Best 10 games in The Herald's area

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Best 10 games in The Herald's area

Postby bhmccorm » Tue Jul 17, 2018 10:33 am

Best 10 high school football games in The Herald’s coverage area this coming season:
https://www.heraldonline.com/sports/hig ... 56625.html
bhmccorm
Freshman

Re: Best 10 games in The Herald's area

Postby 5thqtr » Tue Jul 17, 2018 6:33 pm

I love the list with one exception B~ Westwood - big and athletic/talented as they are and with the shocking win over NA in the playoffs - did not follow that the following week! I suspect they will be very tough this year too! But, the Rock Hill vs. South Pointe game would make my list for this area over that one! I had to look again to make sure I didn't miss it. Two years ago and for a half this past season RH was hanging with the Stallions! RH looks to be much improved and SP will be w/o superman(snickers sly foxx like). RH has more kids on FBS radars than does SP so; why would that game not make the list! Always a big crowd too! But, totally subjective thing! Your list minus the Westwood game; add the RH vs. SP game is spot on! Good Job B-Mac.
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Trojanlatex » Thu Jul 19, 2018 8:19 am

4 of the 10 features Northwestern. I love the level of competition we are scheduled to play. We may not have as many championship as some teams, but aren't scared to go again heavy hitters. That's why I support this team. All I want is a well run program that's putting out a good product and a few championships won't hurt either,lol
Trojanlatex
JV

Postby db cooper » Fri Jul 20, 2018 4:06 pm

I agree with 5th Qtr that RH vs SP is one that should be on this list, also Fort Mill vs Clover has proven in the past to be a good one for the fans in The Herald’s coverage area.
db cooper
Freshman

Postby bhmccorm » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:03 pm

Rock Hill-South Pointe certainly had a strong case.
I have to say, I've enjoyed watching SP smack down RV and Westwood the last few years, in large part because of the trash talk those two schools let rip during their trips to District 3 South.
The last team you need to talk smack to is SP. Just be nice to them, that's probably your best bet. I guess that's why I put that game on there, although, judging by the scores, Westwood and SP haven't played an interesting game yet.

Agree on Fort Mill-Clover. Never a pretty game, but always close and always important in region standings.

Probably a few others I could have added. I'm interested to see how Indian Land plays against its schedule, which is incredible compared to who they were playing maybe 8, 9 years ago.
bhmccorm
Freshman

Postby db cooper » Fri Jul 20, 2018 5:15 pm

Manny moons ago when Fort Mill was AA and Indian Land was single A, IL/FM was a big regional game. It will be interesting to see as Indian Land grows and Fort Mill's third school matures if that regional rivalry will be reborn. The Battle of Little Sugarcreek? Lol
db cooper
Freshman

Postby Beanie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:30 pm

Anybody else wanna go ahead and make Rock Hill-South Pointe a Saturday afternoon game again this year?
Beanie
Freshman

Postby 5thqtr » Sun Jul 22, 2018 3:34 pm

Re: Best 10 games in The Herald’s area
by Beanie » Sat Jul 21, 2018 8:30 pm
Anybody else wanna go ahead and make Rock Hill-South Pointe a Saturday afternoon game again this year?
Beanie
Freshman

I know right @ Beanie! May as well book it for Saturday it seems!
ImageGreat To Be A Stallion! Blessed To Live In Rock Hill!
5thqtr
All-American

Postby Trojanlatex » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:21 pm

Seems to be more competitive on Saturdays.
Trojanlatex
JV

Return to Class 5A