S.C. 8-Man Football State Rankings

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: S.C. 8-Man Football State Rankings

Postby Jaybird » Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:00 pm

FICS plays who we can,it dont matter who or where.We have 6 or 7 players that started varsity games from 4a to 1a,so they've played games at Dorman,Greenwood,Clinton and anywhere in between.So ANY 8-man venue around,Laurens Academy,WW KING,Jefferson Davis etc.is nothing to them.Most of the Falcon players are good friends that played rec.ball together all the way up.They just found a better opportunity to better themselves spiritually, to enhance their education and play sports together.FICS can't play L.A.,so the ones at FICS from Laurens County will pull for the Crusaders.
Jaybird
Freshman

Postby FallenRaider » Mon Oct 11, 2010 4:16 am

You mean a better opportunity to start rather than sit on a bench and watch.
(SCACS rules allow any player from public schools to walk on and start at any time?)
FallenRaider
Freshman

Postby dawgfan71 » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:41 am

If I remember correctly Laurens Academy tried to play 11 man football and learned that they are not that good. Its funny that since they couldn't win they decided to drop back down to the 8 man game.

YOu tried and failed! so now all you can do is try to talk smack!
dawgfan71
JV

Postby Jaybird » Mon Oct 11, 2010 10:51 am

Fallen Raider?That sounds like what happened to you or your kid.Well as a Raider,you didn't have far to fall. :D sorry I'm a Clinton Red Devil.I've seen L.A.this year,the qb. and wr. can play,but the rest couldn't start at any Laurens County middle school.Sorry just calling it like I see it.These FICS boys were PLAYING on Friday nights as 10th graders.
Jaybird
Freshman

Postby wesley » Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:02 am

dawgfan71 wrote:If I remember correctly Laurens Academy tried to play 11 man football and learned that they are not that good. Its funny that since they couldn't win they decided to drop back down to the 8 man game.

2 years in 11 man, 15-8 record (652 winning % ) is hardly a record of failure. And by SCISA's own requirements we NEVER exceeded the number of boys that required us to move up to 11 man. And you might want to refer to the originator of this thread as to who is talking smack.

And refer to my question about the SCACS playoffs. I already knew the answer; just wanted to allow their partisans an opportunity to come clean on the relative strengths of SCISA/SCACS vis-a vis football.
"I AM WAR. I TAKE THEM ALL. I MAKE THEIR MOTHERS CRY. I HAVE NO MERCY. I AM WAR." GSGT BOB LEE ( BOB THE NAILER ) SWAGGER.
wesley
All-American

Postby wesley » Mon Oct 11, 2010 3:21 pm

Jaybird wrote:Fallen Raider?That sounds like what happened to you or your kid.Well as a Raider,you didn't have far to fall. :D sorry I'm a Clinton Red Devil.I've seen L.A.this year,the qb. and wr. can play,but the rest couldn't start at any Laurens County middle school.Sorry just calling it like I see it.These FICS boys were PLAYING on Friday nights as 10th graders.

I'm always suprised at how obsessed you D55/D56 people are with the little school on hwy 49. You would think that the fact that you have more students in your freshman class than we have in our entire school would make us irrelevent to LHS/CHS. And truthfully , we don't care a mouse fart what goes on in D55/D56; just keeping our place up and running is enough for us.
And if those FIC players were starters at Clinton, Laurens,Hillcrest, Mauldin, JL Mann, Ware Shoals,etc aas sophmores then they certainly passed up playing in the big time to go the 8-man route.
See, compared to the SCHSL SCISA is small potatoes ( only fifty schools play football ) ; but only 2 SCACS schools play football. So where do they fall in?
"I AM WAR. I TAKE THEM ALL. I MAKE THEIR MOTHERS CRY. I HAVE NO MERCY. I AM WAR." GSGT BOB LEE ( BOB THE NAILER ) SWAGGER.
wesley
All-American

Postby loveSCISAsports » Mon Oct 11, 2010 7:04 pm

dawgfan71 wrote:If I remember correctly Laurens Academy tried to play 11 man football and learned that they are not that good. Its funny that since they couldn't win they decided to drop back down to the 8 man game.

Lots of things can happen when the playoffs start, having experience in that can be an advantage. Not sure if that ever happened for Laurens when they were 11 man.
loveSCISAsports
Freshman

Postby FallenRaider » Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:31 am

Jaybird, all i did was make a statement on the rules and you get all offended? Sounds to me this is more your case than mine. (so was the other team playing their 8th and 9th graders?)
and Dawgfan, we arent even talkin about 11 man football.. If you read the forum it says plainly 8-man Football!!!!
FallenRaider
Freshman

Postby wesley » Wed Oct 13, 2010 8:38 am

Latest HSSR 8-man power ratings.

132.6 - J. Davis Academy
126.1 - Laurens Academy
125.7 - WW King Academy
116.2 - Ft. Inn Christian

Dang, take a week off and lose our #1 ranking! Ah well, JDA and King play friday in what should be a slobber nocker throw down dog fight; so maybe LA can put enough points on the board against Wardlaw to regain our rightful place in the universe :D :D !
wesley
All-American

Postby wolves88 » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:06 am

loveSCISAsports wrote:

Laurens Academy didn't fail at 11-man football; the reason they dropped back to 8-man is their small roster size. When you don't have enough lineman to put five guys up front, does it make sense to play an 11-man schedule? Coach Kirk did what he felt was best for the program and his athletes.
wolves88
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to SCISA