UGA gets LeMay...C. Peake next?

Palmetto Football Talk’s Locker Room is a message board to discuss sports topics other than prep and college football. NASCAR, baseball, whatever - this is the place.

UGA gets LeMay...C. Peake next?

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sat May 01, 2010 6:01 am

#2 ranked qb in the nation is a DAWG! :D LeMay completed 68.5 percent of his passes for 3,296 yards and 44 touchdowns and only two interceptions while leading Butler to an undefeated season and the Class 4A state championship in North Carolina. First off, I’m looking for the quarterback’s best friend, the ‘Big Pretties,’” LeMay said, referring to offensive linemen. “I don’t like to call them the ‘Big Uglies;’ I heard they don’t like that. So we need to get some linemen, of course, and get some receivers. Hopefully we’ll get [wide receiver] Charone Peake [of Roebuck, S.C. ], that’s a guy I really like and we have a good relationship. So hopefully he’ll come with me. I’d really love to play with him and have him to throw to.<-----copied and pasted from the Atlanta Journal.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_1_TgQtCSU
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Re: UGA gets LeMay...C. Peake next?

Postby alkahmissk » Fri May 28, 2010 12:17 pm

I’ve been working the phones and scouring the Internet all day to come up with as good a list as I can for UGA’s Junior Day this weekend.

Keep in mind, you’re never going to get a comprehensive list for something like this. Only Georgia knows who is supposed to come — even they can never be sure who will actually show up — and they couldn’t release names if they wanted to as it is a recruiting event. But best I can tell there will be about 30 or so rising high school seniors in Athens for the one-day football clinic.

And, again, it’s an impressive group.
alkahmissk
Freshman

Postby CHEAP SHOT » Tue Jun 01, 2010 12:16 am

Peake is all Clemson and has been for a long time.
CHEAP SHOT
Freshman

Postby CWall2001 » Tue Jun 01, 2010 3:47 pm

Cheapshot, you're right and wrong...in the beginning he was Clemson's to lose. Now he is leaning towards UGA from what I understand.
I specialize in logo design, sports edits, action photography, t-shirt designs and other graphic design.

Twitter: @CWSportMedia
Instagram: @CWSportMedia
Facebook: CW Sport Media
CWall2001
JV

Postby CHEAP SHOT » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:23 pm

CWall2001 wrote:Cheapshot, you're right and wrong...in the beginning he was Clemson's to lose. Now he is leaning towards UGA from what I understand.

Fail. Told you, Peake is all Clemson, and has been for a long time.
CHEAP SHOT
Freshman

Postby CWall2001 » Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:49 pm

Haha, you're awful sure of yourself. At the time that I posted that Peake was wearing UGA gear and talking them up bigtime. I don't care which school he goes to as long as he does well for himself. As a gamecock I hope he does well, it is neat when a kid gets to go to a school that they have been a fan of for some time, so I'm happy for him and Adam Humphries (although Humphries isn't a done deal).
I specialize in logo design, sports edits, action photography, t-shirt designs and other graphic design.

Twitter: @CWSportMedia
Instagram: @CWSportMedia
Facebook: CW Sport Media
CWall2001
JV

Postby 3rd and LONG » Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:50 pm

CHEAP SHOT wrote:
CWall2001 wrote:Cheapshot, you're right and wrong...in the beginning he was Clemson's to lose. Now he is leaning towards UGA from what I understand.

Fail. Told you, Peake is all Clemson, and has been for a long time.

Peake didn't make his FINAL decision until AFTER he went to UGA the first part of June. He attended the Clemson camp before and after going to UGA and decided on Clemson. Had UGA offered just a "Little" more, he'd gone there. The Clemson coaches did alot to make him feel confident in his recruiting. Charone said that up until the day back at Clemson, there were still 2 schools in the mix.
Dorman Cavaliers: 2009 4A Div. 1 State Football Champions
Wofford Terriers: 2010 SoCon Basketball Champions
3rd and LONG
JV

Postby Total Dominance » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:16 pm

It doesn't matter. The Gamecocks will take care of both teams in the upcoming season.

9 state championships (’71, ’81, ’91, ’96, ’10, ’11, ’15, ’16, ’17)
and counting...

formerly known as the #1 Stunna (incognito)
Total Dominance
All-American

Postby Chief Shooting Bull » Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:12 pm

LMAO..it's a ;itt;e early for the yearly "we are gonna win the east and then the SEC championship" delusional talk aint it Total. If i had a dollar for every Shamecock fan that has told me that over the years I would own the internet. I will be sure to remind you of this statement 3 or 4 weeks into the season. :lol: And oh yeah as everybody has been saying we are gonna be down this year....10 out of 11 coming back on offense...I will take that kinda down every year. :shock:
The Gaffney Indians...17 time South Carolina State Champions!
Chief Shooting Bull
All-American

Postby YellowHammer71 » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:34 pm

Only problem is the defense seems to be getting worse every year. If they don't turn that around drastically, it won't matter how potent the offense is. Too bad ole Kirby chose to stick around Tuscaloosa a little longer. ;)
YellowHammer71
Freshman

Next

Return to The Locker Room