What's going on with Greenwood Football????

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

What's going on with Greenwood Football????

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:06 pm

No disrespect to Woodmont but I never seen a Greenwood team that couldn’t score on Woodmont. What the problem is???
Last edited by StateChampsGHS on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Re: What going on with Greenwood Football????

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:09 pm

Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improved tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.
Last edited by StateChampsGHS on Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Postby eagle93 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 2:17 pm

[quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

The coach ain't on here yo. Text to him. :roll:
eagle93
All-American

Postby StateChampsGHS » Fri Sep 14, 2018 3:00 pm

[quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

The coach ain’t on here yo. Text to him. :roll:[/quote]

This is not about the coach. This is about the Greenwood Tradition!!!
Greenwood High Eagles
StateChampsGHS
Varsity

Postby eagle93 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:20 pm

[quote=“StateChampsGHS”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

This is not about the coach. This is about the Greenwood Tradition!!![/quote]

It's about the coach too. Who is responsible for keeping it going? The coach has the biggest hand.
eagle93
All-American

Postby JaySmoove » Fri Sep 14, 2018 6:49 pm

[quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

It’s about the coach too. Who is responsible for keeping it going? The coach has the biggest hand.[/quote]

Can't blame the coach all the time. players gotta play. playcalling was trash against Gaffney but not in this one. Offensive line didn't block. had a dropped td pass. penalties. that's just all there is to it.
2006 Class 4A D2 Champs
JaySmoove
Freshman

Postby eagle93 » Fri Sep 14, 2018 8:12 pm

[quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

It’s about the coach too. Who is responsible for keeping it going? The coach has the biggest hand.[/quote]

Can’t blame the coach all the time. players gotta play. playcalling was trash against Gaffney but not in this one. Offensive line didn’t block. had a dropped td pass. penalties. that’s just all there is to it.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Why run when you need 20 yards and your back is up against your end zone? Was almost a safety. It is what it is.
eagle93
All-American

Postby JaySmoove » Fri Sep 14, 2018 9:01 pm

[quote=“eagle93”][quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

Can’t blame the coach all the time. players gotta play. playcalling was trash against Gaffney but not in this one. Offensive line didn’t block. had a dropped td pass. penalties. that’s just all there is to it.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Why run when you need 20 yards and your back is up against your end zone? Was almost a safety. It is what it is.[/quote]

I get what you're saying but let's look at what was happening in the game. The QB had already thrown 2 ints if I'm not mistaken. Balls were getting batted down at the line. In that situation, if a ball gets tipped and intercepted they return it for a td and we may have lost. ball was at our own 2. The offensive line wasn't blocking. I hate to admit it but it appears that we just don't have the talent on offense this year that were accustomed to seeing. The Gaffney game I blame the coach but not in this one. The players need to play better.
2006 Class 4A D2 Champs
JaySmoove
Freshman

Postby eagle93 » Sat Sep 15, 2018 12:00 pm

[quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“JaySmoove”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”][quote=“eagle93”][quote=“StateChampsGHS”]Greenville, Palmetto and Hillcrest were able to score on Woodmont. I know Woodmont has improve tremendously under Jet Turner but to stop Greenwood from scoring. I must be having a nightmare that I can’t wake up from.[/quote]

I respectfully disagree. Why run when you need 20 yards and your back is up against your end zone? Was almost a safety. It is what it is.[/quote]

I get what you’re saying but let’s look at what was happening in the game. The QB had already thrown 2 ints if I’m not mistaken. Balls were getting batted down at the line. In that situation, if a ball gets tipped and intercepted they return it for a td and we may have lost. ball was at our own 2. The offensive line wasn’t blocking. I hate to admit it but it appears that we just don’t have the talent on offense this year that were accustomed to seeing. The Gaffney game I blame the coach but not in this one. The players need to play better.[/quote]

Alright. That's a fair assessment, but everything starts and ends with coaching.
eagle93
All-American

Re: What's going on with Greenwood Football????

Postby wAvErIdA.net » Sat Sep 15, 2018 5:21 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: ole gwood is finally realizing you are not and were never as grand as you THOUGHT you were. You all are just another doormat opponent like you were when I played. accept it and move on losers :lol: :lol: :lol:
wAvErIdA.net
Freshman

Next

Return to Class 5A