Weekly Softball Poll

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: Weekly Softball Poll

Postby SaintsSoftball » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:14 pm

NAFAN wrote:1A

Heading into spring break for alot of clubs. My personal weekly poll looks like this:

1) CP
2) Laurens
3) Clarendon Hall
4) JDA
5) Wardlaw
6) King
7) Newberry
8) Patrick Henry
9) Cathedral Academy
10) Trinity Byrnes
11) St Johns
12) Andrew Jackson
13) Anderson

I still think that positions 8-13 will beat nobody but themselves. King and Newberry might be able to disturb Wardlaw, but it is doubtful. Laurens has an easy path to a region championship now that Wardlaw has been put down. That usually means a first round bye or easy first round at state. It will be interesting to see how CH and JDA play each other this year. I can't find anything on Cathedral, Trinity or St Johns. Maybe CH can help shed some light?

Cathedral, Trinity & St Johns mirror each other.. Decent pitching & pretty good hitting but if you put the ball in play enough they'll figure out how to give you enough runs to win. Pitching gets weaker as the game gets longer. If either could play error free defense they could surprise a team or two in the tournament (Not including the top 3 or 4). Now that I've seen JDA & CH play, either one of these two could be playing CP for the State Championship. Still to many if's to say who'll be facing CP in the big series. All depends on who's on what side of the bracket. I know what CH can bring to the table when their backs are against the wall. Not sure about the other top 2 Laurens & JDA. I do know JDA can hit & if they get hot at the right time they will be trouble for most teams in the tournament. CP is just loaded with power pitching great defense & awesome offense. It'll take something out of the ordinary to beat them "Twice" to knock them out. Just don't see it happening =( So for right now my Poll is this

1) CP
2) Clarendon Hall
3) JDA
4) Laurens
5) Wardlaw (Still think Parker & this crowd will have something to say in the tournament)
6) King
7) Newberry
8) Patrick Henry
9) Cathedral Academy
10) Trinity Byrnes
11) St Johns
12) Andrew Jackson
13) Anderson
SaintsSoftball
Freshman

Re: Weekly Softball Poll

Postby NAFAN » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:51 pm

There were 8 teams at the tournament last year. This year, I see CP being the lower state 1, and Laurens being the upper state 1. I could see region 1 and 2 getting three teams and the other regions getting the other two spots or the 4 seeds. I think CH will be in the LA side of the bracket as the 2 and Wardlaw in the CP side of the bracket as the 2. So, maybe CH gets King in the first round and Wardlaw gets JDA. Should be fun no matter what! :D
NAFAN
JV

Previous

Return to SCISA