Can anyone stop Dutch fork?

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: Can anyone stop Dutch fork?

Postby Trojanlatex » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:10 pm

[quote=“Coach125”]I will admit I didn’t believe TL Hanna was as good as they are due to schedule but after rolling over teams in the playoffs maybe the thread should be “Can Hanna be stopped?”[/quote]
I agree they made a believer out of me,they are a machine.They can hit you so many ways so fast it’s
almost unfair. I’m thinking about going to the big show.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby MidlandsFan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:30 am

[quote=“ORabidOne”][quote=“silverfox92”]To beat DF you have outscore us or contain us defensively. Time of offensive possession is very important and you must control both lines of scrimmage in order for that to be done.

Offensively the weapons are abundant. Two 1,000 yard receivers on both sides, a QB who has thrown for over 3,000 yards, a RB that’s over 800 yards rushing, and a OL that has been physically imposing on every team we’ve played so far. We average over 500 yards per game and rack up points in a hurry. To slow us down you must get pressure on our QB to throw early an often but you also have to be careful of big screen plays from our RB who’s excellent catching out of the back field! To put it simple you MUST bring your A+ game and hope for the best to be able to slow them down.

Defensively we are a whole different monster. The average height of the DL is 6’4” 280! Very big up front and they play as one! The team defense is the fastest that I’ve seen in a very long time! We have 6’3” MLB Lawson Danley who’s very disruptive and lives in opposing teams backfield. 6’5” DE Kendrick Allen is a monster off the edge and hasn’t had a matchup this year where he hasn’t won! They Sacked WF QB Cooper Wallace 7 times and held the States leading rusher Ailym Ford under a 100 yards for the first time this year! The Secondary doesn’t get enough credit. Hugh Ryan is easily one of the best Safeties in the state. He cleans up everything that comes his way, and is very explosive getting to the ball once it is snapped. Ryan Harris is a solid DB that rarely ever gets beat. They remind me so much of Alabama’s defense. They all swarm the ball and work very well as one.

Overall the Coaching is what puts this team on top. WF was so demoralized once they got down 14 to 0 in the early first and was forced to go for it on 4th downs on multiple possessions and failed. That gave the ball back to DF with favorable field position and before you knew it the halftime score was 38-0. That’s what makes us dangerous. When we get up its almost impossible to keep up and you must value every single offensive possession because it can turn into a nightmare fast.[/quote]

GEEEEZ, Colquitt will leave the light on for ya in 2019-2023! And WE don’t recruit like Dutch Fork does? Or does ANYBODY in their right mind think that DF gets all that talent from a four square mile area, and everybody ELSE in Columbia metro, including their lil sisters at IRMO, STINK?[/quote]

I love reading your post Btango, but I’ve got so speak up on this one. The “recruiting” rhetoric is just getting old, apart from being completely not true, in Knott’s time at DF anyway. I can’t speak for when he was in NC; I have no clue about that. But what I do know is that this group that he has now and in the past, has been with him since middle school, 7th grade. I know about everyone of the current players since rec league. They are home grown. Can you please name some kids that “transferred” in? Where are they? Please tell me so I’ll know. Bryce Thompson? He was DF home grown, played since 7th grade in our system, left at the end of his 9th grade year to put himself in a better place to get away from some distractions here. Came back to finish off his senior year once he had matured. That’s not recruiting, he just came back. He always lived here. We got a LB that moved in this summer from RiverBluff. His dad is the AD at SCState. Wanted his kids in a better system where they would get better, and not go backwards. Just because a family moves in, does not mean it’s “recruiting”. A school with great academics and programs is bound to attract families. Other than that, please, tell me who else?

Actually, we don’t gain new players, we lose them! They leave because they think there’re not going to get a shot, so they transfer to Irmo, Chapin and other schools. We have actually made the teams around here better because of OUR kids that transfer out.

