scores for the week of 4/12

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

scores for the week of 4/12

Postby wesley » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:31 am

Baseball

Laurens Academy snapped a 3 game loseing streak with a 9-5 victory over 2A SCHSL foe Batesburg-Leesville. Ryland Culbertson pitched a complete game victory, striking out 10 and only giving up one walk, as he raised his record to 4-2.
Ry helped his own cause with a 2 run homer, Christian greene went 4-4, and Michael Knight was 2-3 . With the win LA raises their record to 7-6.

Of particular note is how our younger players have stepped up to fill the holes left by our injury situation. We are down to 10 healthy bodies, and while we may get some of our starters back by playoff time, right now it's pretty tight.

I just want to say to the Crusaders; keep your heads up, keep fighting hard to be the best you can be. The LA family is behind you and we will always be there to cheer you on!
"I AM WAR. I TAKE THEM ALL. I MAKE THEIR MOTHERS CRY. I HAVE NO MERCY. I AM WAR." GSGT BOB LEE ( BOB THE NAILER ) SWAGGER.
wesley
All-American

Re: scores for the week of 4/12

Postby NAFAN » Tue Apr 13, 2010 10:50 am

Softball
JV
Newberry Academy - 9
WW King - 8

Varsity
Newberry Academy - 3
WW King - 0
NAFAN
JV

Postby EagleMan52 » Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:05 pm

Varsity Softball

Florence Christian 6
Wilson Hall 4 F/10

FC's Leanna Purvis hit a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the Eagles.

JV Softball

Florence Christian 9
Wilson Hall 8
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby generals » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:44 pm

wow!! 10-inning game must have been exciting to watch.

Baseball:

TSA - 6
Holly Hill - 4

This appeared to be a laugher at first, but turned into a great game. TSA picked up where they left off in the Spring Break Tournament (scoring 63 runs in 5 games) and teed off the first two innings and had a 5-0 lead. It should have been a lot worse as TSA left the bases loaded both innings. They left the bases loaded a third time in the 5th, and I had them leaving 13 runners on base in 6 at bats.

Holly Hill scored 4 in the top of the third to make it a 5-4 game. It stayed that way until the 6th, where TSA added an insurance run on a passed ball. It got real interesting in that 6th inning, but I won't say what happened as not to tip anyone off should TSA choose to do it again. I'll just say it involved a player in the outfield that shook Holly Hill up and forced the wild pitch that scored the run. After the season ends, I'll say what happened. It's something I've never seen and was something no one would ever think about doing unless they've seen it before. It caused 3 consecutive arguments with the Holly Hill coach and the umpires.

Matt Brown pitched a complete game for the Generals. He got hit pretty hard in that 3rd inning, but pitched his way out of trouble all night. He gave up a lead-off walk in the 7th, and fell behind 3-1 on the second batter before inducing a nice 5-4-3 double play.

TSA hosts Wilson Hall Thursday (hopefully we'll play better this time) before hosting Colleton Prep on Friday in another key region game.
generals
Varsity

Postby generals » Tue Apr 13, 2010 9:49 pm

BTW, does SCISA have the team records posted anywhere? I'd like to see our region standings as we've had several teams beating each other. I'm pretty sure Dorchester has pretty much wrapped up the region, but the battle for second with Holly Hill, TSA, Calhoun, and Colleton may be pretty close.
generals
Varsity

Postby STGRaider » Tue Apr 13, 2010 11:19 pm

generals wrote:BTW, does SCISA have the team records posted anywhere? I'd like to see our region standings as we've had several teams beating each other. I'm pretty sure Dorchester has pretty much wrapped up the region, but the battle for second with Holly Hill, TSA, Calhoun, and Colleton may be pretty close.

Just out of common knowledge DA took 1st with this HHA lost. DA is 6-1 and HHA is 5-2 in region play. It will most likely come down to when HHA comes to dorchester next tuesday, giving that DA beats St. johns on thurs and HHA beats calhoun.
DA beat calhoun tonight 4-1
STGRaider
Freshman

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 am

[quote="EagleMan52"]Varsity Softball

Florence Christian 6
Wilson Hall 4 F/10

FC's Leanna Purvis hit a walk-off grand slam in the bottom of the 10th to win it for the Eagles.

It was indeed very exciting to watch. Nothing more satisfying than a senior stepping up with the game on the line and delivering as she is supposed to do. Now it's time to hit the road and keep it going. Next five are away from "The Nest."
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby generals » Wed Apr 14, 2010 1:50 am

STGRaider wrote:Just out of common knowledge DA took 1st with this HHA lost. DA is 6-1 and HHA is 5-2 in region play. It will most likely come down to when HHA comes to dorchester next tuesday, giving that DA beats St. johns on thurs and HHA beats calhoun.
DA beat calhoun tonight 4-1

Unless HH losses both games, we have no shot at second. Even if the tie-breaker goes to run differential, HH has us anyways. I guess it's going to come down to us, Calhoun, and Colleton for 3rd-5th. We're 4-4 and I'm pretty sure both Calhoun and Colleton have at least 4 themselves. If we beat Colleton Friday and St. John's Monday and Calhoun loses to Holly Hill, we should finish 3rd.

