scisa softball

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

Re: scisa softball

Postby Softball Coach » Wed Jan 18, 2012 5:56 pm

SCISA 2A

Thomas Hayward hands down for 2012 season.

SCISA 3A

No clue. I live in the upstate and there are no 3A SCISA schools around. Most schools that could have been SCISA 3A like SOuthside Christian, St. Joseph, Christ Church have all moved to 1A because it was easier than travelling.

I bet Anderson Christian and Laurens are probably looking at going 1A at some point.
Softball Coach
JV

Postby FCS Sports Fan » Wed Jan 18, 2012 7:47 pm

In AAA, you have to consider the usual powers like Wilson Hall, Orangeburg Prep, LMA and Northwood. I really like our chances this year as well but we'll have to play to our potential. I think our region is the toughest.
My expressed opinions in no way reflect the official position of Florence Christian School, it's staff, or it's administration.
FCS Sports Fan
Varsity

Postby Softball Coach » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:11 pm

Do these school play 3A and 4A public schools? Do most SCISA schools play public schools? Just curious.
Softball Coach
JV

Postby gweebons » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:42 pm

Softball Coach wrote:SCISA 2A

Thomas Hayward hands down for 2012 season.

SCISA 3A

No clue. I live in the upstate and there are no 3A SCISA schools around. Most schools that could have been SCISA 3A like SOuthside Christian, St. Joseph, Christ Church have all moved to 1A because it was easier than travelling.

I bet Anderson Christian and Laurens are probably looking at going 1A at some point.

i predict all the Spartanburg schools currently in SCISA will move to 1A public school after the next 2 years. I think Laurens will remain in SCISA though just because of their numbers (around 240). All the Spartanburg schools have over 450 plus at each school.
gweebons
Freshman

Postby Softball Coach » Thu Jan 26, 2012 8:49 am

You are probably right. The Region 2 1A bunch seems to hover around the same enrollment year in and year out. It also seems to create multiple rivalry's in that region which is a good thing for team spirit. The Spartanburg group needs more competition that is closer so moving to 1A is probably the best route. I also think by playing schools closer is good for growing the private schools especially if you are successful in sports.
Softball Coach
JV

Postby sandy » Tue Feb 07, 2012 9:11 pm

Softball Coach, Wardlaw used to play some tough schedules, but this year no Round Robin, no Aiken Tournament. Just a poor boring schedule. Sad, Sad, Sad.
sandy
Freshman

Postby p dad » Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

sandy wrote:Softball Coach, Wardlaw used to play some tough schedules, but this year no Round Robin, no Aiken Tournament. Just a poor boring schedule. Sad, Sad, Sad.

Nothing like bashing your former school and players, eh, Ron? Sad, Sad, Sad.
P Dad
Don't let those 45 State Championship banners flying in our gym intimidate you. We do have some "runner up" awards, but we choose not to celebrate mediocrity.
p dad
Freshman

Postby sandy » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:49 pm

Well PDad, I am still setting here looking at my phone and it will not ring. Guess bashing me is easier than talking to me. Oh Well!! :P
sandy
Freshman

Postby RWA FAN » Wed Feb 22, 2012 7:56 pm

why dont you guys stay on this softball thread and bash each other and QUIT hijacking other threads....we are tired of hearing you guys bash each other on other threads!!!!!
RWA FAN
JV

Postby loveSCISAsports » Wed Feb 22, 2012 8:22 pm

sorry about that, hope the comments didn't inconvenience you too much since you must be the thread police on here. Riddle me this, would you stand up for your school if a former coach started trashing it... I suspect so.
loveSCISAsports
Freshman

PreviousNext

Return to SCISA