AAA baseball question

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

AAA baseball question

Postby cnc » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:16 pm

With the three different regions having a different number of teams ( 4/5/6) how are the playoff teams determined? Is it a certain number from each region that are guaranteed to make it based on region play only? Since you don't play many teams from other regions, i would guess head to head outside your region would not matter.
cnc
JV

Re: AAA baseball question

Postby old south » Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:27 pm

If you can figure this one out - please let us all know.
I believe I am correct in saying that SCISA does not have a written procedure to determine spots or qualifications for the playoffs. I have seen teams go undefeated in region play only to lose a #1 spot due to losses to non-scisa teams.
Last year, two lower state teams got the two #1 spots while other teams, maybe WH/LMA/HA, had better overall records and league play records.
Who is on first?
old south
Freshman

Postby Roy g Biv » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:15 pm

I think the 4 teams that will get byes are Hammond,LMA, Pinewood and Wilson Hall. The winners from each of the three regions and the #2 team from the WH/LMA region.
Roy g Biv
Freshman

Postby cnc » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:06 am

how about the other teams that get in? do you know if it is based strickly on region record or over all record.
cnc
JV

Postby Roy g Biv » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:27 pm

I think region records play a big part and and records against common opponents. Take the top 3 teams in each region and then compare records of the bottom teams from each. 12 teams make it out of 15 in AAA.
Roy g Biv
Freshman

Postby cnc » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:49 pm

so the top 4 get a bye in the first round? 5 plays 12, 6 plays 11 etc?
cnc
JV

Return to SCISA