[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 488: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4777: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4779: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4780: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4781: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3897)
Palmetto Football Talk | View topic - 2A Football

2A Football

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: 2A Football

Postby Young guns » Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:53 am

Young guns
JV

Postby shakenbake » Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:25 am

**Raidertalk it has been a crazy week ... I am looking forward to Friday night : ) and with that said here are ...

My SCISA Games of the Week.
The game's I most want to see.

3A - Hammond / Cardinal Newman On paper this is the only close game in 3A and I don't see an upset here. My pick ... H

2A - Spartanburg Christian / Robert E Lee This has the makings of a great game in the North. These may not be the top teams in the region, but an SCA win pretty much locks them in as the third seed in the play-offs and sets up REL for a showdown with TSA for the final slot. REL is playing better than they have in years, but SCA is too deep and talented for REL. My pick ... SCA

2A - Hilton Head Prep / Northwood This match in the South is similar to the northern REL and SCA match. It's only week 5, but the winner of this game is in good position to make the play-offs and the loser is going to be hard pressed to make the play-offs at all. Northwood likes to air it out and HHP isn't afraid to throw it either. This is a pretty even match, but Northwood will make a few more mistakes. My pick ... HHP

1A - Williamsburg / Florence Christian WA knocked off a 2A South giant early in the season (PCA). Now they can kill a northern giant. FCS is similar to PCA in that they have some razzle dazzle players, but FCS is a better team fundamentally - bigger - deeper- stronger. WA will play solid, but this time the giant will not fall. My pick ... FCS

Honorable Mention Game

Calhoun Academy / Dorchester Are the gentlemen knights from St. Matthews ready for a trip into Raider land? I picked Dorchester in an upset last week. Should I do it again? This is a rivalry match ... anything could happen, but the Cavaliers are well armed and have plenty of horses. No upset this week. My pick ... CA

I Don't Have To See - But Want to Know the Score Games

King's Academy / Dillon Christian This is sort of like Mediterranean Avenue vs Baltic Avenue (dark purple on the Monopoly Board). Having said that ... although the teams are weaker ... the match is pretty even and that's the recipe for a good game. Weird fact ... this is their second meeting of the year. DCS won round one at home ... This time it's at the Kings. My pick in a teeny tiny upset...KA

Go ahead post! What is(are) your game(s) of the week?
Last edited by shakenbake on Fri Sep 27, 2013 11:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
shakenbake
Freshman

Postby Raidertalk » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:35 am

/quote]"Honorable Mention Game

Calhoun Academy / Dorchester Are the gentlemen knights from St. Matthews ready for a trip into Raider land? I picked Dorchester in an upset last week. Should I do it again? This is a rivalry match ... anything could happen, but the Cavaliers are well armed and have plenty of horses. No upset this week. My pick ... CA"[quote]

Shakenbake, where's the love? After last weeks upset call I thought you were on board the train. Well maybe, If DA gets one more upset this week you will get a ticket and ride the train with us. Should be a great game tonight and a large crowd. I will be posting updates good or bad throughout the game. Hopefully more good than bad.
Raidertalk
Varsity

Postby shakenbake » Fri Oct 04, 2013 6:21 pm

3A - Wilson Hall / Orangeburg Prep What can I say that hasn't already been said. Both are having great years, ...Wilson Hall has a great quarterback. OP has a great receiver. Both have good running backs. Neither team likes to give up points. In the end I look at the common opponents. My pick ... WH

2A - Calhoun / Hilton Head Prep This is an out of region game for CA, but after the loss last week this is a key tune up before facing FCA next week in the showdown for the north. Creekmore played hurt last week and spent all last Saturday with the orthopaedic surgeon getting x-rays ... it came out clean...but he's healing. The HHP back Daly is another good one. If Creekmore goes tonight My pick .... CA and if he doesn't go my pick...HHP.

