Dutch Fork 56 River Bluff 14

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Dutch Fork 56 River Bluff 14

Postby Carolinasports » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:02 pm

I remember when TK arrived at DF. Numerous people laughed at him. Saying this is big boy football. You can’t win here. Boy how the tune has changed. He’s got his on little cult following man crushes now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:06 pm

[quote=“Carolinasports”]I remember when TK arrived at DF. Numerous people laughed at him. Saying this is big boy football. You can’t win here. Boy how the tune has changed. He’s got his on little cult following man crushes now. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]

We always had athletes in this area! TK knew what he was doing and we trusted that! You probably a salty Charlotte fan that got his a** kicked back when TK was on a roll. Whatever man you got it, make sure your in Willy B in December to watch some real football! Maybe I’ll buy you a sucker so you can keep that mouth shut :mrgreen:! Anyways good luck to MC! I truly hope they don’t get bounced in the playoffs early and you can have something to comeback and argue about.
silverfox92
JV

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:24 pm

I don't remember people laughing at the hire, but maybe so. If they did laugh, they just don't know football

TK retired from NC and the move to SC was imminent. He could have gone to a number of schools including RH and SP (at different times), but no way football city schools can pony up over 100k which is what he makes at DF

he could have built this thing anywhere. It's not as if DF was a school full of naturally talented players (like SP), but they do have a lot of students, good facilities, and a lot of money. When those 3 things are present it just comes down to the coaching, which so many teams do not have
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby Carolinasports » Mon Oct 08, 2018 12:49 pm

I don't care how good a coach you are. If you don't have the players, you're not winning jack. TK is good at developing players and getting them to buy in. You still have to have talent. He evidentially found it. DF had talent but you're fooling yourself if you believe they had talent like they have since TK arrived. Win and they will come. I'm a big fan of his work and I know his formula very well.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby OnionRings » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:01 pm

no doubt all the winning and development bring lots of players to him, both at Indy and DF
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:03 pm

[quote=“OnionRings”]I don’t remember people laughing at the hire, but maybe so. If they did laugh, they just don’t know football

TK retired from NC and the move to SC was imminent. He could have gone to a number of schools including RH and SP (at different times), but no way football city schools can pony up over 100k which is what he makes at DF

he could have built this thing anywhere. It’s not as if DF was a school full of naturally talented players (like SP), but they do have a lot of students, good facilities, and a lot of money. When those 3 things are present it just comes down to the coaching, which so many teams do not have[/quote]

Definitely! I think most here thought it was a great hire! I guess it was just the folks in NC who found it humorous. Irmo doesn’t have the athletes Rock Hill does but the cupboard wasn’t bare. Lexington county schools probably has the most money of all the counties in the state. How could TK turn that down? The facilities at RB, DF, Lexington, Irmo, etc are ridiculous compared to other schools. And like you said most teams don’t have the coaching which explains why some are more successful than others.
silverfox92
JV

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:12 pm

[quote=“Carolinasports”]I don’t care how good a coach you are. If you don’t have the players, you’re not winning jack. TK is good at developing players and getting them to buy in. You still have to have talent. He evidentially found it. DF had talent but you’re fooling yourself if you believe they had talent like they have since TK arrived. Win and they will come. I’m a big fan of his work and I know his formula very well.[/quote]

Precisely. I can appreciate the fact that you recognize that TK has turned this whole community around. The cupboard wasn’t bare when TK got here but he definitely has developed players and turned DF into a powerhouse. Lexington county is a hotbed for student athletes due to the money the county funds into the schools. DF being the best team in the county no doubt receive the best players and rightfully so. Irmo is another school deserving of a great coach. Their athletics and facilities are top notch compared to a lot of other teams around the state.
silverfox92
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm

River Bluff was previously undefeated at 5-0 averaging 45 points a game before DF shut them down. Unfortunately River Bluff allowed 24 points a game, with an opponent such as DF, that isn’t good. Overall though, River Bluff is not a bad team. Impressive win for DF.
ImageACC Champions
1 CAT FAN
All-American

Postby Carolinasports » Mon Oct 08, 2018 3:55 pm

Silver Fox I understand you have the hots for Dutch Fork but Coach McFadden said no such thing. Now talk about credibility, just went straight out the building. You're lying. Although you never had any in the beginning. You're nothing more than an obsessed fan who's delusional. Damn! Put down the pom pom's and take off the dress and stop acting like a teenage girl because someone disagrees with you. You have a little pissy fit is not going to change anything.
Carolinasports
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:17 pm

[quote=“1 CAT FAN”]River Bluff was previously undefeated at 5-0 averaging 45 points a game before DF shut them down. Unfortunately River Bluff allowed 24 points a game, with an opponent such as DF, that isn’t good. Overall though, River Bluff is not a bad team. Impressive win for DF.[/quote]

Thanks 1 Cat! Your Nastycats look tough as usual! Keep it up!!
silverfox92
JV

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A