Refree hat and grey shirt?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Refree hat and grey shirt?

Postby Trojanlatex » Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:30 am

During the Clover game last night there was a guy walking the Northwestern sideline. Clipboard and taking lots of notes. SCHL official critiquing the officials? First time I've ever noticed this occurrence.
Trojanlatex
JV

Re: Refree hat and grey shirt?

Postby SackThe_Back » Sat Oct 06, 2018 9:03 am

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]During the Clover game last night there was a guy walking the Northwestern sideline. Clipboard and taking lots of notes. SCHL official critiquing the officials? First time I’ve ever noticed this occurrence.[/quote]
Sounds like Clover's fussing finally reached the main office.
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Sun Oct 07, 2018 8:11 pm

Fans & Parents are screaming the refs cost them the game Friday Night. They have also been claiming the same with Hunter Huss, Irmo, and Nation Ford. I am sorry but I don't see how the refs cost Clover the game Friday night nor the others. I actually think they gave Clover every chance to win but Clover can't get out of their own way to win a 5A conference game. It's like Trojanlatex said it best on a topic, they are their own worst enemy. Major bad decisions by coaching staff due to them panicking when they get behind especially early in the game is the problem. When the coaches panic the players see it and they panic. Coaches have to keep their composure. Stick to the game plan they have worked on all week if it's not working make changes and adjustments at halftime. Never panic and start onside kicking in 2nd qtr in my opinion, or change your game plan to soon. Onside kicks have cost them I think 3 times this year, within 3 plays the opponent has been in end zone digging them deeper in the hole. Interceptions, FUMBLES and not executing are killing them. MISTAKES MISTAKES MISTAKES even LANE himself said it during his pregame interview, that they had to clean up their mistakes and execute.
Practice what you preach is the lesson today COACH LANE NOW HARVEST THAT and you may have a chance to beat Fort Mill.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Postby PurpleandOrange » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:55 am

Not sure what the final tally was Friday night but at the half NW had 8 penalties to Clovers 1. The second half wasn't quite as bad but close. The refs refused to call holding against Clover and Holley was flagged multiple times for false start when the film shows he was just exploding off the ball that much quicker than everyone else on the snap. Poor ole refs eyesight is a tad slow.
NW definitely needs to clean up their personal foul issues. They are to quick to get caught up in simple jawing.
PurpleandOrange
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:50 pm

My understanding is they have complained about the refs calling games in Clover. If it's so and someone was there form SCHSL grading them, not sure how that will turn out. There were a lot of penalties flags that should have been thrown on Clover but wasn't from my seat. I think Northwestern and Clover also for sure need's to clean up the personal fouls and Clover has become a jawing type team which they have never been before, so that also needs to be addressed. These NFL players are affecting these high school kids attitudes, watching them play and smarting off at each other and that gets in their heads. Hard for these coaches to tell them otherwise.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Postby OnionRings » Fri Oct 12, 2018 9:46 am

this behavior CAN be controlled by the head coach and the system they set up. Players that don't buy in must go

discipline overall is lacking in a lot of programs, but the ones who can manage it have pretty good success mostly

this is not the only factor in on the field success (others would be strength program, play calling O and D, assistant coaches experience and skill level, and of course athletic players), but it is a big one
OnionRings
Freshman

Return to Class 5A