Division/Region Rankings

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: Division/Region Rankings

Postby sandy » Sun Feb 03, 2013 7:30 pm

RWA FAN wrote:MIKE FANNING DOESNT LIKE RWA.....IT GOES BACK ABOUT 20 YEARS WHEN RWA USED TO BEAT CALHOUN ACADEMY LIKE A DRUM AND HE HAD KIN FOLKS AT CA.....SO HE IS GETTING BACK AT RWA NOW....ANY WAY HE CAN!!!!!

I do know Mike was not to crazy about me as a coach. I dared to question any of the decisions he would want to make at coaches meetings. I also remember we were in 2A and Calhun was pulled down from 3A and put in our region. They had a catcher and pitcher that were seniors. One was signning to play for Lander I think. The catcher was to play at Mississippi State. They beat us in a playoff game for the region championship. They finished runner-up in the state. Next year one of my pitchers pitched 2 perfect games against them. We were in 1A because of student numbers. Where they went after that I really do not know. Do not keep up with them. After we were wiping up in 1A Mike met me at state tournament and tried to talk me into going back to 2A. I am like we were put in 1A because if attendance and now you want me to play up because teams were afraid to play us. Give me a break. Don't change the rules just when you feel like it. But I am sure he is glad I am gone. It is funny how the system works. Just kiss butts and throw money out there and you can get what you want!!
sandy
Freshman

Previous

Return to SCISA