If you want to know “What” recruits...winning. If families do move in(the few that have) it’s because they want to be part of the system and school. Winning recruits. I’m actually stunned that we DON’T have more kids moving in. Look at the kids on middle school roster from 4 or 5 years ago and match them up to now...they are the same. What you will find is that some of them are actually GONE!

Again, I can’t speak about his time at NC. I can, however speak for his time here.

Anyway...looking forward to a good, safe game on Friday.
MidlandsFan
Freshman

Postby silverfox92 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:34 am

[quote=“MidlandsFan”][quote=“ORabidOne”][quote=“silverfox92”]To beat DF you have outscore us or contain us defensively. Time of offensive possession is very important and you must control both lines of scrimmage in order for that to be done.

Offensively the weapons are abundant. Two 1,000 yard receivers on both sides, a QB who has thrown for over 3,000 yards, a RB that’s over 800 yards rushing, and a OL that has been physically imposing on every team we’ve played so far. We average over 500 yards per game and rack up points in a hurry. To slow us down you must get pressure on our QB to throw early an often but you also have to be careful of big screen plays from our RB who’s excellent catching out of the back field! To put it simple you MUST bring your A+ game and hope for the best to be able to slow them down.

Defensively we are a whole different monster. The average height of the DL is 6’4” 280! Very big up front and they play as one! The team defense is the fastest that I’ve seen in a very long time! We have 6’3” MLB Lawson Danley who’s very disruptive and lives in opposing teams backfield. 6’5” DE Kendrick Allen is a monster off the edge and hasn’t had a matchup this year where he hasn’t won! They Sacked WF QB Cooper Wallace 7 times and held the States leading rusher Ailym Ford under a 100 yards for the first time this year! The Secondary doesn’t get enough credit. Hugh Ryan is easily one of the best Safeties in the state. He cleans up everything that comes his way, and is very explosive getting to the ball once it is snapped. Ryan Harris is a solid DB that rarely ever gets beat. They remind me so much of Alabama’s defense. They all swarm the ball and work very well as one.

Overall the Coaching is what puts this team on top. WF was so demoralized once they got down 14 to 0 in the early first and was forced to go for it on 4th downs on multiple possessions and failed. That gave the ball back to DF with favorable field position and before you knew it the halftime score was 38-0. That’s what makes us dangerous. When we get up its almost impossible to keep up and you must value every single offensive possession because it can turn into a nightmare fast.[/quote]

GEEEEZ, Colquitt will leave the light on for ya in 2019-2023! And WE don’t recruit like Dutch Fork does? Or does ANYBODY in their right mind think that DF gets all that talent from a four square mile area, and everybody ELSE in Columbia metro, including their lil sisters at IRMO, STINK?[/quote]

I love reading your post Btango, but I’ve got so speak up on this one. The “recruiting” rhetoric is just getting old, apart from being completely not true, in Knott’s time at DF anyway. I can’t speak for when he was in NC; I have no clue about that. But what I do know is that this group that he has now and in the past, has been with him since middle school, 7th grade. I know about everyone of the current players since rec league. They are home grown. Can you please name some kids that “transferred” in? Where are they? Please tell me so I’ll know. Bryce Thompson? He was DF home grown, played since 7th grade in our system, left at the end of his 9th grade year to put himself in a better place to get away from some distractions here. Came back to finish off his senior year once he had matured. That’s not recruiting, he just came back. He always lived here. We got a LB that moved in this summer from RiverBluff. His dad is the AD at SCState. Wanted his kids in a better system where they would get better, and not go backwards. Just because a family moves in, does not mean it’s “recruiting”. A school with great academics and programs is bound to attract families. Other than that, please, tell me who else?

Actually, we don’t gain new players, we lose them! They leave because they think there’re not going to get a shot, so they transfer to Irmo, Chapin and other schools. We have actually made the teams around here better because of OUR kids that transfer out.

