OTS Sports Network Statewide Poll: Week 8

This board covers the teams playing in Class 5A in South Carolina.

Re: OTS Sports Network Statewide Poll: Week 8

Postby Colbyc36 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:58 pm

[quote=“wavefan70s”][quote=“Colbyc36”][quote=“wavefan70s”]We have quite a few[/quote]

Agreed Wave.
Shall we compare “big boy trophies”? Upstate versus Low country?[/quote]
Those were the big boy trophies lol.
Gaffney got everyone anyway.[/quote]

Yeah, this argument doesn’t work like it does in CA. California is kinda uniform in width along its length. I would suspect that Southern California has a bigger talent pool just because of the population difference.
But here in SC, where would one draw the line that separates upstate and low country? Because of the states taper, if one did it at Columbia, the low country would be at a disadvantage.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby wavefan70s » Thu Oct 12, 2017 5:43 pm

True
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby BEARCAT/BULLDOG » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:58 pm

[quote=“FORTD2K”]Yall upstate fans kill me. No one proclaim fort to be #1 in this poll, no one. One person mentioned no votes for 1st place nothing more. I dont know where yall come up with these. Also bearcat/bulldog or what ever his name is, seem to always have something to say to discredit fort on anything, when no fan or any other fan boast on how good fort is. They took slicke’s post and rode with it. But its cool fans like that can do all that talking, my guys will talk on the field. On another note, since bearcat got alot to say, when was rock hill high relevant???? #dropsthemic[/quote]

OK. I won’t include “all of Fort Dorchester educated folks in here just cause you can’t read”! But, my very 1st words on this thread was a disclaimer regarding Rock Hill Bearcats. Well, on the other thread about Fort Dorchester and TL Hanna, I did anyway. Because, that’s where the “simple” attack 1st when you destroying their paper house! So, went ahead and put it out there, but I guess if you can’t read?

Furthermore, in about every other word you prove exactly why this thread has turned into what it has become. You still never(somebody read this to fortd2k) answered the question. Have you seen everybody else play? Do you think Charleston is the only place big athletic fast kids grow? Or is there something about there in the environment that gives the coaching staff some knowledge of the game no other coaches have? No need to get personal.............“it’s great you support your team, I was just asking how are you so sure”! Have you seen everybody else?

But, heard jokers like this get on here for years! “Nobody can beat us, we invented the game, we re-invented the game and remixed it, nobody can do it like us, nobody has what we have on offense, defense, etc”! Laughable!
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Sr. Drill Instructor Parris Island.
BEARCAT/BULLDOG
Varsity

Postby wavefan70s » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:05 pm

I think there is talent everywhere .i do believe pound for pound coaching is better up state compaired to most of our schools although that is changing.around Charlotte the talent base may be a bit bigger because of a bigger pool population .but in certain schools i believe we have as much talent.
GO DUKE
wavefan70s
All-American

Postby BEARCAT/BULLDOG » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:30 am

So I get a private message where I get basically threatened and insulted b/c my opinion is: these folks have seen more of the teams on this list than a couple of people who have likely "only seen their team play"! Real classy!
Look: If it means that much, create your own and put Fort Dorchester 1-10 if you want. B/C like I said, the only poll that goes in the books is the one who indicates who the state champions are/were! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kids trying to mess around in a adult world, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Pain is weakness leaving the body" -Sr. Drill Instructor Parris Island.
BEARCAT/BULLDOG
Varsity

Postby FootballFan4343 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:00 am

[quote=“BEARCAT/BULLDOG”]So I get a private message where I get basically threatened and insulted b/c my opinion is: these folks have seen more of the teams on this list than a couple of people who have likely “only seen their team play”! Real classy!
Look: If it means that much, create your own and put Fort Dorchester 1-10 if you want. B/C like I said, the only poll that goes in the books is the one who indicates who the state champions are/were! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Kids trying to mess around in a adult world, LOL! :lol: :lol: :lol:[/quote]
Again, your points are spot on. Its hilarious the people that "dog" polls. 95% of the fans that post on here go see there favorite team EVERY week and so, by virtue, they only see who their "said team" is playing. So when you are a Fort Dorchester fan or South Pointe fan or TL Hanna fan, you feel like your team is the best because they are beating people badly each week.
Whereas the people who votes in any of these media based polls, do this for a living. They get paid to study teams. So when you act as though you know better than them, you are either just biased for your favorite team or frankly you are just ignorant. It would be akin to someone who has never done your job for a living suddenly coming up and telling you how wrong you are and how they know your job, that you have worked for YEARS, better than you because they have watched others do your job.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

Postby 3timestatechamp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:40 am

[quote=“FootballFan4343”][quote=“BEARCAT/BULLDOG”]So I get a private message where I get basically threatened and insulted b/c my opinion is: these folks have seen more of the teams on this list than a couple of people who have likely “only seen their team play”! Real classy!

