Northwestern-Fort D scrimmage

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Northwestern-Fort D scrimmage

Postby 3timestatechamp » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm

Anyone know how that turned out?
3timestatechamp
Freshman

Re: Northwestern-Fort D scrimmage

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:11 pm

It was an interesting scrimmage. FD is huge on the offensive line. Qb's seem solid, nice little run game. FD came out as if this was a game of importance. They looked to be in game mode. Defense didn't seem....well I will get back to that.
Northwestern look like they were still asleep. Just seemed to be going through the motion. Sloppy tackling, lackluster effort seemed to be the order of the day. FD secondary was not really tested. Northwestern passing game was hampered by a key injury and missing receiver. FD brought the heat and Northwestern offensive line didn't hold up well. I'm thinking FD might have scored 4 touchdown during the first part of the scrimmage.
Northwestern seem to wake up, when the jv players got on the field. Northwestern run game started racking up huge chunks of yards. Quite a few Patriot's got run over but they will be alright,lol. I'm not sure if the varsity decided to play a bit harder or they were feeling embarrassed how the jv went toe to toe with FD.
We really need to lighten up on these scrimmages. The regular season going to be bad enough. Northwestern and Spartanburg next week will a battle...we don't need to limp into the regular season with a bunch of injuries. One thing for sure Northwestern need to be finding a capable back up qb. FD will be a team to look out for.
I would give FD a grade of B+ Northwestern from what I saw today would be a of C-. PS Northwestern offensive line better play a whole better when the season start or the qb will probably be running more than the rb,lol.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby 5thqtr » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:12 pm

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]It was an interesting scrimmage. FD is huge on the offensive line. Qb’s seem solid, nice little run game. FD came out as if this was a game of importance. They looked to be in game mode. Defense didn’t seem....well I will get back to that.
Northwestern look like they were still asleep. Just seemed to be going through the motion. Sloppy tackling, lackluster effort seemed to be the order of the day. FD secondary was not really tested. Northwestern passing game was hampered by a key injury and missing receiver. FD brought the heat and Northwestern offensive line didn’t hold up well. I’m thinking FD might have scored 4 touchdown during the first part of the scrimmage.
Northwestern seem to wake up, when the jv players got on the field. Northwestern run game started racking up huge chunks of yards. Quite a few Patriot’s got run over but they will be alright,lol. I’m not sure if the varsity decided to play a bit harder or they were feeling embarrassed how the jv went toe to toe with FD.
We really need to lighten up on these scrimmages. The regular season going to be bad enough. Northwestern and Spartanburg next week will a battle...we don’t need to limp into the regular season with a bunch of injuries. One thing for sure Northwestern need to be finding a capable back up qb. FD will be a team to look out for.
I would give FD a grade of B+ Northwestern from what I saw today would be a of C-. PS Northwestern offensive line better play a whole better when the season start or the qb will probably be running more than the rb,lol.[/quote]

TL - honest assessment of one’s own team is so very rare on the board. Some people think it means, “you are not supportive”! I see it totally different. I see it as “just being honest”! You are not alone in the “needs improvement department”! We have work to do and just like the Trojans; we have the pieces to do it with. Just are not there yet!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby CITYSLICKER » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:15 pm

MY, MY, I HEARD THE FORT KICKED THE CHIT OUT OF YALL.
614 STAGS GAMES AND COUNTING-54 YEARS

http://WWW.BERKELEYSTAGSFOOTBALL.COM
CITYSLICKER
Heisman

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:16 pm

We only compete with teams that are equal or better than us...….at Northwestern we don't like cupcakes. :shock: We only lose to teams that are worthy of their victory. Every team that step on the field always give us their best ****..it means a major accomplishment has happened, lol :D
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby Trojanlatex » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:18 pm

Best ****.. I don't know how a curse word was added ,lol.
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby trojangrad78 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:13 pm

[quote=“Trojanlatex”]Best ****.. I don’t know how a curse word was added ,lol.[/quote]

A mighty fine line between shot and **** LOL
trojangrad78
All-American

Postby wavefan70s » Sat Aug 04, 2018 8:04 am

I'm assuming that was both teams 1st scrimmage. N.W. is always pretty good .I'm sure both teams will figure it out.
Did fort have a big db/lb ?I'm just curious how he looked..
Kids at fort are putting in the work hopefully it will translate to the season.
good luck to yall on your season.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby daCoacher » Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:05 pm

Northwestern is not good. Struggled on Thursday badly.
Those that can do... those that can't coach.
daCoacher
JV

Postby Trojanlatex » Sat Aug 04, 2018 2:57 pm

Really hard gauging Northwestern, they seem to be an up and down team from my view. They are not consistent right now. Maybe they will gel as the season goes on. They have flashes where they look real good, then they turn around and look horrible. In the end I think they will be better than not, lol.
FD has a big team especially on the offensive line.
Trojanlatex
JV

Return to Class 5A