Scrimmages and Jamboree's

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: Scrimmages and Jamboree's

Postby fan76 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:03 pm

Any word on St Johns and Charleston Collegiate? I also understand that PCA went up with OP. Anybody there?
fan76
Freshman

Postby hoopitup » Tue Aug 10, 2010 11:09 pm

I agree with General's post on the TSA vs BL Scrimmage. I agree that both teams had thier moments. TSA will have to work on thier coverage defense because they were outmatched especially around the corners. TSA had some really great runs but also had some problems with fumbles. The offensive and defensive lines will be fine. BL played a fairly decent game however they will have thier work cut out for them against the 3A power houses. The Tindal boys didn't play tonight. I was told that they'll be ready against LMA or Orangeburg Prep. Can't wait to see them play with the generals. Fitsgerald carried the buck of the staps and did really well. However he began to tire a little (probally from playing both sides of the ball). Tsa has to get more aggressive on onffense with thier pass plays. And thier corners has to be a little more patient on coverages and lot more aggressive tackling. Over all BL will probally finish somewhere aroung 5th in 3A and TSA should win thier region and who knows? Next stop Wilson hall.
Hard work beats talent.................When talent doesn't work hard
hoopitup
Varsity

Postby scisasportsnut » Wed Aug 11, 2010 12:08 am

Anyone who attended the wilson hall colleton prep scrimmage how did both teams look?
scisasportsnut
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 9:44 am

Anyone go to the FC/DCS scrimmage last night? I obviously did not go but got a little report from someone who did.

Not sure how this scrimmage was ran; clock, no clock, coaches control or whatever but FC jumped all over DCS. Offensively, FC scored on nearly every possession they had and defensively, didn't give up a TD. DCS only had about 15 players on the team and were huffing and puffing on about the 2nd possession which isn't good. So I don't think DCS is going to be a contender this year especially with only 15 kids out there.
I'm not going to get to excited yet as a FC fan, though I am encouraged. Still, this isn't a real good measuring stick for us right now. I know this is sorta of a bland report but hopefully someone did go and can give a better analysts of the game. I am going to try to make it to the Jamboree on Friday Night at our place and therefore I'll be able to see firsthand how far we are as team.
Last edited by EagleMan52 on Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby mytwocentsworth » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 am

DCS's board wanted to go in a new direction. Well I think they have accomplished that. Who else does DCS scrimmage?
mytwocentsworth
Freshman

Postby PeeDeeSoldier » Wed Aug 11, 2010 6:04 pm

I was there. FCS has a good team but I don't think they are championship caliber. DCS is very young and FCS only scored 2 legitimate TD's against a defense made up of mostly Sophomores and Juniors. FCS scored a 3rd touchdown on a pass play after dark (no lights....not sure why lights were not on) but the receiver made the catch and scored after a long run. DCS will not contend this year but the players we have are not quitters and they will win some games. Trust me, DCS will get it together and win some games but it's going to be a long hard road.
PeeDeeSoldier
Freshman

Postby athleticbooster8 » Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:38 pm

tb66 thank you for the report on the Hammond game. i am impressed but not surprised (if you know what i mean) at how well hammond faired. 3a public school is STILL a 3A PUBLIC SCHOOL...no matter if they played well or not. The fact is that Hammond is competitive with them and certainly from the sound of it could have easily beaten them...so i for one am impressed...(but NOT surprised)

Good report on the TSA BL game!! sounds like a few early season miscues was the difference. TSA was without a couple of key players also...that is super tough for schools our size....That real quick back BL has is indeed fast...if it is the same kid i am thinking about he is lightening quick...been playing with them several years..did you notice if their receivers were as tall as last year? or are those 2 young men gone? At any rate the thing i like most about BL is that their players have ALWAYS acted with class whether they beat our brains in (like last year) or lost a close one...but if the truth be known every SCISA team we have played for the 5 years i have been closely following has always acted with supreme class....i think it must be due to the fact that we have OUTSTANDING football coaches...
athleticbooster8
Freshman

Postby EagleMan52 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 5:27 pm

titan 3466 wrote:Eagleman, FCS website states your JV is hosting a scrimage on Thursday, do you know who they are playing? And is the JV team as good as they were last year.

I lied a few days ago, we are scrimmaging King's, my fault.
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby Highlander » Thu Aug 12, 2010 6:19 pm

A'8, You are correct regarding the SCISA Coaches. I have followed SCISA Football for 15 years and am pleased to report that the coaches are a model for others to follow.

I also want to give credit to the SCISA Administrators. If you have had an opportunity to attend a Football Championship, Basketball Playoff or State Track Meet then you know that the folks in the home office have got it down to a science. Everything is always in place.

Professional Trainers are always available and ready to respond to any injury. Facilities are clean. Lines move fast, and they have a smile for all. We are very lucky.
Highlander
Freshman

Postby titan 3466 » Thu Aug 12, 2010 11:20 pm

Eagleman I thought Kings was playing 8 man this year, how did the JV scrimage go did they play 8 man or 11.
titan 3466
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to SCISA