If you want to know “What” recruits...winning. If families do move in(the few that have) it’s because they want to be part of the system and school. Winning recruits. I’m actually stunned that we DON’T have more kids moving in. Look at the kids on middle school roster from 4 or 5 years ago and match them up to now...they are the same. What you will find is that some of them are actually GONE!

Again, I can’t speak about his time at NC. I can, however speak for his time here.

Anyway...looking forward to a good, safe game on Friday.[/quote]

That wasn’t Btango that was actually a delusional Colquitt County fan insinuating that we recruit. But I definitely agree with everything you said! Of course they think we recruit with the way we’ve been playing these last couple year but our kids just put in the work to get better!
silverfox92
JV

Postby OnionRings » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:50 am

kids will migrate toward successful programs
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby MidlandsFan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:52 am

[quote=“silverfox92”][quote=“MidlandsFan”][quote=“ORabidOne”][quote=“silverfox92”]To beat DF you have outscore us or contain us defensively. Time of offensive possession is very important and you must control both lines of scrimmage in order for that to be done.

Anyway...looking forward to a good, safe game on Friday.[/quote]

That wasn’t Btango that was actually a delusional Colquitt County fan insinuating that we recruit. But I definitely agree with everything you said! Of course they think we recruit with the way we’ve been playing these last couple year but our kids just put in the work to get better![/quote]

Much apology to Btango!!!! I misread who quoted. Still like reading his posts!!! I was so fired up, I didn't pay attention. Sorry.
MidlandsFan
Freshman

Postby daCoacher » Thu Dec 06, 2018 1:01 pm

HANNA WILL WIN

:D
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby 1 CAT FAN » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:45 pm

[quote=“ORabidOne”]I guess you mean, in South Carolina! Because Dutch Fork is only ranked 55th in the nation! :lol:[/quote]
    #12 Colquitt County
      #17 Dutch Fork
        https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/17/
        ImageACC Champions
        1 CAT FAN
        All-American

Postby wavefan70s » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:10 pm

[quote=“1 CAT FAN”][quote=“ORabidOne”]I guess you mean, in South Carolina! Because Dutch Fork is only ranked 55th in the nation! :lol:[/quote]
          #12 Colquitt County
            #17 Dutch Fork
              https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/17/[/quote]
              That's what I was saying .at least they should look up the stuff before spewing nonsense.
              And if they did recruit who cares .it happens.plus like what has been said.people move to good programs. Gotta do what's best for you critics be damned.
              GO DUKE
              wavefan70s
              All-American

Postby silverfox92 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:02 pm

[quote=“wavefan70s”][quote=“1 CAT FAN”][quote=“ORabidOne”]I guess you mean, in South Carolina! Because Dutch Fork is only ranked 55th in the nation! :lol:[/quote]
                #12 Colquitt County
                  #17 Dutch Fork
                    https://usatodayhss.com/rankings/expert/boys/football/2018/17/[/quote]
                    That’s what I was saying .at least they should look up the stuff before spewing nonsense.
                    And if they did recruit who cares .it happens.plus like what has been said.people move to good programs. Gotta do what’s best for you critics be damned.[/quote]

He’s an idiot :lol: hence why I didn’t even respond to him! He claims Colquitt is so great but feels the need to come on OUR board and make ridiculous remarks. DF doesn’t recruit these kids has been together since middle school. Some people are just whacky in the head.
                    silverfox92
                    JV

Postby cutiger1900 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:55 pm

DF ain’t played ZACH PICKENS YET, watched some video of DF today. Pickens will eat that line up trust me..

Granted I have not seen anything but clips and not an entire game, size ain’t every thing .

Only way I see DF winning is IF the QB has enough time to pass TLH DB’s are the weak link

However before DF has the ball they have to stop that dang Wing T, I HATE that offense but I have not seen anyone ever run it this good with this kind of talent .

Still should be a good game, really looking forward to this one .
                    cutiger1900
                    Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A