Carl Edwards / Brad Keselowski situation

Palmetto Football Talk’s Locker Room is a message board to discuss sports topics other than prep and college football. NASCAR, baseball, whatever - this is the place.

Carl Edwards / Brad Keselowski situation

Postby Chief Whoa » Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:48 pm

Obviously I don't condone flipping someone over where drivers or fans could be put in life threatening situations but having said that I'm pretty sure Carl did not know the roof flaps would deploy backwards and send Keselowski flipping into the fence, In this situation I think they did right but in most situations I feel that NASCAR jumps in and gets involved to early, whether they admit it or not NASCAR misses the old fist fights in the pits and rivalries that made them what they are.

What are your thoughts?
Chief Whoa
All-American

Re: Carl Edwards / Brad Keselowski situation

Postby XpectDaTruth » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:00 pm

I agree - it made things a little more interesting. Look what a little fighting has done for hockey.
The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. Winston Churchill
XpectDaTruth
All-American

Postby BulldogAtHeart » Mon Mar 08, 2010 9:59 pm

I think Carl got tired of Brad's having wrecked him TWICE. The first was that nasty flip into the fence I believe last year. Im sure Carl had no idea the car would flip the way it did...but you can bet he got his message across.
BulldogAtHeart
Freshman

Postby beaudiddley » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:32 am

Carl has been overly clean about the whole situation with Brad......in the old days Brad would have had his plow cleaned a long time ago.......he seems to think if he wrecks someone it is an accident......but if he gets wrecked.....it's wrong...and intentional.......like it or not.....this wreck brought more attention to Nascar than anything lately......and attention is what sells tickets....
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby Woodruff Cheerleader » Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:49 am

beaudiddley wrote:Carl has been overly clean about the whole situation with Brad......in the old days Brad would have had his plow cleaned a long time ago.......he seems to think if he wrecks someone it is an accident......but if he gets wrecked.....it's wrong...and intentional.......like it or not.....this wreck brought more attention to Nascar than anything lately......and attention is what sells tickets....

Can't believe I'm saying this, but you are right on beau....well said.
Bone-Crusher: The Wolverine is a powerful animal, and has no trouble running down its victims.
Woodruff Cheerleader
JV

Postby beaudiddley » Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:18 pm

Woodruff Cheerleader wrote:
beaudiddley wrote:Carl has been overly clean about the whole situation with Brad......in the old days Brad would have had his plow cleaned a long time ago.......he seems to think if he wrecks someone it is an accident......but if he gets wrecked.....it's wrong...and intentional.......like it or not.....this wreck brought more attention to Nascar than anything lately......and attention is what sells tickets....

Can't believe I'm saying this, but you are right on beau....well said.

You're making me blush.......I have always know how good I was.....but I had no idea you knew......
beaudiddley
Heisman

Postby OLDFART51 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 11:47 am

Cousin Carl is one of the first to give pay back to Brad Keselowski. Believe me he has more coming his way.
Defense is the name of the game, no matter what game is played. If the opposition doesn't score you can't lose.
OLDFART51
JV

Return to The Locker Room