2A - Florence Christian / Spartanburg Christian This is a big region match in the North. The only reason I don't have it as my one and only game to watch in 2A is that I think FCS is going to win handily. Nevertheless, this is a big region match. SCA has the size and depth to hang with FCS ... I just don't think they will. This is a tune up for FCS as they prepare to CA next week. FCS has a good back in Washington. I don't think SCA has anyone to compare. My pick ... FCS

1A - Dorchester / Colleton Prep This is a big match in 1A. Raidertalk asked me where the love was for Dorchester last week. Here it comes. CP is solid, but Dorchester is a tough bunch and they will find a way. Dorchester has several guys who can bite you... last week it was their full back Collier who in my opinion, unexpectedly led the team in rushing coming up the middle on traps and counters. The Raiders are just better. My pick...DA

Honorable Mention Game

Augusta Christian / Laurence Manning Augusta Christian has tons of talent and is the defending state champion. Laurence Manning may not have as much talent or the repuation, but hey can rise up and they are getting it done this year. On the road in an upset ... LM

I Don't Have To See - But Want to Know the Score Games

Palmetto Christian / Bible Baptist Both of these teams play wide open offenses that spread the field. That's a fun kind of game to watch and there should be some fireworks. My pick ... PCA

Kings Academy / Oakbrook Prep Somebody is going to win game. Both of these teams have had a tough year so far. It's hard to say which team will win. My pick .... Toss Up

Northwood / Williamsburg Williamsburg plays solid fundamental ball and this makes them strong early in the season. Sometimes more talented teams need more time to settle in. I think Northwood is a team that is just now finding it's groove. My pick ... NA

shakenbake
Freshman

Postby Raidertalk » Fri Oct 04, 2013 7:05 pm

Thanks for the love. Hope we do the work to make the prediction come true.
Raidertalk
Varsity

Postby shakenbake » Fri Oct 18, 2013 2:24 pm

3A - Cardinal Newman / Porter Gaud These teams are pretty even. Offense versus Defense . PG has put up a lot of points this year, but defense wins championships. These teams are pretty even ... offense versus defense. The numbers are telling CN has given up 142 - PG has given up a staggering 276. My pick ... CN

2A - HHCA / THA Man oh Man ... Monster Game in the South Region. A re-match of last years state championship. HHCA is on the road, and THA is favored, but THA has a few holes. Upset Special ... HHCA

2A - Northwood / PCA Monster Game 2 in the South Region. This is going to be a great game. Northwood is tough and they can handle PCA. I think PCA may have the better player, but I think Northwood has the better team. In a close one and an upset ... Northwood.

1A - Williamsburg / Holly Hill This is a big match in 1A. As it stands these are the two best teams in 1A. Holly Hill has enough to get it done, but they could use some help from WA. WA doesn't tend to make mistakes and if they do Holly Hill will make them pay. My pick...WA

Honorable Mention Game
Calhoun / Robert E Lee This is another big game and will determine who has home field advantage in the play-offs as the 2A north #2 seed. REL is having their best season in years with a steady QB and Calhoun hasn't been healthy or steady in several weeks, but CA is healing up. My pick ... CA

I Don't Have To See - But Want to Know the Score Game
Bible Baptist/ Colleton Prep Bible Baptist has been struggling some as more of a one dimensional team. Colleton Preps is another one of those ... every team has a great player, but a good team can beat a great player groups and because of that, My pick ... Colleton Prep.

shakenbake
Freshman

Postby J1871 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 12:05 pm

Trying to get a handle on potential playoff matchups. I understand that FCS has clinched its region, but where the rest of the region stacks up is unclear (mostly because not all results have been posted here in the Lowcountry).

In our region HHCA has clinched, even though a THA win next Friday vs. PCA and a HHP victory over HHCA would tie the records (HHCA won head to head matchup with THA). Standings as of 10/25 games are:
HHCA 3-0
THA 2-1
NA 2-2
PCA 1-2
HHP 0-3

HHCA and HHP square off Friday, PCA travels to THA, Northwood has completed its region schedule.

Can we get some help on the other region standings?
J1871
Varsity

Postby shakenbake » Mon Oct 28, 2013 12:03 am

The South is easy if possibility 1 happens.
Possibility 1
1. HHC over HHP 4-0
2. THA over PCA 3-1
3. NA finished 2-2
4. PCA loss to THA 1-3
5. HHP loss to HHC 0-4

The South is complicated if possibility 2 happens and THA loses to PCA.
Possibility 2
1. HHC loss to HHP 3-1
2. PCA win over THA 2-2 They beat THA and lose to NA
3. NA finished 2-2 They beat PCA and lose to THA
4. THA loss to PCA 2-2 They beat NA and lose to PCA
5. HHP win over HHC 1-3

In possibility 2 - THA, NA, and PCA all finish 2-2. They all beat HHP and all lost to HHC. They each lost one and won one versus each other??? Now what? Out of conference record? Margin of victory in the conference? Draw straws? Margin of victory versus each other?

