Division/Region Rankings

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: Division/Region Rankings

Postby bballfan28 » Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:32 am

It should also be pointed out that HHES has one of their key starters out due to a broken hand. My understanding is that his cast will be removed on Friday just in time for the HHES CN round 1 at Heathwood. If you look at Tyler's stats they are right up their with Singeltary, thus HHES should only get stronger. As for CN, they have had the worst luck in preseason, Ajukwa out with a dislocated ankle, Halfacre injured prior to their 1st game, flu, etc,. They had only 6 players at one point and a JV player was pulled up for a couple of games just to fill the bench. This week Parker, the new point guard, has been out, missing 2 games so far, due to sickness. We are not sure when he will be back. He was one of the ones with the flu earlier in the season as well. Not to mention Ragin (PG/G) another starter, was out for a few of their games secondary to a concussion he obtained during their first game with Florence Christian. A healthy team for both CN and HHES will make a difference, and the region should be a battlefield for 1st place. I haven't seen Augusta Christian play yet this season, but look forward to seeing them. They have three players that are juniors I believe, who can **** Hammond is impressive, but I don't think they are unbeatable. Actually, I don't feel in our region any team is unbeatable. I can't speak for the other regions, but I can say that our region will be crazy!
bballfan28
Freshman

Postby 1Ahoopfan » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:42 pm

dolphindan1 wrote:
1Ahoopfan wrote:In 1A, nothing has changed to think that anyone but Christian Academy will ultimately cut down the nets...... But Laurens has definitely been a surprise in that they appear to be the top team from Region2, with Newberry a step down from where they had been expected to be. Region 3 should be the most competitive Region, as St. John's is not as good as I expected them to be...... They are talented, but I have been dissappointed in their effort level when I have seen them, and I think they may end up even third in this region. I think Faith is the favorite at this point, and Coastal might sneak up on St. Johns as well.

This has been posted in the St Johns Locker room...Way to fire them boys up...I believe St Johns plays Christian academy on Saturday...so I guess we will see then...The only thing that may hold St Johns back is they are missing their stud PG to injury...We will see how it plays out

From their recent scores, it does appear that they are now playing up to their talent level (which is significant!) As stated, they SHOULD be the best team in their Region, and compete with CAMB for state...... The fact that they ARE able to "turn it on" only confirms my point that I had been disappointed in their effort.

Glad I could help!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
1Ahoopfan
Freshman

Postby OBC12 » Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:44 pm

Varsity Boys -
Christian Academy of Myrtle Beach 55
St. John's Christian Academy 35
CAMB Varsity Girls defeat SJCA in OT
& CAMB JV Boys defeat SJCA.
OBC12
Freshman

Postby dolphindan1 » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:37 am

OBC12 wrote:Varsity Boys -

SJCA boys should of and can beat the CAMB's JV...but only if they learn how to handle the press at all positions...My son is on SJCA's JV squad and they kinda fold when they go against an aggressive full court press...they have lost 2 or 3 games...2 were because of the press and 1 was because of a bad shooting night...they have 7 sophmores so they should be better agaainst it...they have good size and speed and good shooting and play great together...they go against the varsity day in and day out in practice so not sure what the issue is with the press...I cant quite put my finger on it...

not that JV means much
dolphindan1
JV

Postby docgibbons » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:50 am

dolphindan1 wrote:

SJCA boys should of and can beat the CAMB's JV...but only if they learn how to handle the press at all positions...My son is on SJCA's JV squad and they kinda fold when they go against an aggressive full court press...they have lost 2 or 3 games...2 were because of the press and 1 was because of a bad shooting night...they have 7 sophmores so they should be better agaainst it...they have good size and speed and good shooting and play great together...they go against the varsity day in and day out in practice so not sure what the issue is with the press...I cant quite put my finger on it...

not that JV means much

How do you have 7 sophmores on JV and still play 8-man football? We are in a 2A region, and we have to pull freshman up to varsity to have enough people to have a team - and we still barely make the cutoff for 8-man football.
docgibbons
All-American

Postby dolphindan1 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:18 am

docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:

not that JV means much

How do you have 7 sophmores on JV and still play 8-man football? We are in a 2A region, and we have to pull freshman up to varsity to have enough people to have a team - and we still barely make the cutoff for 8-man football.

I dont believe any player on the JV basketball team played football...My son just transferred to St Johns in November so I know he didnt...Several are thinking of playing next year...we will see
dolphindan1
JV

Postby docgibbons » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:08 am

dolphindan1 wrote:
docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:

not that JV means much

I dont believe any player on the JV basketball team played football...My son just transferred to St Johns in November so I know he didnt...Several are thinking of playing next year...we will see

It doesn't matter if they play or not - if you have over 48 boys in grades 9-12, then you play 11 man. So what I'm saying is -if you have enough boys 9-12 to have 7 sophomores on JV, then you gotta have a lot of boys - unless you have nearly 100% participation, which according to you, you didn't
docgibbons
All-American

Postby gweebons » Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:43 pm

docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:
docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:

not that JV means much

It doesn't matter if they play or not - if you have over 48 boys in grades 9-12, then you play 11 man. So what I'm saying is -if you have enough boys 9-12 to have 7 sophomores on JV, then you gotta have a lot of boys - unless you have nearly 100% participation, which according to you, you didn't

sounds peculiar, but the simple thing for SCISA to do would be to publich on their website the current number of boys and the total number of girls in each member school's 9th through 12th grade. b ut then if they did that, we wouldnt have anything to bitch about
gweebons
Freshman

Postby RWA FAN » Sun Jan 27, 2013 3:02 pm

MIKE FANNING DOESNT LIKE RWA.....IT GOES BACK ABOUT 20 YEARS WHEN RWA USED TO BEAT CALHOUN ACADEMY LIKE A DRUM AND HE HAD KIN FOLKS AT CA.....SO HE IS GETTING BACK AT RWA NOW....ANY WAY HE CAN!!!!!
RWA FAN
JV

Postby dolphindan1 » Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:32 am

gweebons wrote:
docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:
docgibbons wrote:
dolphindan1 wrote:

not that JV means much

sounds peculiar, but the simple thing for SCISA to do would be to publich on their website the current number of boys and the total number of girls in each member school's 9th through 12th grade. b ut then if they did that, we wouldnt have anything to bitch about

Well the Sophmore class has 18 total students boys and girls and I believe is the biggest class..I highly doubt there are 48 boys in HS...
dolphindan1
JV

PreviousNext

Return to SCISA