Gaffney will catch lightning in a bottle and beat DF

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Gaffney will catch lightning in a bottle and beat DF

Postby Rbmn9529 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:31 am

Let’s face it, Dorman was given no chance to beat DF last year and almost did. Any given day...someone’s gotta put Silverfox’s Johnson back in his pants. Getting a bit too cocky...
Big hitter, the Lama...

-Carl Spackler
Rbmn9529
Varsity

Re: Gaffney will catch lightning in a bottle and beat DF

Postby Trojanlatex » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:45 am

Dutch Fork is good but not unbeatable. Top 5A teams have a chance, I just think it will come down to out coaching and not being afraid to take risks. Dorman took a chance last year and came up **** Sometimes you have to do those things, waiting on a team to make a mistake can cost. Always be the aggressor, make things happen.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby region2 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:45 am

Yea, you guys go on thinking that. Better yet, let me know what you are drinking so I can run out and buy some. Gaffney beating DF? Gaffney would be lucky to score. And forget out-scheming, or out couching Tom Knott's.
region2
All-American

Postby GHS1kicker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:10 am

[quote=“region2”] And forget out-scheming, or out couching Tom Knott’s.[/quote]

Who was coaching in 2012 when Gaffney won the state championship?????

I forgot!!!!

GO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
GHS1kicker
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 11:54 am

[quote=“region2”]Yea, you guys go on thinking that. Better yet, let me know what you are drinking so I can run out and buy some. Gaffney beating DF? Gaffney would be lucky to score. And forget out-scheming, or out couching Tom Knott’s.[/quote]

They’re all on hard drugs! When did I ever say that DF couldn’t be beat? Anyone can lose on any given night! I simply said I don’t see anyone who can stop us from scoring! If you want to beat us you have to keep us out of the end zone! Periodt.

Rbm needs to get his panties out of a bunch take that L and move on, this is the same gaffney that lost to Byrnes by 20 points. Just because they beat y’all don’t mean they automatically make it to the championship game. Lots of season left and everyone is still sleeping on Sumter!
silverfox92
JV

Postby Mania » Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:34 pm

Right now Dutch Fork appears to be a world beater and will continue until someone challenges them. That might not happen until Sumter or Fort D. That said DF is on pace to have one of the best seasons ever from the state if not for the missed games in the schedule. This even has me rethinking what I used to believe when Knotts was at Indy that a streak like that would never happen in SC. I know I probably posted about it. SP is starting to look shaky to win 5. I know there are other contenders in other classifications to break the record of 4 in a row, but Knotts just may be the one that ends up doing it. Wow!
Mania
JV

Postby wavefan70s » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:06 pm

[quote=“GHS1kicker”][quote=“region2”] And forget out-scheming, or out couching Tom Knott’s.[/quote]

Who was coaching in 2012 when Gaffney won the state championship?????

I forgot!!!!

GO INDIANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/quote]
Probably same coach as your 2011 championship.nones beating dutch fork.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby GHS1kicker » Sat Oct 06, 2018 4:59 pm

Good one ! :o :D :P :lol: :roll:
GHS1kicker
Freshman

Postby Mania » Sun Oct 07, 2018 9:45 pm

Correction to my previous post Sumter is in the upperstate this year. If anything the team that makes it to the finals from the upperstate is going to be battle-tested and that could be Dutch Fork's only real challenge this season. The lower state appears to be able to provide little-resistance against DF. This all sets everything up to be an upset special for the state 5a finals with upperstate team being the only battle-tested team.
Mania
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 11:19 pm

[quote=“Mania”]Correction to my previous post Sumter is in the upperstate this year. If anything the team that makes it to the finals from the upperstate is going to be battle-tested and that could be Dutch Fork’s only real challenge this season. The lower state appears to be able to provide little-resistance against DF. This all sets everything up to be an upset special for the state 5a finals with upperstate team being the only battle-tested team.[/quote]

To be quite honest other than Berkeley, Summerville, and Ft D the lower state is complete hogwash. There should definitely be balance between teams from all over. I’m not a fan of the two time state champs having an easy road to Willy B. I want to see DF against TLH, Byrnes, Dorman, Gaffney and such. I wish we were like the Indiana HSL and allow the best teams in the state compete for best in the state outright! Imagine a playoff system with Dorman, Greer, Byrnes, Gaffney, South Pointe, Abbeville, and Daniel all in the upstate bracket while DF, Fort D, Berkeley, Summerville, Dillon, Myrtle Beach and Hartsville compete in the lower state. That would be crazy for sure.
silverfox92
JV

Next

Return to Class 5A