NCISAA Football Playoff Twist

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

NCISAA Football Playoff Twist

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:01 am

https://twitter.com/theobserver/status/ ... 0802945024

The North Carolina league is implementing a unique twist to playoff seeding this weekend-how would our posters see this working in SCISA?

Use the Twitter link to access the article-that gets you past the Observer paywall.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Re: NCISAA Football Playoff Twist

Postby rbharrell » Mon Oct 30, 2017 2:22 pm

There are a lot of things the NCISAA does that I wish we would do.

For one, I like the volleyball all being played at one location. But we play best of 5 all year long and then go to the state tournament and play best of 3. To me that favors upsets. I would like to just see single elimination, best of 5 in each game, and the championships played in the same place. Play the first rounds at the home of the higher seeds and then move everyone to one location on Friday to play Friday and Saturday.
rbharrell
Freshman

Postby UnderneathTheLights » Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:16 pm

I wish basketball would do what you mentioned....allow the higher seeds to play at least one home game before moving to one location. It's a reward to the school and team to host in the playoffs....can also help the athletic budget too!
UnderneathTheLights
JV

Postby rbharrell » Tue Oct 31, 2017 2:49 pm

[quote=“UnderneathTheLights”]I wish basketball would do what you mentioned....allow the higher seeds to play at least one home game before moving to one location. It’s a reward to the school and team to host in the playoffs....can also help the athletic budget too![/quote]

Exactly. Our travel expenses for the past 2 years has been close to $6000.00 for both of our teams to have to travel to Columbia and Sumter. And the missed class time makes it even worse.
rbharrell
Freshman

Postby docgibbons » Sat Nov 11, 2017 10:05 pm

a relegation system like this would work well for 8-man. You have 18-20 teams, all with pretty much the same enrollment. Matter of fact, the smaller schools seem to be the stronger teams. You have 2 divisions - upper and lower. At the end of the season, the bottom 2 teams from the upper division drop to the lower division, and the top 2 teams from the lower division move up to the upper division. Over the years, this would mix up the teams in the 2 divisions, and you would avoid situations where you have 1 powerful team and 7 mediocre teams (see division 1 this year). Another plus is that it would make some of those 7 vs 8 seed games mean something.
docgibbons
All-American

Return to SCISA