Considering we've never been real competitive in baseball, we have a new coaching staff, lost pretty much our entire starting line-up (only returned 2 regular starters) and all the major pitching to graduation, and losing one of our better pitchers this season I'll be very happy with 3rd. Hopefully we can stay hot and make a little noise in the play-offs. Quick question; is it the top 3 or top 4 that goes to the playoffs?
generals
Varsity

Postby OldSchool Pinewood » Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:34 am

Tuesday High School Sports Scores
Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Boys Soccer

PORTER-GAUD 5, NORTHWOOD ACADEMY 1

Goals: PG: Stitt 2, Lovern 2, Grice. NA: Thomas. Records: PG 12-2; NA 5-5. Next: Porter-Gaud hosts Hilton Head Christian Monday; Northwood at James Island Christian Tuesday.

PINEWOOD 6, HILTON HEAD PREP 2

Goals: Pinewood: Ferro, Shields, White 4. Record: Pinewood 11-9. Next: Pinewood at Bishop England Friday.

CATHEDRAL ACADEMY 3, JAMES ISLAND CHRISTIAN 0

Goals: Cowart 2, Spellman. Shutout: Nasce. Records: CA 6-6. Next: CA hosts Military Magnet Friday.

Girls Soccer

PINEWOOD 5, HILTON HEAD PREP 0

Goals: PW: Fish 3, Angotti-Smith, Bleier. Shutout: Patton. Record: PW 11-6, 8-0. Next: Pinewood vs. Westminster (Augusta) Thursday.

PORTER-GAUD 4 NORTHWOOD ACADEMY 0

Records: Carmody, Koon, Neismith, Allen. Shutout: Woodhead. Records: PG 7-4, NA 0-7. Next: Porter-Gaud at Orangeburg Prep Friday; Northwood at First Baptist Monday.

FIRST BAPTIST 2, JAMES ISLAND CHRISTIAN 0

Goals: Hoffman, Orr. Shutout: Rourk. Records: FB 4-4. Next: FB at Northwood Tuesday.

Boys Golf

Teams: PINEWOOD 302, PORTER-GAUD 309, HILTON HEAD PREP 312, HILTON HEAD CHRISTIAN 325, NORTHWOOD 338. Medalist: Chandler Vilcheck (HHC) 72. Site: Cassique.

Baseball

FIRST BAPTIST 19, BIBLE BAPTIST (GA.) 1

First Baptist 560 8--18 14 1

Bible Baptist 100 0-- 1 2 5

WP--Walker. LP--Lavoic. Record: FB 11-6. Next: FB at Beaufort Thursday. Notes: Collins (FB) 2-4, 2 HRs, 5 RBIs; Rhodes (FB) 2-2; Morris (FB) 2-4, 4 RBIs.

Softball

NORTHWOOD ACADEMY 11, BISHOP ENGLAND 0

Northwood Academy 000 56--11 13 0

Bishop England 000 00-- 0 3 2

WP--Luff (5-1). LP--Works. Records: NA 7-1. Next: Northwood hosts Thomas Heyward Thursday. Notes: Graham 2-3, Luff 2-3 2 RBIs, Klinar 2-3 3 RBIs.

PINEWOOD 18, ASHLEY HALL 5

Pinewood 440 19--18

Ashley Hall 002 30-- 5

WP--Eckley. LP--Do. Record: PW 8-7, AH 0-5.

Monday high School Sports Scores
Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Boys Soccer

CATHEDRAL ACADEMY 5, GARRETT TECH 2

Goals: C: Jacob Adams, Wesley Duckett, Michael Spellman 2, Aaron Monahan; G: Aaron Moore 2. Records: Garrett Tech 6-4, Cathedral 5-6.

BEAUFORT ACADEMY 5, FIRST BAPTIST 3

Goals: BA: Akers 2, Cospernaes 2, Chahin; FB: Gambel 3.

Girls Soccer

CARDINAL NEWMAN 5, ASHLEY HALL 0

Records: AH 2-8. Next: Academic Magnet at Ashley Hall Wednesday.

Baseball

ACADEMIC MAGNET 12, PORTER-GAUD 3

WP--Hesslink (2-1). LP--Dodenhoff (0-1). Records: AM 8-7; PG 2-10. Next: Hardeeville at Academic Magnet Friday; Hilton Head Prep at Porter-Gaud Wednesday. Note: Austelle (AM) 3-for-5, HR, 4 RBIs.

FIRST BAPTIST 4, NORTHWOOD ACADEMY 0

WP--Morris (3-1). LP--Walls (3-2). Records: FB 10-6; NA 13-5. Next: Northwood at Thomas Heyward today; First Baptist at Bible Baptist today. Notes: Morris (FB) 2-hit shutout; Hendricks (FB) 2-for-4, RBI; K.Collins (FB) 2-for-3; Graham (NA) 2-for-2.

Softball

NORTHWOOD ACADEMY 4, ORANGEBURG PREP 0

WP--Luff (4-1). LP--Bonnette. Records: NA 6-1. Next: Northwood at Bishop England today. Notes: Luff and Graham (NA) combined for no-hitter; Jordan, Thompson 2-for-3; Klinar HR.

