scisa softball

This forum is for the South Carolina Independent High School Association League. Discuss the top players, teams and games from around the state for the top private schools.

scisa softball

Postby sandy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 9:31 am

Godfather! What is the record for SCISA baseball and softball consecetive state championships in a row? You have all stats for football and basketball, now how about looking into this. Could not be that hard to do. Thanks!!
sandy
Freshman

Re: scisa softball

Postby cyclonefan11 » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:42 am

While your intent is in the right spot, I don't think you have any idea how hard it is to compile these sports records like Godfather has managed to do in football. You have to dig records from schools that no longer exist, schools that have never kept records, coaches who only call wins into the paper, etc. Football is a little easier because our state does a great job following it on a weekly basis. I would love to see our SCISA records more complete, but it will need to be a paid position (probably through SCISA) not simply a few people volunteering their time. This would be an enormous undertaking.
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Postby sc7777(godfather) » Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:50 am

Sandy: Digging up records on baseball and softball would be an impossible task. When I put together the Wardlaw athletic history years ago I only found five old score books and they were a joke. Football is alot easier to keep up with as I have done that since I was 10 years old. This coming season will my 59th year keeping football history. I am now about finished with my data base for the all time SCISA scores. I will forward them to Mr. Fanning this coming week to be put on the SCISA webpage.

My next SCISA project will be with I hope help from Mr. Fanning if he still has all the state tournament score books handy to put together all the state tournament results.

Also, back to football, if anyone has any SCISA football scores prior to 1970 please relay them to me as my data base only starts from 1970. The early years of SCISA the schools did a poor job of reporting games to The State or other statewide papers.
sc7777(godfather)
Varsity

Postby sandy » Sun Jun 12, 2011 2:55 pm

Godfather: All you really need to get are the baseball state champions each year in baseball and softball {fastpitch} which has been around since 1999. No stats just state champions for 1999 through 2011. Thanks for your time.
sandy
Freshman

Postby sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:09 am

Is there anyone out there who can do a little research on scisa baseball and softball 1A,2A,and 3A state titles in a row starting in 1999 when fastpitch began for scisa? It is strange we can come up with every stat in our football and basketball records. We have everything but how many times a player spits per quarter. Yes overkill on football and basketball records. How many stats are kept on baseball and softball? A bit bias? Yes!!! How many baseball games or softball games have any people in charge of collecting these stats have even been watched? These two sports that get out to face bigger scisa schools along with public schools. Look at Cardinal Newman,Holley Hill,Wardlaw Academy,Florence Christan,LM,CP,Newberry Academy. These are just some of many teams in baseball and softball who meet the challange. But who cares, it is not football or basketball. Same as it has been for years and years. All we are asking is a simple thing. What are the records for State championships in a row 1999 through 2011. Should not be such a grave task for someone in SCISA admin. to find out! Give a little respect to these fine programs. Thanks for someones time I hope.
sandy
Freshman

Postby cyclonefan11 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:31 am

Not sure where the great basketball records are, but I'd love to see them.. Only basketball record I've ever seen is Nancy Derrick's 4000+ points. If it is so easy, go for it sandy!I can tell you that since 1999, Porter-Gaud has won zero baseball or softball championships to the best of my knowledge. Good luck!
cyclonefan11
Varsity

Postby EagleMan52 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 10:30 am

sandy wrote:Is there anyone out there who can do a little research on scisa baseball and softball 1A,2A,and 3A state titles in a row starting in 1999 when fastpitch began for scisa? It is strange we can come up with every stat in our football and basketball records. We have everything but how many times a player spits per quarter. Yes overkill on football and basketball records. How many stats are kept on baseball and softball? A bit bias? Yes!!! How many baseball games or softball games have any people in charge of collecting these stats have even been watched? These two sports that get out to face bigger scisa schools along with public schools. Look at Cardinal Newman,Holley Hill,Wardlaw Academy,Florence Christan,LM,CP,Newberry Academy. These are just some of many teams in baseball and softball who meet the challange. But who cares, it is not football or basketball. Same as it has been for years and years. All we are asking is a simple thing. What are the records for State championships in a row 1999 through 2011. Should not be such a grave task for someone in SCISA admin. to find out! Give a little respect to these fine programs. Thanks for someones time I hope.

Well here's a start sandy:

A Softball

I'm pretty sure Wardlaw has won about all of them! :roll:

AA Softball

2010: Carolina Academy
2011: Thomas Heyward

AAA Softball

1999: Florence Christian
2005: Florence Christian
2006: Florence Christian
2010: Northwood Academy
2011: Laurence Manning

That's just off the top of my head, and of course I'm a FC fan so I know we won those years. Good luck finding the rest of the info!
Last edited by EagleMan52 on Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:15 am, edited 2 times in total.
“Champions aren't made in the gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them a desire, a dream, a vision.”
EagleMan52
All-American

Postby sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 11:07 am

Thanks FC fan. I just think there is a bias that works for football and basketball but baseball and softball is left out to many times. These are two sports that do not mind stepping up to bigger and stronger forces to prove scisa can play with them. And still these two fine programs don't get reconized for what they have done. We have people in this organ. that could do it. I am sure they should be able to look up scisa state champions from 1999 to 2011 in 1A 2A and 3A!
sandy
Freshman

Postby sc7777(godfather) » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:38 pm

Wardlaw has won seven straight softball titles
sc7777(godfather)
Varsity

Postby sandy » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:25 pm

Godfather are you saying that is a scisa record in softball? And could you tell that five in a row for LA is a scisa record? Thanks!!
sandy
Freshman

Next

Return to SCISA