkeley is headed for home field advantage for the lower state playoffs which would mean Fort D may have to travel again to a team that they beat in the regular season in the third round this year. Berkeley may be able to best challenge Dutch Fork in the lower state this season anyway. if the two faced would be in Berkeley provided things play out the way they appear to be doing. I need to keep up as I forgot Berkeley moved up.
Mania
JV

Postby ORabidOne » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:29 pm

They COULD schedule a home and home with the Colquitt County Packers! ;)
ORabidOne
Freshman

Postby ORabidOne » Mon Oct 15, 2018 3:41 pm

[quote=“Mania”]Right now Dutch Fork appears to be a world beater and will continue until someone challenges them. That might not happen until Sumter or Fort D. That said DF is on pace to have one of the best seasons ever from the state if not for the missed games in the schedule. This even has me rethinking what I used to believe when Knotts was at Indy that a streak like that would never happen in SC. I know I probably posted about it. SP is starting to look shaky to win 5. I know there are other contenders in other classifications to break the record of 4 in a row, but Knotts just may be the one that ends up doing it. Wow![/quote]

NOW, if he did this in GEORGIA, you'd have some REAL news! In order to win the 7A State Championship! He'd hafta beat state and national powers, Lowndes, Tift, Colquitt, Walton, Norcross, Camden County, Archer, McEachern, Marietta, Parkview, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Hill Grove, Roswell, and Milton!
ORabidOne
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Tue Oct 16, 2018 12:25 am

[quote=“ORabidOne”][quote=“Mania”]Right now Dutch Fork appears to be a world beater and will continue until someone challenges them. That might not happen until Sumter or Fort D. That said DF is on pace to have one of the best seasons ever from the state if not for the missed games in the schedule. This even has me rethinking what I used to believe when Knotts was at Indy that a streak like that would never happen in SC. I know I probably posted about it. SP is starting to look shaky to win 5. I know there are other contenders in other classifications to break the record of 4 in a row, but Knotts just may be the one that ends up doing it. Wow![/quote]

NOW, if he did this in GEORGIA, you’d have some REAL news! In order to win the 7A State Championship! He’d hafta beat state and national powers, Lowndes, Tift, Colquitt, Walton, Norcross, Camden County, Archer, McEachern, Marietta, Parkview, Grayson, North Gwinnett, Hill Grove, Roswell, and Milton![/quote]

I’ll admit it... 7A Georgia is loaded! Tough competition throughout the entire state. Most of those teams go undefeated only to bow out a round too early! I think The Packers biggest challengers for the title will be Parkview, Walton, Grayson, North Gwinnett and Archer in that order.

Milton is good but has lost a few key games, Marietta has talent but underwhelmed big time this year, Hill Grove is sneaky but I don’t think they will be a threat this year, Roswell is good too but not in the way they were two years ago, Tift and Lowndes are tough but not sure if they make it far, Camden County lone loss is to S.C. 4A Wren, and didn’t y’all blow McEachern out??
silverfox92
JV

Previous

Return to Class 5A