Again, your points are spot on. Its hilarious the people that “dog” polls. 95% of the fans that post on here go see there favorite team EVERY week and so, by virtue, they only see who their “said team” is playing. So when you are a Fort Dorchester fan or South Pointe fan or TL Hanna fan, you feel like your team is the best because they are beating people badly each week.
Whereas the people who votes in any of these media based polls, do this for a living. They get paid to study teams. So when you act as though you know better than them, you are either just biased for your favorite team or frankly you are just ignorant. It would be akin to someone who has never done your job for a living suddenly coming up and telling you how wrong you are and how they know your job, that you have worked for YEARS, better than you because they have watched others do your job.[/quote]

Maybe these kid fans study hours of films every week?
3timestatechamp
Freshman

Postby FootballFan4343 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 11:32 am

[quote=“3timestatechamp”][quote=“FootballFan4343”][quote=“BEARCAT/BULLDOG”]So I get a private message where I get basically threatened and insulted b/c my opinion is: these folks have seen more of the teams on this list than a couple of people who have likely “only seen their team play”! Real classy!

Again, your points are spot on. Its hilarious the people that “dog” polls. 95% of the fans that post on here go see there favorite team EVERY week and so, by virtue, they only see who their “said team” is playing. So when you are a Fort Dorchester fan or South Pointe fan or TL Hanna fan, you feel like your team is the best because they are beating people badly each week.
Whereas the people who votes in any of these media based polls, do this for a living. They get paid to study teams. So when you act as though you know better than them, you are either just biased for your favorite team or frankly you are just ignorant. It would be akin to someone who has never done your job for a living suddenly coming up and telling you how wrong you are and how they know your job, that you have worked for YEARS, better than you because they have watched others do your job.[/quote]

Maybe these kid fans study hours of films every week?[/quote]

That is a true point. Highly unlikely, but you make a good point. So if someone on here studies enough film/stats/attends enough different games and analyzes the teams just as much as paid professionals then they would warrant the opportunity, sure.
Now, with that said, if anyone on here is doing as much of "working" high school football as paid professionals, then well...lets just say that person needs to absolutely get a life, get a woman, or maybe GET A JOB in the business. I am sure if you are THAT good at it, and smarter/better than the people doing that, then you could EASILY be hired to replace them. Send in your resume, see how you stack up.
FootballFan4343
Varsity

Postby Colbyc36 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:46 pm

[quote=“FootballFan4343”]lets just say that person needs to absolutely get a life, get a woman, or maybe GET A JOB in the business.[/quote]

Uh, not to knit pick...but that is in the wrong order.
You gotta get a job to get a life....then comes woman.
So it's = Job, Life, Woman.
Colbyc36
Varsity

Postby 3timestatechamp » Fri Oct 13, 2017 1:16 pm

[quote=“FootballFan4343”][quote=“3timestatechamp”][quote=“FootballFan4343”][quote=“BEARCAT/BULLDOG”]So I get a private message where I get basically threatened and insulted b/c my opinion is: these folks have seen more of the teams on this list than a couple of people who have likely “only seen their team play”! Real classy!

Maybe these kid fans study hours of films every week?[/quote]

That is a true point. Highly unlikely, but you make a good point. So if someone on here studies enough film/stats/attends enough different games and analyzes the teams just as much as paid professionals then they would warrant the opportunity, sure.
Now, with that said, if anyone on here is doing as much of “working” high school football as paid professionals, then well...lets just say that person needs to absolutely get a life, get a woman, or maybe GET A JOB in the business. I am sure if you are THAT good at it, and smarter/better than the people doing that, then you could EASILY be hired to replace them. Send in your resume, see how you stack up.[/quote]

I already have a great life, awesome wife and a job I love! See you in Columbia! Maybe you can get your picture with the big boy trophy! You can look at it but you can't touch it!
3timestatechamp
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to Class 5A