HSL ????

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: HSL ????

Postby hamp1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 8:06 am

Its simple take the top 32 teams in each class, no matter which region they are in and make your 32 team bracket. No one loses a regular season game and gate money which will make them cry. This will show which district/schools want a winning program the others will play their 10 games and stay home, simple. That will also stop some of the wasted funds during the summer months on these programs that never get in.
This is a mugging! Now fork it over, or stick a fork in it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
hamp1234
JV

Postby SackThe_Back » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:13 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Its simple take the top 32 teams in each class, no matter which region they are in and make your 32 team bracket. No one loses a regular season game and gate money which will make them cry. This will show which district/schools want a winning program the others will play their 10 games and stay home, simple. That will also stop some of the wasted funds during the summer months on these programs that never get in.[/quote]
That's a good way to do it...
Never be diffrent unless diffrent is much, much better.
SackThe_Back
Freshman

Postby Beanie » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:07 pm

My problem with the old points system is you got credit just for playing a tough schedule. I always felt like you should get no points, no credit for a loss. Period. I put more stock in beating a 4A or 3A team than in losing to a 5A team. You play to win the game.
Beanie
Freshman

Postby region2 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:04 pm

There is no really good way to do it. You can take the 5th place team in region 2, and it might could win another region just because that region is so tough. As far as SOS, folks have little control over that. You have zero control over the strength of your region. Not can you predict OOC teams from one year to the next unless you want to load up on Dutch Fork's and Dormans and pretty much know you are scheduling losses to have a strong schedule. But you also shouldn't earn anything if you are a 5A team and you roll the Broome's of the world before conference play. Kind of need more of an eyeball test. But who does that? Coaches voting for their own agenda? The media? Take a look at some of the rankings during the year and it proves many of them aren't paying one bit of attention to anything but the game they are covering.
region2
All-American

Postby OnionRings » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:24 pm

All the top 16 schools used to be in the playoffs as "the big 16". People didn't like that. That influenced what we have now

People didn't like the point system for playoff seeding. That influenced what we have now

There is no ideal system. Things will change again and some people won't like it

just the way it is
OnionRings
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 4:53 pm

Yea Onionring but they had a division 1 and a division 2 then also in which Clover won div 2 in 07 and Byrnes I think won the Div 1 that year, that's no different than having different classes. Clover would've been beaten by Byrnes that year or for that matter never made it that far in playoffs if they had only been one division/class. Clover WILL never compete with your Northwestern's, Rock Hill's, Dorman's, Byrnes, Gaffney's and so forth year after year in football, basketball or baseball. They however I think can compete in the 4 A class and be competitive in all three of those sports, but not going to happen in 5A class. Point being again Clover should have never had a chance at a wildcard, surely there is another team WAY better that deserved that spot more than Hillcrest.

Which I know Clover is dropping 3A Hunter Huss in football and won't be playing them next year and 3A Ashbrook 3A Forestview will be dropped the following year and keeping 2A South Point (Belmont). Who they will replace them with I don't have a clue as of now, hopefully, 5A teams in my opinion. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.
hamp1234
JV

Postby fan4awhile » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:23 pm

[quote=“hamp1234”]Yea Onionring but they had a division 1 and a division 2 then also in which Clover won div 2 in 07 and Byrnes I think won the Div 1 that year, that’s no different than having different classes. Clover would’ve been beaten by Byrnes that year or for that matter never made it that far in playoffs if they had only been one division/class. Clover WILL never compete with your Northwestern’s, Rock Hill’s, Dorman’s, Byrnes, Gaffney’s and so forth year after year in football, basketball or baseball. They however I think can compete in the 4 A class and be competitive in all three of those sports, but not going to happen in 5A class. Point being again Clover should have never had a chance at a wildcard, surely there is another team WAY better that deserved that spot more than Hillcrest.

Which I know Clover is dropping 3A Hunter Huss in football and won’t be playing them next year and 3A Ashbrook 3A Forestview will be dropped the following year and keeping 2A South Point (Belmont). Who they will replace them with I don’t have a clue as of now, hopefully, 5A teams in my opinion. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best.[/quote]
Are they dropping them after next season or will not play them 19-20? If they are not playing them next season they will have to fill those dates with other NC teams
fan4awhile
Freshman

Postby fan4awhile » Thu Nov 08, 2018 12:26 pm

Sorry see now only Huss for next season......
fan4awhile
Freshman

Postby hamp1234 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:37 pm

See in season 16-17 Smith scheduled a charter school for one game for that week then worked out the Hunter Huss deal for 17-18 and 18-19 and now that's over and they don't like the facilities so they aren't resigning with these teams, to low class for them basically, but they complain about referee's costing them the game and it goes on and on. But they do need to play other 5A teams or strong 4A teams in non region play.
hamp1234
JV

Postby Beanie » Thu Nov 08, 2018 6:52 pm

The benefit of the current way, isnyou know how to get in. Win and you are in. Geography l, unfortunately prevents us from having even, balanced regions without someone getting totally screwed on travel. But the teams that barely get in or need a wildcard to get in aren’t going far, but they get a little extra revenue and an extra game.
Beanie
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A