Boys Golf

PANTHER INVITATIONAL TOURNAMENT

Teams (Final): PINEWOOD 591, HILTON HEAD HIGH 610, WEST FLORENCE HIGH 619, A.C. FLORA HIGH 619, HILTON HEAD PREP 629, ASHLEY RIDGE HIGH 657, HILTON HEAD CHRISTIAN 672, SUMMERVILLE HIGH 674, BROOKLAND-CAYCE HIGH 716. Medalist: Austin Cody (PW) 139. All-Tournament picks: Evans (PW), Eichelsbacher (HHP), Tate Hoisington (HHHS)
OldSchool Pinewood
Varsity

Postby EagleMan52 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:59 am

Softball

Florence Christian 6 Wilson Hall 4 (10)
FLORENCE — Leanna Purvis hit a walkoff grand slam as the Eagles rallied from a two-run deficit to win in 10 innings.
WH 000 200 000 2 — 4 5 0
FC 000 101 000 4 — 6 7 4
WP — Sarah Ham (3 IP, 0 ER, 3 K)
LP — Ansley Ard (9 1/3 ip, 7 h, 5 er, 8 k, 3B
LEADING HITTERS — Ham 3-3; Leanna Purvis 1-3 HR, 4 RBI
RECORD: FC 9-7, 2-2
NEXT GAME: FC is at Dillon Christian on Thursday at 5 p.m.

Carolina Academy 13 Marlboro Academy 3 (6)
LAKE CITY — Bryant McKlendon homered and drove in three runs for the Bobcats who run-ruled Marlboro Academy.
Emily McElveen doubled, tripled and drove in two RBI for Carolina.
MA 200 010 — 3 6 2
CA 410 152 — 13 14 3
WP — Scarlett Boyd (7-1, 5 1/3 IP, ER, 4 H, 7 K, 2 BB)
LP — Quick (4 2/3 IP, 11 R, 11 H, 2 K, 4 BB)
LEADING HITTERS — CA: Emily McElveen 2-4, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI; Bryant McKlendon 1-2, HR, 3 RBI; Boyd 2-3, RBI; Samantha Sparrow 2-3; Sydney Weatherford 2-3; Allison Rhodes 3-4; Rebecca Truluck 2-4; MA: Quick 2-3; English 2-3, 2 RBI
RECORD: CA 17-6, 8-0
NEXT GAME: Carolina hosts a team from New York today at 5 p.m.

Baseball

Florence Christian 7 Robert E. Lee 6
BISHOPVILLE — Caleb Roth drove in two runs and picked up the save as the Eagles defeated the Cavaliers.
FC 110 131 0 — 7 7 5
REL 100 000 5 — 6 7 3
WP — Brandon Baggett (6 1/3 IP 5 ER, 7 H, 3 BB, 5 K)
LP — Gardner (5 IP, 6 R, 6 H, 2 BB, K)
SV — Caleb Roth
LEADING HITTERS — FC: Michael Wilson 2-3; Teddy Allred 2-2 2 RBI; Caleb Roth 1-2 2 RBI; Jacob Tedder 1-2 2 RBI. REL: Gardner 2-4; King 2-3; Lopez 1-1 HR, 3 RBI
RECORD: FC 8-3, 3-3
NEXT GAME: FC hosts Williamsburg on Thursday.

Boys Soccer

The King’s Academy 6 The Byrnes Schools 0
QUINBY — Daniel Miele had three goals and Chase Miles added two assists as the Lions recorded their eighth shutout in nine games this season.
GOALS: Daniel Miele 3, Tim 1, Hunter Haynes, Ethan Billingsley
ASSISTS: Chase Miles 2, Zach Taylor, Miele.
RECORD: TKA 9-0, 7-0
NEXT GAME: TKA is at Dillon Christian on Thursday at 6 p.m.

Trinity Collegiate 8 Dillon Christian 1
DARLINGTON — Oliver Hubbard scored five goals for the second night in a row to lead Trinity past Dillon Christian.
Josh Pruett made four saves for the Titans.
GOALS — TC: Oliver Hubbard 5; Daniel Young 2; Jesse Motte 1.
ASSISTS — TC: Seiya Miyata 1; Young 1; Christian Carey 2.
KEEPER SAVES — TC: Josh Pruett 4.
RECORD: TC 7-6, 5-2
NEXT MATCH: Trinity travels to Wilson Hall on Thursday for a 6 p.m. match.

Girls Soccer

Trinity Collegiate 8 Emmanuel Christian 0
DARLINGTON — Three different Titan players each had two goals in the victory over Emmanuel.
GOALS: Janie Fuller 2, Hannah Hopewell 2, Anna Weller 2, Madi Smith, Rebecca Leviner
ASSISTS: Leviner 2, Fuller
KEEPER SAVES: Mary Stuart Jernigan 3
RECORD: TC 10-1, 3-0; EC 7-4
NEXT GAME: Trinity hosts Low Country Prep at 4:30 p.m.
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Next

Return to SCISA