The North is simple the TSA-REL winner is the 4 seed and the loser is out.
1. FCS win over TKA 5-0
2. CA win over Oakbrook 4-1
3. SCA finished 3-2
4. REL win over TSA 2-3
loss to TSA 1-4
5. TSA win over REL 2-3
loss to REL 1-4
6. TKA loss to FCA 0-5

If South possibility 1 happens and REL/TSA wins in the North the first round looks like this ...

PCA at FCS
NA at CA
REL(TSA) at HHC
SCA at THA

If Possibility 2 happens in the South the question is how the seeding will be determined between the three 2-2 teams?
Last edited by shakenbake on Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
shakenbake
Freshman

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:33 pm

Directly from the Football Blue Book:

Tie Breakers: Regions shall use the following system to break ties in standings:
(1) If two teams are tied, the winner of the game between the schools will have the higher standing.
(2) If three or more teams are tied, and one of the teams has defeated the other two teams, that team will be seeded higher. The point
system shall be used to break the remaining tie.
(3) If after using the Point System, two teams remain tied, the winner of the game between those teams will receive the higher
standing.
(4) If after using the Point System, three or more teams remain tied, the teams will play a round robin using the Ten Yard Line
Overtime Procedure. Points scored will accumulate. The team with the most points will receive the higher standing.
(5) If the Point System determines first and second place, the seasonal game between between the two teams will not be considered (in
the case of a three-way or more tie)
SCISA Football Point System
The Point System applies only to Region Games. The Winner shall receive Ten (10) points for the victory plus one (1) point for each
marginal point, not to exceed fifteen (15) points. The loser receives no points.

That would suggest to me the point system comes into play if Possibility 2 comes to fruition.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby shakenbake » Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:27 pm

Remember Scenario 1 is easy if THA wins ... it's HHC, THA, NA, PCA
Scenario 2 is hard if PCA wins ... it's HHC and 3 Way Tie (NA, THA, PCA)

OK So How does the point system solve this?

(2) If three or more teams are tied, and one of the teams has defeated the other two teams, that team will be seeded higher. The point system shall be used to break the remaining tie...Which is considering the margin of victory of all conference games ... NOT TO EXCEED15 points in any game

If Palmetto Christian beats THA we have a three way tie, BUT "one of the teams WILL NOT have defeated the other two" ... so off to the point system we go...

PCA 2-2 - 6pts over HHP, 0pts loss to NA, 0pts loss to HHC, ?pts if win over THA
NA 2-2 - 0pts loss HHC, 15pts over HHP, 15pts over PCA, 0pts loss THA
THA 2-2 - 6pts over HHP, 0pts loss HHC, 8pts over NA, 0pts if lose to PCA setting up a 3 way tie ...

If PCA beats THA Friday ...
NA has 30 points and is the #2 seed without question.
THA has 14 if they lose they get no more points and finish with 14 points. And if they win they finish ahead of Northwood by victories not points.
PCA has 6 points now and if they win by 9 or more they move up to 3rd with more points than THA and PCA wins by 7 or less they finish 4th with less points than THA. If PCA wins by 8 I suppose it's that play-off thing???

Soooo....Here we go this is how the South will finish using the three likely scenarios with marginal points...
Possibility 1
(1)HHCA
(2)THA if THA wins
(3)NA
(4)PCA if PCA loses

Possiblity 2
(1)HHCA
(2)NA
(3)THA if lose by 7 or less
(4)PCA if win by 7 or less

Possiblity 3
(1)HHCA
(2)NA
(3)PCA if win by 9 or more
(4)THA if lose by 9 or more

This is how the play-off picture looks using those three scenarios ....
Possiblity 1 if THA wins
(4)TSA/REL at (1)HHC
(4)PCA at (1)FCS
(3)NA at (2)CA
(3)SCA at (2)THA

Possibility 2 THA loses NA is South 2nd seed on marginal points
(4)TSA/REL at (1)HHC
(4)PCA if win by 7 or less at (1)FCS
(3)THA is lose by 7 or less at (2)CA
(3)SCA at (2)NA

Possibility 3 THA loses NA is South 2nd seed on marginal points
(4)TSA/REL at (1)HHC