Wilson Hall / Pinewood Head Coaching openings

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Wilson Hall / Pinewood Head Coaching openings

Postby fan4football » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 am

I was surprised to hear that Coach Talley is stepping down at Wilson Hall. (I'm sure its to focus on his other duties, as he is greatly admired at Wilson Hall.)

Who is Wilson Hall looking at to come in and lead the Barons? I got to think this is one of the best coaching jobs in SCISA and they could get a great coach.

Also, any word on the Pinewood job? Also surprised Holland was fired after just one season! Wow.
fan4football
Freshman

Re: Wilson Hall / Pinewood Head Coaching openings

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:36 am

Do they go with a young guy with Talley still there to guide when needed or do they go with a proven winner? I guess it depends on what they want...long term or more of a now kind of thing.
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby fan4football » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:38 am

Good question. I think whoever they hire, needs to be in for the long haul (after so much turnover there the past few years.)
fan4football
Freshman

Postby Old Shadow » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:58 am

For my edification, is Talley leaving the basketball and football jobs? :?:
Old Shadow
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 1:28 pm

This is interesting about Coach Talley. All I can say is it's about dang time he steps down! :lol: Seriously though, is he stepping down from all sports duties or what? More info would be greatly appreciated on this topic!
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby dreamer » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:36 pm

From what I understand Coach Talley will be stepping down as football coach but will remain in his capacity as the Basketball coach. I also heard the job had already been offered to one coach who turned it down to stay at his present job.

Not real sure about the pinewood situation.
dreamer
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:59 pm

dreamer wrote:From what I understand Coach Talley will be stepping down as football coach but will remain in his capacity as the Basketball coach.

YAY! :roll:
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby hoopitup » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:15 pm

I heard in the past that Coach Wilson of WH was next in line to take the helm should Talley leave. If this is true, Wilson Hall will still be a major contender in AAA football. One thing about Wilson, he'll have them well conditioned and prepared to play.
Hard work beats talent.................When talent doesn't work hard
hoopitup
Varsity

Postby fan4football » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:15 pm

I did hear Coach Talley was JUST stepping down from football. I wonder (if its true) that if Wilson Hall offered the job to someone else already, (who turned it down) where was Coach Wilson in all of that? I hear he is a great guy with a lot of energy.....but it seems like WH is moving in a different direction?

Any names out there that are applying?

Its crazy to me that there is no buzz around the Pinewood job. What is the deal in Summerville???? What happen to Holland and what direction are they moving in? As many people that post on this site from Pinewood.......why do I hear crickets??
fan4football
Freshman

Postby Pinewood Poppa » Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:58 pm

The reasons are all very vague and seem to change on a weekly basis. All I know is there are some really angry players and parents and I assure you this is not over. I will wait until we name a new hire before I comment further, that will answer alot of questions for me. I support coach and his family, he did alot for my son. Our boys really enjoyed playing for him. It has been a sad time for us.
Pinewood Poppa
Freshman

Next

Return to SCISA